andrestor

This is not what I hoped DayZ would be

Yeah, the paranoid murdering can detract from the experience a bit. I ran around in nothing but my underwear to see how people would respond to me. Out of around 20 or so people than I encountered, 18 murdered me without a word, one said something I couldn't quite make out and then murdered me, and one told me to go away in very colourful language.

After I saw some videos of freshspawns punching fully geared people unconscious with their fists and then stealing their gear, I would definitely shoot you, too, if you would not go away after I told you so.

• Like 1

NOTE: I'm not sure if this thread was already posted, but it isn't appearing so I think my phone glitched out, if this is a repost delete this thread, please

I didn't buy a sandbox GTA, I bought a survival game, I'm not playing a game to be grieved on.

I never played the mod but I was very interested in it until I noticed the SA came out, nevertheless the PEOPLE'S attitude is what is ruining it for me, I think what's most disappointing is that a lot of griefers are proud of what they do.

I'm out for now might come back later if things change. Enjoy being assholes for the time being

Inb4 OP got killed: no I haven't in my latest and longest life but seeing as though people are getting more and more dickish it's probably for the better that I lay off for a while. I'm not in favor of KoSing for the lame excuse of preventive self defense

Well am a non-kos'er type to ...The situations where I kill is

*Armed people in airfields see me !

*Someone armed doesn't respond when I ask if friendly !

*#SUSPICION

*Someone tries to take a shot at me !

*Someone killed someone without any reason !

The best you can do is avoid people who are armed ,,, If you play for sometime, you might actually be able to diffrenciate a little b/w killers and friendlies .

Well don't take a break if your new to game ...

SURVIVE.EXPLORE.ENJOY

• Like 1

FYI I haven't died since I made that thread, in fact there have been more interesting stories after that episode but my point is that things are taking a turn for the worst in the community ever since

You definitely don't know my play style and my way to approach buildings and towns so there goes your assumptions

Ok let me see you said earlier that you did not play the mod and have made the assumption that the community is taking a turn for the worst

You obviously dont know dayz then infact in the mod it was exactly the same just with more guns and cars and helis people will kos and always

will so you not playing the mod how do you get that the community is worse now also youtube is a bad place for game info it seems people like to cut out the umpteen Jillion deaths and shit they run into anyways.

• Like 1

At first that was how I felt too. KoS seemed like a lame excuse to me for people to kill whoever they wanted like it was CoD. After a while you come to a point where I KoS if you have a gun, because 9/10 times you will be killed because you have a gun. If you don't have a gun however I'm just cautious and won't kill you unless you come too close to me despite warnings. I do not go out of my way to kill people, but the adrenaline from a fire fight is pretty cool....when you don't die. 

I don't think it is fair to call PvPers "griefers" in this game. I personally don't like to KoS, but I'll admit that my trigger finger is a little more twitchy after being killed for my beans a few dozen times.

The fact is that most of the PvPers usually stick to a few places on the map. If you want to play in peace, I suggest you fine one of the more remote towns on this huge map and enjoy the game your way.

Common sense should tell you by now that if you are in a major city or a military location, your chance of meeting that bullet with your name on it goes up dramatically.

As sad as it sounds, it is fairly realistic that in a breakdown of society that cities and other places of rare supplies will be full of gangs and killers that will take your life, your wife and your can opener.

Maybe one day when they allow private servers, we'll be able to form that utopian society where we all unite for the common good and cleanse the world of the zombie hordes...

Until then, we'll just have to cowboy up and survive the chaos.

Zombieland Rule #32: Enjoy the little things.

• Like 1

"This early alpha game isn't nearly as good as the full release standalone I wanted. Rocket pls fix"

i agree and op proves the point that a sandbox deathmatch will not survive and will bleed players and make it where new people like the op buy hate it and then spread word to others to not buy...

yes it has sold over 600k...but it has the pontential to sell over 2 million if done right and has depth added and moves away from this sandbox deathmatch style of play....

if it stays this style of play it will just peter out and eventually vanish and be some obsuce game like 'infestation VD stories'.

dayz has the basic structure to be amazing and its mods like epoch with npc's and events would be looked at for the SA it would add that depth to the standalone...but it has to have something more than just sandbox pvp..

there is just so much you could do...and often times i think rocket being unwilling or saying that some things are too hard to do is just crap...have an open mind and turn your game into something amazing and not another shitZ game that has nohting but pvp...i ask this question...rocket said he wants us to make our own storys...how are we supposed to do that when we have no effect on the world around us and the only stories to be had are pvp(boreing)...what stories are you expecting rocket?

also all you people talking about the mod seem to forget just one thing...

when the mod became pure deathmatch and spawn with everything and just go kill...it started to bleed thousands of players because it became dull as a matter of fact the only mods with any traffic really at the end were epoch,dayzero,battle royal and even then it was hard to really find a full server...just remeber that fact right there it proves the point dayz cannot survive as a sandbox deathmatch.

P.S. those who keep syaing alpha to those who bitch...think about this its alpha now is the time to bitch guys and get changes made and turn this game into something we can all enjoy....its not bitchin if its constructive and has to do with game changes and things that people would like to see...so please stop being dumb and saying "hur dur its alpher you didnt read"...cause yes we did and we are voicing our opinion on what we would like to see or are dissapointed is not in or coming or whatever...

Edited by soulesseye

Since you never played the mod, you wouldn't know; things were WAY worse then. People more than ever are friendly. You just had expectations based on something you never played. Once you get better and get loot, then its time to hunt the most dangerous game. I recommend you play with a group of friends and you will change your tune real fast. Message me if you'd like to meet up, I'll show you a good time. I play with up to five people and my list continues to grow. Playing as a group is how this game was meant to be played, there is nothing like someone having your back.  

I didn't buy a sandbox GTA, I bought a survival game, I'm not playing a game to be grieved on.

You bought DayZ. It's not a "survival game," any more than it is GTA. The whole point is that it's unique. It's a bit of this and that.

Another major point is that it doesn't actually resemble the final game in any way, since it's in early Alpha.

As for being "grieved on" I don't know what the fuck that means. If you mean you're not playing to get shot by other players, then yes, even in Beta or Final release DayZ is probably going to make you unhappy. It's a game with guns, other players and unrestricted PvP. You're going to be shot, over and over again. Even if you think you "don't deserve it" or "it doesn't make sense" or "real people wouldn't really do that" you're still going to get shot. The shooting is never going to stop. If you want it to so badly that you feel you're being "grieved on" then just close up the game and forget it exists because it's going to cause you nothing but stress.

Sounds like you should have done a bit of research, OP. Sadly the popular youtube videos surrounding DayZ don't paint the true colors of what we have, but it is alpha, it is buggy, it does have exploits aplenty and it will improve.

Just wait it out, no harm. It's riding on the hype train currently, but a lot of people will leave, as with every game that goes on the hype train.

You could get ArmA 2 while it's on sale (Combined Operations or Complete Collection for DayZ) and play the mod, which is far more stable. Surprisingly a lot of new people and plenty of people that help them over sidechat.

Even if you end up not liking DayZ Mod all too much you have ArmA 2 and mods of DayZ to explore. Might be, though, that DayZ just isn't your thing.

• Like 1

i agree and op proves the point that a sandbox deathmatch will not survive and will bleed players

One post "proves" the point, huh? That's what you're going with?

Yeah, the paranoid murdering can detract from the experience a bit. I ran around in nothing but my underwear to see how people would respond to me. Out of around 20 or so people than I encountered, 18 murdered me without a word, one said something I couldn't quite make out and then murdered me, and one told me to go away in very colourful language.

So you ran around acting like a complete idiot and people told you off. Congratulations. What did you expect people to do, offer you pants?

The paranoid murdering is the entire reason the game is interesting. What's left if you don't have that? Eating sardines and watching the sunset. Weeeee!

i agree and op proves the point that a sandbox deathmatch will not survive and will bleed players and make it where new people like the op buy hate it and then spread word to others to not buy...

yes it has sold over 600k...but it has the pontential to sell over 2 million if done right and has depth added and moves away from this sandbox deathmatch style of play....

if it stays this style of play it will just peter out and eventually vanish and be some obsuce game like 'infestation VD stories'.

dayz has the basic structure to be amazing and its mods like epoch with npc's and events would be looked at for the SA it would add that depth to the standalone...but it has to have something more than just sandbox pvp..

there is just so much you could do...and often times i think rocket being unwilling or saying that some things are too hard to do is just crap...have an open mind and turn your game into something amazing and not another shitZ game that has nohting but pvp...i ask this question...rocket said he wants us to make our own storys...how are we supposed to do that when we have no effect on the world around us and the only stories to be had are pvp(boreing)...what stories are you expecting rocket?

also all you people talking about the mod seem to forget just one thing...

when the mod became pure deathmatch and spawn with everything and just go kill...it started to bleed thousands of players because it became dull as a matter of fact the only mods with any traffic really at the end were epoch,dayzero,battle royal and even then it was hard to really find a full server...just remeber that fact right there it proves the point dayz cannot survive as a sandbox deathmatch.

P.S. those who keep syaing alpha to those who bitch...think about this its alpha now is the time to bitch guys and get changes made and turn this game into something we can all enjoy....its not bitchin if its constructive and has to do with game changes and things that people would like to see...so please stop being dumb and saying "hur dur its alpher you didnt read"...cause yes we did and we are voicing our opinion on what we would like to see or are dissapointed is not in or coming or whatever...

The ol Mustard Tiger

• Like 1

DayZ is a harsh and unforgiving world as you the OP put it, its a Sandbox and some people just want to build sandtraps so others fall into them.

Edited by Clarkeh

NOTE: I'm not sure if this thread was already posted, but it isn't appearing so I think my phone glitched out, if this is a repost delete this thread, please

I never played the mod but I was very interested in it until I noticed the SA came out, nevertheless the PEOPLE'S attitude is what is ruining it for me, I think what's most disappointing is that a lot of griefers are proud of what they do.

I'm out for now might come back later if things change. Enjoy being assholes for the time being

Inb4 OP got killed: no I haven't in my latest and longest life but seeing as though people are getting more and more dickish it's probably for the better that I lay off for a while. I'm not in favor of KoSing for the lame excuse of preventive self defense

Perhaps you should come at the game from a different angle? Sadly a video game representation can never produce peoples true behaviour in this type of situation. What you get is a hyper exaggerated sense of heroics and carelessness which would be completely at odds with how humans would behave when faced with imminent extinction.

Get to know the beast and assume that there will be players out there who simply want to kill everyone they meet, in my experience they're usually not to bright and don't like it when you turn the tables on them so make sure your always in control of any given situation using plenty of recon before entering high pop areas. Know where everyone is and where they are likely to be if you can. Most importantly, DayZ is supposed to be an unforgiving environment and griefers are part of it so don't let it get to you, there are level headed survivors out there who want to treat this game in a different way but it's important not to trust anyone even so.

• Like 1

wait.. u never played the mod but u buy an !ALPHA! version and now u are complaining?????

well.. your fault.

lol you fucking moron what does alpha have to do with the community? think what you write.

You'll just have to deal with it, dying is a big part of Dayz, it won't change there will always be bandits, you will die alot in this game. Just stay away from anyone who could be a threat, simple as that.

I'd bet most of the people complaining about KoS are the same ones that run in the middle of roads in yellow raincoats and orange backpacks. I had my character for a solid 4 days and only died because I went looking for trouble before this patch. It's all about taking it slow and observing what's around you. Don't run across the airstrip at Balota and qq about getting shot.

If you never played the mod how would you know what to expect from the standalone? The mod is full of KoSers and lots of hackers. The mod also has vehicles and other gear.

So you ran around acting like a complete idiot and people told you off. Congratulations. What did you expect people to do, offer you pants?

The paranoid murdering is the entire reason the game is interesting. What's left if you don't have that? Eating sardines and watching the sunset. Weeeee!

I perhaps expected people to talk first before mindlessly pulling the trigger on someone who didn't pose a threat to them?

Dogtag go on youtube and type in DayZ SA Mugging and tell me then if you still believe an unarmed player is not a threat.

Right now clothing dramatically reduces the chances of bleeding. I almost never bleed when hit by a zombie, maybe 1 out of 20-30 hits results in bleeding. I'm wearing a Tan Tactical Shirt, TTsKO Pants, Tactical Vest, Black Working Gloves and a Ballistic Helmet.

lol you fucking moron what does alpha have to do with the community? think what you write.

Do you know the meaning of the word alpha? Like, at all? It means the game is incomplete. Once there are more features, it will play differently. Stop insulting people, ass.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

First off: I like there is PvP is this game, I like how it's a sandbox with no rules, I don't want PvP discouraged with a 'blunt instrument', I think PvP adds to the danger of the game, I like how my heart rate goes up when looting military areas (I consider them to be fair game for KoS even), i like how I have to scan the horizon with paranoia constantly as I am trekking around, i think to be great this game needs a mix of survivors/bandits/heroes.

However;

*this is your story

*unscripted

*mmo

*survival

*horror

When you watch the alpha trailer these are the things popping up on screen. These are the things that the DEVELOPERS are telling us this game is about.

I don't see *(generic) deathmatch FPS or even PvP listed there, do you? Really saddens me that so many people play it as such and then even try to justify mindless kosing as realistic. Does killing bambis near the coast really give you such a hard-on?

Basically what you are saying to me is that in a zombie survival outbreak EVERYONE is going to be either a Merle, Govenor or Shane type character on DayZ. If you watch the Walking Dead there are MANY other types of characters who are gentle and helpful, and those that use force only when necessary like Rick (much more realistic scenario)

If you have watched the livestreams, read the devblogs and interviews with Rocket, it's obvious that he doesn't want to break the sandbox nature of DaZ by encouraging or discouraging a certain playstyle in a too direct way. I agree with this. 

However, it's pretty obvious by listening to Rocket that one of his main goals in the Standalone was to make your environment be much deadlier, making it harder to survive. This is evident in the new medical and food systems which are much more complex, realistic and I am sure in time will be quite deadly to players who ignore their health. Things like having items break and wear our also adds to this.

So, no: to the "Hur dur dis iz a PvP game! butthurts need to go play a single player if they don't want to be KoSed-while-un-armed-on-the-coast-by-another-angst ridden-16-year-old-who-is-taking-out-his-lack-of-ability-with-the-opposite-sex-on-people-in-a-video-game." crowd, I am sorry but this game is as much about survival, zombies and realism/immersion as it is about PvP. There are many, many, many PvP titles out there, while DayZ is/was fairly unique with its survial aspect. Why dumb the game down to being just a simple deathmatch?

I am beginning to think that the only way what I consider DayZ purists can be happy is when more realistic servers are brought out or all the CoD-kiddies move on to the next hyped game or even when the inevitable Overwatch mod for DayZ: Standalone comes out. The ease of which military loot is being obtained right now will obviously change so that will help too.

The mod was nearly ruined by rampant/mindless kos tbh, and its not just the killing itself. Since DayZ mod came out it was dumbed down many times by custom servers and mods. I load up my DayZ commander for servers and what do I see? +barracks +loadout +24hr Day +3rd person +500 vehicles +self bloodbag +no infection +EZ-MODE GARBAGE!!! These are primarily associated with PvP oriented servers/mods because these ez-moders cried like babies when zeds were buffed (viral zeds) and could knock you down, and infection was increased. Cried like babies they did. They didn't want a survival game to get in the way of their deathmatch so they dumbed it down. Dumbed it down they did. They like playing with loadouts so they don't have to run north for gear, added barracks all along the coast etc. Your life becomes cheaper, you don't care if you die because you can re-gear so easily. So it cheapens the whole DayZ experience.

These people who like to PvP everyone in sight don't wan't to play DayZ Standalone. They want to play DayZ: SA Overwatch. Problem is that mod isn't out yet and won't be for a while.

TLDR; KoS will get better as the game makes survival harder and the CoD-kiddies move on to the next game/mod

Edited by zugzug
  • Like 1