Sign in to follow this  
gannon46

human claymore

Explosives, especially of the home made kind and apocalypses of all kinds go together like butter and bread. This is suppose to be a sandbox.

• Like 1

i knew it was an awful idea i actually don't play COD. swordfish was on and it was the scene with the guy getting rescued blowing up and i thought hey i want to do that to one of these D-bag groups that take people hostage. we are already getting improvised exlosives it was in a devblog(don't know if the idea was scrapped as of now though) it was a spray can and some other item so mad bombers are going to exist. but yet i could see how my idea could get exploited.but then again isn't everything in the game exploited by someone somewhere theres always gonna be D-bags all you can do is try and play by the rules.

I was trying to remember that scene, but all I can think of is Halle Berry's claymores. :)

To be honest, I want something like this to be a part of base building, having all sorts of traps you actually design and place yourself, mines, tripwires etc.

Not sure how you could do this without limiting placement of explosives or without limiting base building locations(limiting anything is a bad idea when it comes to actual in game mechanics).

So ehh, not so sure about explosives in DayZ...I want them, for base building purposes, to protect my bases, and make them "safe" without any stupid game limiting mechanics, but at the same time, I would be more annoyed at running into a random mine when there isn't even anyone near me, to "see" it happen.

If it was to use the "hive economy" limiting the number of existing explosives globally across all servers, then its possible...

blowing yourself up is kinda against survival but an interesting idea anyway     enjoy my beans before you go and blow yourself up lol..

There are all kinds of people out there and if I were to look at it from authentic ( to me ) perspective, explosives would play significant role in post apocalyptic scenario, IMO.

I very much doubt people would be running across some african soil full of lions ( analogy for being eaten alive ) and not take any advantage of every last piece of knowledge that can applied to gain advantage.

I am just saying that If I were to be on my own in a place where anything-anytime can jump on my back while I focus on doing something else, you bet I'd TRY to make sure the back doors are armed and ready to fly on click of a button.

That's not to mention other people hunting YOU as well. Now if bullets ( and possible jamming ) is the only tool you want to rely on than fine but I'd feel better having a plan B. I mean it's not like coming home and getting back to your xbox. The desire to live for years to come may not be as strong with others as some people love them self more than others do or might.

Little off topic there but again, as long as it rare ( NOT for everyone ) this could be fun

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

1. Grab hostage

2. Strap him into a bomb vest

3. Give him a mosin with a single bullet

4. Send him into clear the nearest city for you, he's gonna die whether he does or not

5. Profit

Would be a bit safer if there were blanks as well as live ammo in the game, but I really couldn't face the pain of finding a gun, magazine, scope and then just fake ammo, it's better off finding no ammo at all :)