TheStevieJ

Shooting is off?

It's likely your stance. Standing is an extremely unstable platform. At the most, try to crouch. If you try to fire with the bipod open in any position other than prone, it has a negative effect on accuracy as well.

It's likely your stance. Standing is an extremely unstable platform. At the most, try to crouch. If you try to fire with the bipod open in any position other than prone, it has a negative effect on accuracy as well.

In b4 OP has his m4 zeroed to 300 or 800 somehow lol.

• Like 1

I was zero'd into 100m? Could that be why or..?

zero at 100m is ok and default settings.

Your m4 is bugged or something.

PS.

Did you increased your FOV? If yes then maybe this is the reason, somehow.

Edited by Frosti

Ah okay :/ Damn this blows. I have to go re-risk my life in another airfield I guess :p

I have had similar problems where the bullets didn't seem to hit the target and I have put it down to packet loss type situation because I also did not see the bullets impact behind the player.

I believe the zeroing of M4s are at 200m by default (maybe 100?) So it could be that your shots are sailing over their head.

Secondly, as already mentioned, this engine calculates ballistics realistically. Sometimes the shot will be off in general. It's also designed that way (I think) so that more meaningful firefights can happen at medium to long range with rifles like the M4. Basically it's simulating that you're a survivor who probably has little to no training or history in shooting firearms.

EDIT - also, you accuracy can also be increased by shooting crouched or prone or by adding a bipod to the rifle as already mentioned.

Edited by serenityrick

Zero probably wont matter much on such short distances, unless you go for headshots, which you usually don't. Maybe it's a combination of stance, sight discrepancy, zeroing, lag and possibly a bug. i haven't shot a lot in DayZ, but I've mostly hit my targets in 1-3 shots.

Another possibility is the iron sights are complete crap. When I was using a red dot at one time, my shots seemed precision.