Sign in to follow this  
the_annoying_fin

An alternative idea for the AK

Well, since the only obstruction in your opinions for the RK-95 seems to be the "Why should it be there?" Which is a really good point, don't get me wrong.

Let's instead add the TRG-42, as the only military grade sniper rifle. I won't be boring you with a wall of text, since you can look it up on wikipedia. 
That would fit better, since in Europe, it is one of the most used sniper rifles, both in the military AND POLICE FORCES.

When you've done reading the Wikipedia article, please tell me your opinions   :)

Not trying to put too much National Pride, or none at all. But that just came to my mind thinking about this and looking through the replies  ;) 

So first off, it's only an idea. And i wanna hear your thoughts on it.

And all this is ONLY if they decide to add AK (or similar) weapon to the game.

So let me introduce to you the Finnish variant for the AK series. 

RK-95

puska-sako_rk_95_tp_2.jpg

- Basically has all the operational parts same as the AK, so reliability is the key here.
- Chambers same round as the AK, the trusty, slow and devastating 7.62x39mm.
- Uses curved, impact resistant polymer magazines. Yet it can still use the standard AK-47 magazines.
- Comes with a folding stock. Could be to save space in your backpack (?)
- The iron sights also feature low light self-luminous tritium gas vials.
- Can also use most common optical sights (e.g the ACOG) through the use of receiver mounted side rail. This is the same kind of receiver mount used on the current PU sight. But instead of fixed sight on top, it has a rail on top.
- It can also use the common accessories such as a Bipod (barrel mounted), under slung 40mm grenade launcher. 

I think that it would be a good replacement for the POSSIBLE AK-47/AKM.
Should be a bit more rare than the M4A1, due to very powerful close to mid range 7.62x39mm. And the fact that it can mount great deal of accessories.

As for the parts and accessories to be added. 
The most important to add would be the Receiver Mounted Side Rail. But it should come without any optics mounted. But you could mount most of the optics found in game.
Magazines to be found would be the standard, and coupled, since there are very few variations as far as the magazines go. 

I wanna hear YOUR thoughts on this one. And hope to hear explanations as to why it should/shouldn't be ingame. 
Also, i know it wouldn't exactly fit into the post-soviet state or chernarus being a finnish gun. But hey, who knows who was there when the outbreak came?

Edit: Did i make that last part clear now?

Edited by The_Annoying_Finn

Why would this replace the ak let alone be in the game :/

Finish rifle a really nice one sure but it has no place in Chenarus.

• Like 1

I wanna hear YOUR thoughts on this one. And hope to hear explanations as to why it should/shouldn't be ingame. 

Also, i know it wouldn't exactly fit into the post-soviet state or chernarus being a finnish gun. But hey, who knows who was there when the outbreak came?

Why would this replace the ak let alone be in the game :/

Finish rifle a really nice one sure but it has no place in Chenarus.

You must've read it before i added the end part

Sooo, its basically just an AK made in Finland?  National Pride is cool and all but I see no difference between the RK and AK, at least not enough of one to warrant it being the 'replacement' for the AKM/47 or the 74.  Chenarus is based loosely on the Czech Republic, if anything they would use any Czech AK variants if they weren't going to go with the generic Russian AKs.

• Like 1

The_Annoying_Finn

I see why you want it.

But it doesn't make sense, so nah.

This is a weapon for ArmA 3's sandbox and the FDF mod.

• Like 2

So this would be like, a rare AK, just with a new texture job? I would be up for advocating one of the later Kilashnikov models in as very late game equipment (AK -101/02/03/04?), but this doesn't seem like a big step up from the AK, apart from the increased adaptibility.

I see why you want it.

But it doesn't make sense, so nah.

This is a weapon for ArmA 3's sandbox and the FDF mod.

Oh, stop it you :blush: . You noticed that didn't you. For that i give you some A-class  :beans:

• Like 1

So this would be like, a rare AK, just with a new texture job? I would be up for advocating one of the later Kilashnikov models in as very late game equipment (AK -101/02/03/04?), but this doesn't seem like a big step up from the AK, apart from the increased adaptibility.

And that highlighted part i believe is the current candy for weapons in the SA, no?

Also, the late AKs you listed are chambered in the smaller caliber 5.56x45mm Nato and 5.45x39mm

Edited by The_Annoying_Finn

And that highlighted part i believe is the current candy for weapons in the SA, no?

Also, the late AKs you listed are chambered in the smaller caliber 5.56x45mm Nato

101/02 are 5.56, but 03 and 04 are 7.62. Not saying they should all go in the game, but they are pretty identicle to that Finn weapon except it's got more chance of appearing realistically. Ya aren't gonna find many Finn mercenaries in this ex-soviet wasteland.

IIRC, Chernarus is ex-USSR, therefore i don't see much point in AK in 7.62x39 ammo. 5.45x39 fit good.

The M4A1 doesn't scream out "MOTHER RUSSIA" in my opinion.  ;)

Meh, we might as well keep the AK.

As most other people, I just can't see why it should be put in the game.

The M4A1 doesn't scream out "MOTHER RUSSIA" in my opinion.  ;)

Chernarus isn't Russia, but "some" ex-USSR republic. At least three of them are NATO members and they use NATO standards. Also they use western weapons, in army and in paramilitary organizations.

I don't said, that AK haven't place in Chernarus, but i said only about ammo.