Yeung-Jin

Just starved to death in Cherno

Stay away from the busy towns and you can find a ton of things. Berezino had 7+ cans in one market. I found a gillie suit, binocs, and 3 morphines. There were no other players and I didn't aggro one zed. Didn't see many animals near there though.

No, you certainly aren't alone.

In a typical clear of a residential area or a farm, I'll find probably 4 or 5 hatchets/crowbars, some ammo for a weapon I'll never find, 10 cans of soda, and maybe a can of beans if I'm lucky that day.

It's pretty brutal out there now. As others have said, though, I see plenty of animals, so if you find a hunting knife you're going to be in a good spot.

I agree.. I've been watching the spawn rates in Cherno(because that is my home), and there are more drinks, shotgun shells, and 45 ACP rounds than cans of food. Like 5:1..

Don't even get me started on bandages. I think a "tweak" is in order.

it seems like there are always extremes and this bugs me a little' date='to really see the effect of these changes it should be brought in with steps.i can think of a few examples in the last few patches:

1)u first had a gun with allot of ammo and two bandages at spawn,then they changed to no gun at all and one bandage and in the same patch they upped the zombies by making them aggro easier and giving them the ability to break bones.

2)u start without water or food but then in the same patch these items get a lower spawn %

3)u start without morphine and zombies get the ability to break bones

it seems that none of these are necessarily bad changes but the fact that they get brought in together makes it hard to see their individual effect.i think for me it would have been better if they were brought in one by one.

[/quote']

I just want to point out that zombies have had the ability to break bones since I've been playing (since second week of May.) I think it was just harder to get a broken bone than it is now.

Everybody sais no problem in having food once u get a knife, so u can go to the forest and hunt some animals.

Ok, but what about the match boxes to start a fire? Nobody talks about them.

IMO matchboxes are TOO MUCH rare considering that those are items that should be available in 95% of houses in a country like Chernarus...

Maybe I have just got bad luck about them, but I've been playing Dayz since 1.5.7, and I have found only 3 matchboxes... Less than NVGs or .50 sniper rifles... That doesn't make sense...

About the topic, canned food is OK for me, haven't had problems finding it excep for the bugged hotfix of some days ago..

You have found more NVG's and 50 cals than matchboxes?? I'd be more than willing to trade you some!

So I guess the general consensus is that this is not meant to be happening. I wonder if it was intentional.

I don't know how the hell you guys are having so much trouble getting off the south coast...

Maps aren't essential, you can google one ffs. Google a map, get the fuck away from the south coast...

Personally I haven't had to spawn without a gun yet BUT I can imagine I'd be fine if I didn't have one.

With the previous patches, I've spawned and run North straight away just using a map I googled, found a barn and I was set from there.

I had food,drink, a primary weapon and a googled map. That is absolutely all you need, other stuff just makes life easier.

I actually managed to take someone out with my winchester from over 200m away quite easily and he had everything on him, including an Mk48 LMG so I was even more set after that.