Yeung-Jin

Just starved to death in Cherno

Is food super rare now? I'm finding more guns than food since the last couple hotfixes. I swept through cherno, found no food, even in the supermarket.

As I started to starve to death, I decided just to bum rush a couple of players and I ended up killing both of them. From the looks of it they had spawned not that long ago; they had compasses, watches, maps and such. But no food. Am I the only one experiencing this or do I have to adapt? It seems like if this is the way the game is for now, bean banditry might become a necessity for me.

I have had no issue finding food for the most part this hotfix, besides once today. I checked around 6 of the red/orange houses, countless brown houses, 30+ zombies, 8 deer stands, and the balota airfield without finding any. My friend had to come find me to bring me food, otherwise I was seriously going to starve to death (didn't help my legs were broken, but oh well.) haha.

Yeah it's a little better now but still seems a lot harder to find food.. And I love going into a building and finding 5 axes

Found 8+ cans of soda last night. 1 tin o'beanz. So it seems rarer, yeah.

Animals, on the other hand, are super abundant.

a find more food than guns.and whats with all the AKMS lol.theres loads of them

Cherno and Elektro are high traffic areas. When I went through them I found rarely any food, but I killed a zed and dropped a can.

Either way, you need to get away from HT cities. Any decent loot is almost always taken, and I'd estimated at least 25% of a servers pop is in cherno.

I think it all just depends who has been there before you, on one server I will find the supermarket and all surrounding buildings empty yet on another they may all be full, so not really an issue with less food being spawned but more like someone has looted before you.

Food these days has bigger meaning now. It is really harder to find. Just like you, I checked many of buildings, but found almost nothing... Rare food is rare... :D

~TS666

Thanks for all the feedback guys, up until now I've mostly played on low player servers, so most areas wouldn't have had many people through them. Now that I've got a better feel for the game I've switched to high player servers, I'll try branching out to areas that aren't hotspots.

Apart from that one hotfix where food wasn't spawning AT ALL I've never had trouble finding any... did a quick hunt around before to stock up and easily came across 10-15 cans. If you can't find any though, I'd suggest hitting the forest and finding a boar.

Yeah been surviving for 5 hours now and only found 1 can of pasta and that was from killing a zombie after hitting so many out buildings and only finding sodas.

What makes this even more frustrating is while I have noticed the abundance of animals, I don't have a knife to do anything with them.. yeah they need to address this food problem, at least start everyone with a knife perhaps? or be able to gut an animal without the need. Because it'd be a shame to die of starvation rather than shot or zombies. :L

You can hunt animals and cook food if you just go looking in fields.. even a rabbit can sustain you for a while til u find bigger game.

Noticed the scarcity of food myself. Going to die from starvation soon if I don't go raid a town soon.

it seems like there are always extremes and this bugs me a little,to really see the effect of these changes it should be brought in with steps.i can think of a few examples in the last few patches:

1)u first had a gun with allot of ammo and two bandages at spawn,then they changed to no gun at all and one bandage and in the same patch they upped the zombies by making them aggro easier and giving them the ability to break bones.

2)u start without water or food but then in the same patch these items get a lower spawn %

3)u start without morphine and zombies get the ability to break bones

it seems that none of these are necessarily bad changes but the fact that they get brought in together makes it hard to see their individual effect.i think for me it would have been better if they were brought in one by one.

Yep, me and my friend have been moving town to town, deer stand to deer stand and only found 1 can of beans over the span of about 4 hours playtime. And we only found it because it was in the supermarket of Stary Sobor. There were 2 cans of drink in there I think.

Rocket needs to raise the loot percentage of food a bit more... Assuming he did lower it.

I've never had a problem with food or drinks.

i always have a full stock on both to the point where i have to eat and drink just to clear space in my bag.

and once you find a knife, matches and hatchets(<- everywhere) all you have to do is find an animal and you never run out of food again.

I have about 20 cooked meat on me and im still finding cans of food everywhere lol

does no-one know how to kill cows/sheep to get raw meat and cook them? dont rely on canned food to survive.

no problem with food/water whatsoever, especially after the removal of offliine hunger and thirst. Got 3 Full Water Bottles, 2 Pepsi, 2 can of beans and 3 cooked meat in my pack.

does no-one know how to kill cows/sheep to get raw meat and cook them? dont rely on canned food to survive.

Without a knife and matches?

You're kinda missing the point of the thread. I'm not saying that it's impossible to survive, I'm just asking if anyone else has noticed a drastic reduction in canned foods. I'm aware of the fact that I could have left Cherno and hunted, but I decided to stay in Cherno just to test loot drops.