J3D1M1NDTR1CK5

Ideas for dayz: SAFE ZONES and ROAMING HORDES

i wonder if at some point in the future there will be safe zones in the game to facilitate trading and party formation. possibly even setting up the kiosks where you can leave items for sale. 

also, i think having ramdom hordes of zombie (10-20) would spice things up a lot. maybe have them roam from town to town and through the woods.

just some thoughts, feel free to add your own =)

Hordes yes, half confirmed, safe zones no. They don't fit the antigame mindset of DayZ. Make your own safe zone and launch a  community, I'd say. I'd go more into detail and such, but this has been proposed so many times in the past. Please find one of the other posts they made on this this week, and use that one.

agree on hordes , but bigger ones like 100-200 and no safe zones, I love my paranoia where i see bandit in every bush and every corner when i have full gear 3 days alive char. You can always trade with someone if you meet other friendly who wouldnt shoot you or rob you

No safezones.

Safezones ruin so many games, because they usually have a GLOBAL INVENTORY (bullshit) FEATURE which encourages loot hoarding. Instead of being careful with what you pick up and what you take off of a dead person's corpse, you literally take everything, run to the safezone, and store it.

In a few days you have a whole fucking armory.

Yes hordes.

Because hordes.

i wonder if at some point in the future there will be safe zones in the game to facilitate trading and party formation. possibly even setting up the kiosks where you can leave items for sale. 

also, i think having ramdom hordes of zombie (10-20) would spice things up a lot. maybe have them roam from town to town and through the woods.

just some thoughts, feel free to add your own =)

I don't think safezones are planned, if you want a quiet place to trade and frolic, you'll have to earn it.

There's already enough camping at high loot areas. Adding a safe zone would be ungodly.

They tried safezones with infamous game you have all probably heard of that was trying to get on the DayZ bandwagon. It didn't go so well, and there's a reason it's gone down in videogame history. I wouldn't argue that the blame is to place on that decision, but It hardly helped, and if those dev's did it, then DayZ should stay away.

Go to WARZ if you want Safe Zones . Whats with all these new Posters putting up ridiculous Ideas or things we have heard a 100 times . The game may have been only released a week ago but the Forums have been here for years now, THINK for a moment and look a tthe rest of the Forums, none of your Idea's are original and have all been discussed before

Ever played War Z? (or what ever the hell they changed their name to now)

Safe Zones ended up being guaranteed camp sites for bandits and griefers, totally destroyed the "sandbox" anything goes environment, there are no safe zones for a reason.. there is no safety 

if you wanted to create a zombie apocalypse utopia in the woods when the camps/construction portions of the game are developed then go right ahead, man it yourself and with a squad, but you have to stay vigilant if you want to maintain its integrity and safety, I have played in a few servers and private hives of dayz mod that had clans running safezones, but after a while they lose members and have too much to guard and end up getting overrun by bandits

Safe Zones are for other games not for DayZ i dont want to see this happen ever on normal Dayz Game.

Churches are safe zones, If I'm going afk I usually just enter the church in Elektro and kneel there before the alter, nobody has killed me yet while there

I really hope they don't add safe-zones. 

Random zombie hoards u say? YES, PLEASE!

Edited by Arty

Until God comes down and creates "safe zones" in the real world, it wouldn't be very realistic to add them to a simulator would it? 

i like to hide on top of hospitals and fire stations, generally they are pretty safe as noone ever thinks to look on roofs