OldHorse

Epoch base building?

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys. The server I'm playing on seems to allow turning a barn etc. into a base. I've seen a couple that have the doors boarded up and a garage door on one end. This seems to be a quick way to have a safe base for guys like me that would probably take a year to build one from scratch :) Any of you have experience with this? Any downside I might be missing? Thanks in advance.

Edited by OldHorse

You need to get a safe/vault first, should be your main goal.

Then you can store stuff without being stolen.
You could get a truck first to store some high value weapons ...like m14's, sa58's, akm's, sniper rifles...etc
Look for high value items, gps, redbull, orange sherbit, mountain dews...etc

once you have 12 * 10oz gold bars you can get a safe.

Then you could loot or buy building stuff, buying is a easy way, as you just do the above, sell and buy what you need.
cinder blocks is the way to go.
When building use the environment to your advantage to use the least amount of build materials. As you have to maintain it (about 6 days) that can change from server to server.

You need to get a safe/vault first, should be your main goal.

Then you can store stuff without being stolen.

You could get a truck first to store some high value weapons ...like m14's, sa58's, akm's, sniper rifles...etc

Look for high value items, gps, redbull, orange sherbit, mountain dews...etc

once you have 12 * 10oz gold bars you can get a safe.

Then you could loot or buy building stuff, buying is a easy way, as you just do the above, sell and buy what you need.

cinder blocks is the way to go.

When building use the environment to your advantage to use the least amount of build materials. As you have to maintain it (about 6 days) that can change from server to server.

What are these epoch servers?

Are they on the "official" server list? (by official I mean the ones on the select screen, I know they aren't technically official servers :P)

Does stuff transfer between the "Epoch" servers and regular ones?

Sorry if this is considered hijacking, I figured this didn't need another thread.

Believe me, I'm no expert but this is what I know. Epoch is a mod to the Dayz mod. I get to the server list by using Dayz Commander. This is a program for servers and mods, updates etc. The Epoch mod allows for all kinds of changes to the original Dayz. Probably a good idea to Google it if you are interested because...I repeat...I'm no expert :blush:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Man Up
      Here's the info but basically it has the required mods to enjoy the game and a few others that were requested by players. 
      Mission file size is 2061 kb which means high FPS! There are 4 random events that change with each restart so the file size may reach 2076 kb max
      The server is still new (3 weeks) and the population is between 5 and 20 depending on the time of day. 
      I do not use admin - I do it all myself - This eliminates "Admin Abuse" 100%
      I'm on the server 12+ hours a day to answer questions or offer help if needed.
      The server is prepaid for the next three months and sponsored on Dayz Launcher.  
      Server Location is in the USA and normal ping is around 60
      www.DeadCellGaming.com Teamspeak @ TS.DeadCell.US     DayZLauncher - Mods Required for the server are DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1 and Overwatch 0.2.5   Overpoch Chernarus @ 158.69.122.89:2402   Server Features:

• Custom Anti-hack • Instant Respawn
      • 24/7 Day
      • Enhanced Spawn Selection
      • Group Management
      • Plot Management
      • Advanced Trading
      • Custom Loadouts (Based on humanity)
      • Ear Plugs
      • Locate vehicle with GPS
      • Custom Missions.
      • Custom Airfield edits
      • Custom South Side Trader located in Chernogorsk
      • Roaming Trader that spawns in a new location every restart
      • Single currency (Cash Money)
      • Global Banks/ATM's
      • Fast Trading
      • God Mode, Anti BP, Zombie Shield & disabled guns in trader cities
      • Self Blood Bag
      • Deploy/Repack Bike, ATV/Dirtbike/SUV & KA137
      • Auto Refuel/Rearm/Repair @ trader heli pads & gas stations
      • Logistic Tow & Lift.
      • Right click Binocular/Rangefinder view distance modifier
      • Snap Build Pro
      • Build Vector
      • Plot management
      • Indestructible Cinder and Metal
      • 1 Step Build
      • No Weight
      • Locked vehicles have God Mode inside 50m plot pole radius
      • Custom abandon safe mission
      • Impound lot for abandon vehicles in safezones
      • Custom humanity system
      • Six month wipes
      • Much much more   Player Reward System   • Most Wanted: Is rewarded to the biggest bandit on the server.   On the 1st of each calendar month we will contact the player with the most negative humanity. This player get to create there very own custom loadout for the month. Choice of weapons and skins.
      For more info click HERE
      Players that play over 55 hours on the 15th and 120 hours on the 1st of each month on the server get access to CAMP VIP. Camp VIP has all traders minus hero/bandit/black market traders and everything is 20% off. You can buy half cinder walls, cinder door/garage doors and metal panels, this lets you skip a full step when trying to build a base. Roaming trader is here also but static and sells the best stuff on the server at 20% discount.
      For more info click HERE
        What you get from us:   Dead Cell Gaming hosts one DayZ mod server. Our server has fully customized AI missions and scripts. Our script writers are very skilled and have been on our staff for over 3 years. We have experience with just about every possible map/mod/script and work around the clock to be sure everyone has the best experience on all our servers. Our admin team is active, they do not play on the server and will respond to issues promptly once contacted in team speak.   
      What we want from you:   All we want is that you get a exciting experience in our server. Whether it is infantry combat, dog fights or base building - We have something for everyone. As a player we suggest you have a look at our rules located on our site. We also encourage you join our team speak to further your experience when playing on our server.   Important Notes:   • Two hour restarts.
      • Strict base maintain set at 8 days. For more info click HERE
      • Decayed Safe Mission: The safe will get permanently unlocked if untouched for 8 days. Our script will pick a permanently unlocked safe at random, teleport it from the base to a random location, place some cover objects around it and place a marker on it. For more info click HERE
      • Strict vehicle cleanup. For more info click HERE
      • DeadCell servers are protected by a custom written anti-hack and battle-eye filters. This means our servers are 99% free of hackers.     • By joining the server you have read and understand the full rule set located on our website. We hope you enjoy playing on our servers!!!   Our dedicated box specs   • CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1650v3 6c/12t 3.9GHz (OC) • RAM: 128Gb DDR4 ECC 2133 Mhz • SSD#1: 480GB for OS/Storage • SSD#2: 480GB for servers • OS: Windows Server 2012 R2 • Connection: 1 GBit/s (1000 Mbit) • Location: (Canada) Beauharnois, Quebec    
    • By Cartoonrboy
      Apologies if this has been asked, I have searched yet been unable to find a suitable response.
      Is there a pond item which, when placed just inches above another surface, does not cause units to bounce? Or perhaps it's possible to have the pond item as a visual item without the in-water effect (player swimming, bouncing)?