Sign in to follow this  
bassist05

Stop with the "This weapon doesnt belong" posts.

Ya... sorry, no.

Just because the game is fictional doesn't mean anything is appropriate or believable.

Not saying everything, but really, anything and everything that a basic US/RU military outfit has access to should be in the game,

have u guys ever thought that america may have came in to help quarantine the infection?

have u guys ever thought that america may have came in to help quarantine the infection?

[sarcasm]

No, you are the very first one, in any thread, to say this.

[/sarcasm]

Sorry, had to ;)

• Like 1

EAT MY Dual Wielded AS50s

Jokes aside.. to me the issue isn't immersion or authenticity, it's game design decision. I'm not a member of the crowd of Elektro hill sniping .50 cal bandits clamoring for their beloved weapon of choice to be reinstated into the Standalone.

I like variety, but also practicality. Pistols, Revolvers, Assault rifles, Hunting Rifles (and scopes like the current Long Range Scope), maybe a few civilian/law-enforcement/basic military sniper rifles, etc. But none of the over-the-top stuff like we saw in the mod.

I would 100% selfishly love to see a 416 put into the game, but I can understand if it isn't. But I would hate to see weapons like the .50 cal anti-material rifles put in.

Yeah sure just like that half way around the globe...the soviets will be happy...not. In most cases nations can be very nationalistic.

Edited by Enforcer

My only beef with the M4 is that it's way too common, more common than the shotgun and mosin nagant for me. I have yet to come across a single one of either of those weapons but the game is practically hosing me with M4s and appropriate ammunition all over the place.

As I said in my other First Impressions thread, I came across an M4 in a bloody office building. Which... unless it was a post office, that's just ridiculous.

Yeah sure just like that half way around the globe...the soviets will be happy...not. In most cases nations can be very nationalistic.

Its ex soviet bloc. I mean if there was a conflict in say serbia croatia, no way western powers would become involved eh?

The devs will put in what they put in. It stands to reason just about any NATO weapon, or European union weapon has the potential to authentically belong.

My only beef with the M4 is that it's way too common, more common than the shotgun and mosin nagant for me. I have yet to come across a single one of either of those weapons but the game is practically hosing me with M4s and appropriate ammunition all over the place.

The shotgun isn't in the game yet, so that's why you haven't seen one. As for the Mosin... I haven't seen one either.