Sign in to follow this  
The Legit Pie

How to value a player's life

Hi everyone, the whole thing revolving around how to value a player's life seem's tricky but I believe this could be solved if we added a 30 minute respawn timer. This would mean that player's would attempt to not be killed and would be more reluctant to surrender and such, as to not risk having to wait 30 minutes to respawn. This would also work with people trying to spawn in places like Elektro. Although this can be abused I believe it would fix some problems.

The best way to add value to a life is to literally add values to that life. IE Skill system. I think taking something away from a player is the wrong way of going about promoting value.

The best way to add value to a life is to literally add values to that life. IE Skill system. I think taking something away from a player is the wrong way of going about promoting value.

But let's say only a random system. Players shouldn't be able to choose and the chances that they get an office sitter should be greater than getting a spec ops guy( of course this type should not be in the list to begin with ).

But i don't think something like that will give value to that life either since it's shoot first ask later.

Right now I even don't give two shits about my own character life, don't even talking about other players life. I don't even care to fix my broken legs or to cure myself when I get sick, I just commit suicide and respawn becouse my life is so worthless.

If I die, I just respawn, sprint somewhere to get gun and voila, I am just like I was before I died.

I really would like to player life have a value and in my opinion to get this value there need to be some sets of skils and perks that your character gets depending how long you live.

your items and position are the value. You don't want to die if you are high up on the map because it took you a long time to get there.

You also don't want to die if you have good gear. 

Besides, putting a 30 minute timer will make people not want to play it. The game is realistic enough.

your items and position are the value. You don't want to die if you are high up on the map because it took you a long time to get there.

Besides, putting a 30 minute timer will make people not want to play it. The game is realistic enough.

^This.

Also they're going to drastically alter spawns (next patch we'll see a 50% reduction in military grade weapon spawns).

When they do this, everyone will value their lives a bit more.  A 30 minute respawn timer would kill the game.  A skill system is also something that doesn't need to exist in this game.

If player life will be worth it to crawl across the map with broken legs while trying to find morphine and sticks then you can call it value.

If player life will be worth it to be friendly to random players to exchange blood  bag types with them and not kill them but be friendly to them for this reason then it will mean that player life have value.

Right now even with gear and being far north, player life is worth absolutly nothing.

I say we do not give random skill values, unless we want to see bodies of those with a class they dislike near the coast lying suspiciously under tall buildings. Instead, your guy gets better at doing things each time he does the certain thing.

• Like 1