kimmoproudfoot@gmail.com

Ultralight Aircraft

Ultralight Aircraft  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see ultralight aircraft in DayZ?

What about something like the Piper Cub?

• It has some useable carrying capacity unlike an ultralight.
  • It's a two seater (with dual controls i believe) one behind the other.
  • Can take off and land on relatively rough terrain and in a very short distance (STOL).
  • Has little to no electronics on board (save the radio i suppose) so it is relatively easy to maintain.
  • Low speed, which is what is needed on small game world like Chernarus (otherwise you're like in the jets in BF3 which, even slowed down compared to reality are constantly hitting the map borders).
Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 1

i definitely do not want to see this vehicle in game, while i would not mind seeing helicopters introduced, i just dont want to see this.

i definitely do not want to see this vehicle in game, while i would not mind seeing helicopters introduced, i just dont want to see this.

Why? It's hardly any different in design than your average cessna but isn't extremely out of place like these one-seat ultralight helicopters & zeppelins people want.

Why? It's hardly any different in design than your average cessna but isn't extremely out of place like these one-seat ultralight helicopters & zeppelins people want.

i wish i could give a constructive answer than 'i just dont like the look of them, compared to a helicopter, while i realise that they might be more realistically serviceable, etc' but thats all ive got right now

Edited by qww

i wish i could give a constructive answer than 'i just dont like the look of them, compared to a helicopter, while i realise that they might be more realistically serviceable, etc' but thats all ive got right now

I'm not sure looks would be my biggest concern after the apocalypse. Sure, being intimidating or sending a visual message does work, and it is a video game, so obviously cool-factor is more notable. However, ultralight aircraft would be incredibly effective if you had them available, as they can take off and land in much more variable terrain than say a C-130. They don't necessarily have to add the one he chose specifically, but ultralight planes are probably the most plausible of any others (gliders could be too, but where would you launch them from?)

Regular small/medium planes and helicopters are still going to be the bulk of remaining vehicles, but nonetheless.