humberto

what plays dayz mod or SA on a laptop?

Anyone here play dayz mod and or stand alone on a laptop?

If so, can you post your laptop and what FPS and settings your getting?

I tried once and it wasn't pretty let me tell you. Well sir, It all depends on your laptop specifications! I'm sure many people would be able to help you if you posted them here and let us know what to base our response from! We can't help you if we don't know what you're running on!

All the best

Using a $1000 laptop I get 45-60 FPS using High or Max settings about 95% of the time, I do experience lag spikes at times however.

Specs:

Processor:
Intel Core i7-4700MQ 3.40 GHz
RAM:
12 GB DDR3
Hard Drive Size:
1 TB SATA
Operating system:
Windows 8
Video/ GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB

Overall I would not recommend playing on a laptop, its possible but not ideal if you are looking for performance, unless of course you want to spend $1000 - $1200.

I use a underclocked dell xps 15 laptop and i get around 25fps in woods with shadows on and 35-40 on open fields and around 30 in cities (with shadows on)

I play on a laptop, spent about $1200 for it a little over a year ago. Asus G75vw.

Intel Core i7 3610QM 2.30 GHz

8GB ram

Windows 7

GeForce GTX 660M

I generally get around 30 FPS, which is not bad. I play pretty well with anything above 20. I have most of the settings maxed.

Res 100%

Quality:

Very high

Very high

Disabled

Normal

Rendering:

All disabled

FXAA High

Low

Textures:

Auto

Very High

Disabled

If anyone has tips to improve performance I would appreciate it. I won't sacrifice my viewing pleasure though.

Using a $1000 laptop I get 45-60 FPS using High or Max settings about 95% of the time, I do experience lag spikes at times however.

Specs:

Processor:
RAM:
12 GB DDR3
Hard Drive Size:
1 TB SATA
Operating system:
Windows 8
Video/ GPU:

Overall I would not recommend playing on a laptop, its possible but not ideal if you are looking for performance, unless of course you want to spend $1000 - $1200.

well, Im on the go alot.... I see this laptop for under $700 and it has your specs.... but uses the intel HD graphics tho, dont know if that makes a difference

http://www.bjs.com/toshiba-satellite-l55-a5234-laptop-up-to-34ghz-intel-core-i7-4700mq-processor.product.241408?dimId=2000511

would this work?

Im figuring, if this laptop can get the same FPS as yours, its a beast and , in theory, would be able to play other games no problem

Edited by humberto

I use a lenovo B590, with the i5 and nvidia 610m. I get 20-30 FPS on average in the mod and i am yet to play SA as i haven't been able to get a proper internet connection so i can download it.

specs

i5-3230m 2.6-3.2 GHz 

4gb ram

intel HD graphics 4000

nvidia geforce 610M

15.6 inch screen

all those numbers are from Dayz mod on low, according to the FPS counter in Dxtory.

I use Asus G53S , I bought it an year ago have about 30 FPS , 20 when in new cherno areas. SA has much better FPS then mod

specs:

i7 2670QM - 2.20 GHz

8GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 560M 2 GB

15 inch screen

I don't only play it on a laptop, I play it on a MacBook Pro. And I play on maxed settings and don't drop below 40 FPS. To all you Apple/Mac Haters Go Fuck Yourself!

I don't only play it on a laptop, I play it on a MacBook Pro. And I play on maxed settings and don't drop below 40 FPS. To all you Apple/Mac Haters Go Fuck Yourself!

a mac book pro is a laptop.....

To be honest, your "mac book pro" is probably in line with a mid grade HP laptop...

the HP 4530s can be made into a "macbookpro" with speical software.

that said, your mac book pro is a HP with an apple logo on it

http://computerizer.biz/how-to-install-mac-os-x-10-8-3-on-hp-probook-4530s-or-4540s/

Im looking for people with faster laptops then your mid grade,

Yep it is possible my friend is also playing it on MacBook, do you play it windowed? Because when he use full-screen the mouse button disappear and it is hard to choose server  and inventory

I played the mod on my laptop

8 gigs ram

GTX 460M

i7 2.1 ghz (cant remember model)

I got around 40-50 FPS normally, and it dropped to around 15 when I spawned a ton of zombies.

you must enjoy bootcamping windows for 99% of games.

Specs:

Processor:
RAM:
12 GB DDR3
Hard Drive Size:
1 TB SATA
Operating system:
Windows 8
Video/ GPU:

well, Im on the go alot.... I see this laptop for under $700 and it has your specs.... but uses the intel HD graphics tho, dont know if that makes a difference

http://www.bjs.com/toshiba-satellite-l55-a5234-laptop-up-to-34ghz-intel-core-i7-4700mq-processor.product.241408?dimId=2000511

would this work?

Im figuring, if this laptop can get the same FPS as yours, its a beast and , in theory, would be able to play other games no problem

Well it isn't my exact laptop, however it should run Dayz like mine. I use the i7 HP Envy btw, I believe there are a few weaker versions of the Envy as well. 

Well it isn't my exact laptop, however it should run Dayz like mine. I use the i7 HP Envy btw, I believe there are a few weaker versions of the Envy as well. 

I see this envy but its CPU is only 2.4 its an i7 tho.

http://www.bjs.com/hp-envy-17-j020us-laptop-24ghz-intel-core-i7-4700mq-processor.product.242523?dimId=2000507

I mean I would be happy with a steady 40 fps on dayz on a lap top.

I play on a laptop but its a mid level 2 year old HP, was wondering if anyone with a laptop uses the Intel HD series built in graphics card

maybe someone can help me understand, what is turbo boost? and will it work with dayz?

seems that the title of the toshiba is misleading...

it says up to 3.4 ghz on the i7, but its really a 2.4 ghz

Alienware M17xR3

i7 Q2820

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon 6990M 2GB

2x 1TB HD

32 inch / 81cm Samsung LED 1080p TV set as primary display in extended desktop mode, laptop screen as secondary.

40-50 fps generally in the mod.  Haven't checked the SA yet, but I would guess 25-40

I play with a notebook and I get 60+ fps in the woods with Normal settings, and 40+ fps in cities.

Please have in mind that the optimization is not really good right now

I play with a notebook and I get 60+ fps in the woods with Normal settings, and 40+ fps in cities.

Please have in mind that the optimization is not really good right now

what kind of laptop?

what do you mean optimization for what the MOD or SA? or your laptop?

Clevo Horize P150HMA, now 2.5 years old.

Intel Core i7-2720QM

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB

8GB RAM

Mod performance is 60fps+ outside cities, server allowing of course. Generally only vanilla or DayZero servers achieve this. Standalone performance is in the mid 30s - I'm sure I can tweak another 10fps out of it, I just have to spend some time experimenting.

I've played both mod and SA on my Retina MacBook Pro.

i7 3820QM 2.7ghz

16GB

Nvidia 650M

512 GB SSD

SA performs better than Arma 2. Graphics on medium settings gets me great FPS. Ill have to get exact numbers.

what kind of laptop?

what do you mean optimization for what the MOD or SA? or your laptop?

4th gen i5 4200U 2.8GHz

AMD Radeon HD8850M

6GB RAM

optimization in the game. A LOT of people can run BF4 on ultra with 60+ FPS and get 30 ~ 50 FPS in DayZ because the game is not fully optimized yet.