Mays (DayZ)

Bodies vanishing after killing them

I killed 3 people on the airfield just then and each one of them vanished after I killed them? First ran into a wall and then teleported back and kept doing that before vanishing and the other two flat out vanished. Is it an Alpha bug or combat loggers? Thanks!

• Like 1

Nah only happens when you KoS

It's not killing on sight when they shoot you first.

Edited by Mays

I killed 3 people on the airfield just then and each one of them vanished after I killed them? First ran into a wall and then teleported back and kept doing that before vanishing and the other two flat out vanished. Is it an Alpha bug or combat loggers? Thanks!

The teleporting one may have crashed to desktop as this happens sometimes when you crash. The other two may have combat logged from the game or just simple a bug of the alpha like you say, Better luck on your next kills.

• Like 1

Yeah game is slightly bugged it doesn't know they shot first because you had no hit marks.

It's ment go pick up bullet hits around you then decide if you get the loot or not..

No one read the updates?

I believe it happens when they press respawn fast after getting killed. Was a problem in the mod sometimes too. Otherwise they logged off. 

Yeah game is slightly bugged it doesn't know they shot first because you had no hit marks.

It's ment go pick up bullet hits around you then decide if you get the loot or not..

No one read the updates?

Disregard this bollocks above. It happens if the 'respawn' function doesn't work and ppl exit instead.

• Like 2

The teleporting one may have crashed to desktop as this happens sometimes when you crash. The other two may have combat logged from the game or just simple a bug of the alpha like you say, Better luck on your next kills.

Welp. Would've loved more of the already scarce ammo :P

Nah only happens when you KoS

Dear lord the butt hurt in one post. Stop whining about this, without bandits the game wouldn't exist. Get over it.

• Like 1

Dear lord the butt hurt in one post. Stop whining about this, without bandits the game wouldn't exist. Get over it.

I agree with you, Bandits are what add the thrill to dayz otherwise it would be too boring!

It's reflective of combat logging.

Generally, I kill someone and they exit right away so that you can't get their shit. It's pretty stupid right now. If you kill someone you should be able to loot them for a couple minutes after death, regardless of if they respawn or exit.

Currently, there's no way of actually looting someone unless they're distracted by their wife or girlfriend beating them with their purse. Otherwise, you're just SoL when it comes to obtaining their loot since they generally tend to exit instantly to thwart your attempts at obtaining the loot you should be able to receive since you did kill them and if you did in real life you'd loot them and go about your way surviving.

The most common reasons for bodies to vanish is that they simply log out right after they die, and their corpses disappear.
They still have to spawn fresh on the coast, and its not their fault their dead bodies disappear.

It's reflective of combat logging.

Generally, I kill someone and they exit right away so that you can't get their shit. It's pretty stupid right now. If you kill someone you should be able to loot them for a couple minutes after death, regardless of if they respawn or exit.

Currently, there's no way of actually looting someone unless they're distracted by their wife or girlfriend beating them with their purse. Otherwise, you're just SoL when it comes to obtaining their loot since they generally tend to exit instantly to thwart your attempts at obtaining the loot you should be able to receive since you did kill them and if you did in real life you'd loot them and go about your way surviving.

This is just a dumb post... Who the fuck wants to wait 5 min 'ish to respawn, so that poor fellow that just shot you in the face can loot your corpse.

It's not the dead guys fault he's corpse disappear, as said in previous post.

This happens sometimes regardless.

Friend of mine died (talked to him on skype) and he said he was still in-game laying where he died, while I saw him running and porting about a few hundred meters away from where he said he died.

PS: Sorry for the multiposting here, kinda posted before reading the next one.

This is just a dumb post... Who the fuck wants to wait 5 min 'ish to respawn, so that poor fellow that just shot you in the face can loot your corpse.

Any gamer worth their shit will wait for their body to be looted by their killer, as long as the killer played by the rules, meaning they didn't cheat. If you log out to deny your killer the loot they won in a fight then you are a piece of shit, plain and simple. Until they fix the bug of loot disappearing, at least wait a good 30 seconds to a minute before re-spawning. 

• Like 4

And does anyone else experience dead bodies (when they're actually there) just sliding diagonally across the land?

Any gamer worth their shit will wait for their body to be looted by their killer, as long as the killer played by the rules, meaning they didn't cheat. If you log out to deny your killer the loot they won in a fight then you are a piece of shit, plain and simple. Until they fix the bug of loot disappearing, at least wait a good 30 seconds to a minute before re-spawning. 

Take my beans. TAKE THEM! If they killed you fair and square then frankly they deserve the rewards, if they choose not to loot you then its their choice but at least give them the chance to right?

And does anyone else experience dead bodies (when they're actually there) just sliding diagonally across the land?

Oh yeah, plenty of issues to be fixed for alpha. Good times can still be had though!

You're about as retarded as the next dipshit who tries to say that's a dumb post.

It's combat logging you stupid shit. The fact that you can't loot a corpse because they haven't fixed the despawning issue is absolute crap. I never claimed it was the dead guys' fault either. Did you read the post? Or are you too fucking daft to realize I never claimed it was anyone's fault... moreso I claimed it was because they haven't fixed the body despawning mechanic yet. I never once said someone should have to wait 15 minutes to respawn, nor would I suggest it. I don't want this game to become WarZ nor tread that path.

Next time read a post before you reply. You look like an insolent little shit when you spout off and assume things that weren't even said. Asshat.

I believe it happens when they press respawn fast after getting killed. Was a problem in the mod sometimes too. Otherwise they logged off. 

Exit server = Body despawn

What we can determine here before every has a huge world war about it, The game is having some alpha moments here and bodies despawn, If you're a respectful player wait for a few minutes for your killer to pickup some loot for their victory and then be on your way with it.

Oh yeah, plenty of issues to be fixed for alpha. Good times can still be had though!

Yeah, it's incredibly fun even for an alpha. A lot better than the mod even in its current state.

Yeah, it's incredibly fun even for an alpha. A lot better than the mod even in its current state.

It has a better feeling than the mod, plus who doesn't love being the pantless warrior sweeping through the chicken infested fields wearing his aviators singing the lion king. just me?. Damn *walks away slowly*

If you are lucky to be close to the person you kill then couldn't you quickly drag all their items onto the floor before they respawn? Then you can proceed to loot?

Edited by Wigbig

What we can determine here before every has a huge world war about it, The game is having some alpha moments here and bodies despawn, If you're a respectful player wait for a few minutes for your killer to pickup some loot for their victory and then be on your way with it.

Yes there is the point of denying who ever shot you your loot but your also denying your chance to get it back. After all if they take your best stuff its still in game and if you find them and get the upper hand you could get it all back. Plus some need to realise playing in groups if you disappear your not the bait left for your friends to kill anyone looting you. It’s a minor annoyance that will get fixed within weeks.