welwiz

where are all the heros?

i have spent the past three days doing nothing but run around looking for friendlys and i havent once run in to someone with any type of weapon  that hasnt tryed to kill me, not one! ive not been picking up guns or any loot so there is no reason to kill me but still these guys always kill, and the amount of players ive come across that dont have a weapon who run and log out is crazy, and its crazy how much fun ive been having running to my death every 5 to 10 min,  i could at any time run up an get kitted out and take all these guys out but that will kill the game, if you read this at the very least please dont kill people that dont have a weapons it will make the game much better for everyone.

rant over i must get back to being killed on sight:)

All the Heros chipped in to buy a sail boat and some bottles of wine when they realized how many items they needed ingame to blood bag another player.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 9

its alot more fun playing as a hero than a bandit, i also just then got killed by what sounded like a 10 year old little girl, for reals!

• Like 3

It is actually harder to be a hero so for that reason alone i don't think many are about atm.

But there is only room for one hero in the apocalypse (Mad Max) everyone else is just pretending.

• Like 1

It is actually harder to be a hero so for that reason alone i don't think many are about atm.

But there is only room for one hero in the apocalypse (Mad Max) everyone else is just pretending.

ye but this game is so much more than team deathmatch an to many bandits will kill it so we need more heros

Well a couple of times some players have tried to box me to death but I ended up killing them because they wouldn't leave me alone. Them I got infected and died.

So this is my 4th go. I spawned in Elektro, made my way West to Cherno then balota, kamenka. Then north to the military base got fully equipped, M4 stanag, pistol and ammo, food camo gear. I then made my way North to Zelenogorsk and other barracks, then North again to the airfield and I am now making my way East  through Stay Sobor and Novy Sobor, making my way back to Cherno.

and not met one human player, is everybody staying around Cherno and Elektro?

If you see me I'm not a bandit, I will help anyone.

Simon

Edited by KnightTemplar

ther will be a lot more heroes in the next update (if they fix so you get blood from blood bag). and becuse balota is so (often) easly looted so some player get a gun easy and ammo easy too but if they maybe removed some of the military loot it will for sure be a bit more heroes.

ther will be a lot more heroes in the next update (if they fix so you get blood from blood bag). and becuse balota is so (often) easly looted so some player get a gun easy and ammo easy too but if they maybe removed some of the military loot it will for sure be a bit more heroes.

yep good guns have no place on the coast it messes the whole having to go up north thing up

Heroes still do excist don't worry. It's easy restore bloodlevels by eating and drinking enough so I just make bloodbags with my own blood. I also steal blood from bandits before I shoot them. But as in RL there aren't much real hero's who would sacrifice to help out another person. Stay positive grow some skills and consider yourself a hero. Please don't switch to the dark side because of the lack of heroes.

Unfortunately once your full geared there isn't much to do (In this current stage)

Either hunt Players experienced or in experienced

Or help players

All via using the power of a gun and basic communication skills

Many people prefer to Kill as it's a source of entertainment or trolling..

Heroes still do excist don't worry. It's easy restore bloodlevels by eating and drinking enough so I just make bloodbags with my own blood. I also steal blood from bandits before I shoot them. But as in RL there aren't much real hero's who would sacrifice to help out another person. Stay positive grow some skills and consider yourself a hero. Please don't switch to the dark side because of the lack of heroes.

no fear there mate im a goodie:)

I feel like balota is just a airfield where the rich chero-russian can fly out of the country,not a badass military camp between to cities, Its not even worth it to hike up to NW airfield just loot Balota

I came across a suprising high number of friendly folks the last 2 days.

One group suprised me at the military facility "the big needle". I was sick and just broke my leg. I was laying under the stairs and the stumbled upon me. They fixed me up nice. Vitamin and water. Made my leg work again. So thankfull :D I gave them the 3 red dot sights in trade for their good deed. We wished each other luck and parted.

I suprised someone at the same spot later when i headed back coastside to pick up a friend. Came up behind him and watched him for a bit than made myself known and he shat his pants. No need to kill that brosef. Traded some things , chatted for a bit than parted again.

I had a full mountain backpack in a hunting backpack for my friend so i legged it. Even a new fireaxe and food along with bandages and other little bits and bites. Felt really good to save his ass...he.

I made it a rule to first get in healthy state before i head anywhere inland too far. Works fine so far. I try to avoid looking too "badass". Like the helmets and gasmasks...A tac vest whould be nice but other than that iam fine.

And yes after a certain point there isnt much to do. No deer to hunt. No fireplaces to make ect.i Whould stack up some wood cabin for later use but just cant part from my precious...( dont get too attached...dont get too attached )

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

Unfortunately once your full geared there isn't much to do (In this current stage)

Either hunt Players experienced or in experienced

Or help players

All via using the power of a gun and basic communication skills

Many people prefer to Kill as it's a source of entertainment or trolling..

ye i think tents will make a difference

Me and my friends have started a hero group. We help people when we can. It's the 81st rangers. If you are interested in joining, add [81st] Delaen on steam, and tell him Abii sent you :)

• Like 2

no fear there mate im a goodie:)

Good to know mate ;)

Because i'm a baddy :D

I am  hero or try to be but evry time i try to help people i get shot in the face

as a result i have started to kos

you wont get more heros untill there are more zombie and therefore heros are NEEDED

Edited by King Tubbs

I am  hero or try to be but evry time i try to help people i get shot in the face

as a result i have started to kos

you wont get more heros untill there are more zombie and therefore heros are NEEDED

i refuze to kos even if it means i die alot

I had a full mountain backpack in a hunting backpack for my friend so i legged it. Even a new fireaxe and food along with bandages and other little bits and bites. Felt really good to save his ass...he.

Sorry for the little OT. Isn't the hunting backpack smaller than the mountain one?

We are out there.. I don't think you'll find many heros along the coast.

We are inland.. I tend to stay more to the east side of the map away from the military (bandit/pvp) areas to the west.

Hitting the untouched inland town loot and exploring the map moving very cautiously to avoid other players.

Add me to steam (razertx) if you need help, I'm fully medical geared and an EMT/FF in real life.

I saved a few people. On my current character I cant find a clip for the m4 to save my life so I been moving extremely slowly out of fear of being kOs for having a gun on my back.

Our group the [MISFITS] are an odd bunch. There's about 8 of us scattered about and have very different styles of play. Some of us help others, some ignore and stick to being bear grylls and some kill on sight for the sheer sake of it. When we are together, there is an interesting dynamic that helps keep us alive. The heroes of the group stick together and pool resources, helping those that need it and making sure the entire group is well stocked on food, water and meds. The survivalists (myself included) scout out towns and villages, keep tabs on the entire area as a scouting party. We keep in communication with each other at all times and establish meeting points (example: Church in 5mins), but the kill on sight dudes? Well, they have their place in our group. They protect the medics. They have seriously itchy trigger fingers, so if anyone gets past us scouts with the intention of not being friendly they slip their leash and pump the guy full of lead. 

We've lost one player in 8 days playing like this, just one and that was a scout, who we expect to be the ones to die first. We've helped about 10 new players find their feet. 

Us heroes are about, don't lose faith. If you can't find a hero, be one. 

Edited by Mr Fantastic

My friends and I run a hero trio, sadly we are currently forced to 'neck it out in the boonies up north,

because every single person we came across has tried to shoot us on sight without any reason.

Wed gladly offer some food and water to anyone kind enough to approach us with the wave of a hand,

but people playing DayZ SA seem to be complete savages about 95% of the time, especially once they have a gun.

We are this close to just becoming another raider party who shoots on sight,

because frankly our efforts to aid others are being met with bullets way too often to bother.

I think many new players enter the game with the hero mentality,

but become bitter after they get killed without reason too many times.

Its a vicious cycle..

Edited by Sokonomi

All the Heros chipped in to buy a sail boat and some bottles of wine when they realized how many items they needed ingame to blood bag another player.

Don't forget the morphine. We all now use our morphine for other "purposes". 

Zzzzzz.... what. Hold on what was I saying? Where am I?

Hi everyone, new guy here. 

Started playing 2 days ago, died twice. First from hunger, (had a ton of canned food and nothing to open it with, oh the irony) second I wanted to see what's beyond the border (apparently nothing, just endless desert) ran out of water. Now on my third attempt. I've been running around the whole map, discovering new things, appreciating the beautiful graphics, rivers and valleys. That's what I found draws me to this game. I'm pretty well stocked now with food and water so i can keep exploring. 

Most of you here are hardcore players, You've found all the best weapons, all the best clothing, scopes, tripods, double mags and a kitchen sink. So at this point there is nothing left for you to do but kill others for fun. And if you get killed, no biggie, you'll re-spawn, run back to Balota, Military base or whatever. You'll gear up again only to go do more killing and repeat the cycle if you get killed. Doesn't that get boring for you? 

This game is going to die a painful death if all you hardcore players/killers get tired of doing the same thing over and over again. It will also die because newcomers and casual players like myself will simply quit playing if you guys just shoot on sight when all we're doing out there is exploring with the intent of leaving other players alone. I only get to play it maybe 1-2 hours a day, 3 times a week. If I got killed now, I don't think I'd bring myself to start again. Granted Bohemia already got my money but still. If you guys are here hunting for other players why not play a thousand other games that are out there created ESPECIALLY for killing other players with deathmatches and such. I thought this was more of a survivor game, not Counterstrike/UT/Quake/HL2/COD/MW/BF/TF