Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyGat (DayZ)

Suggestion: Consume ENTIRE item

Yeah. Especially when, most of the times, you actually need to eat the whole thing, and not just a quarter of it...

Who even eats just when they get the "I feel hungry" message?

I actually like it how it is. It should take time to sit down and eat. Not just right click, eat an entire can in 3 seconds and be on your way.

So the next solution would be "well, it can take the same amount of time, just require one click".. I still prefer the  former method because if you hear someone or something coming around the corner, you can ready yourself rather quickly whereas with the latter, you'd have to wait out the ~30 seconds. Unless they implement some sort of "cancel action" button but I think that would cause some issues as it might be difficult for the game/server to recognize when you stopped eating and how much food is left in the container. 

Just stick with what we have. It's fine. The only issue I have with it is that it takes a few seconds too long from the time you stop eating to when you can put the can back in your hands. It's a little irritating.

• Like 3

I actually like it how it is. It should take time to sit down and eat. Not just right click, eat an entire can in 3 seconds and be on your way.

So the next solution would be "well, it can take the same amount of time, just require one click".. I still prefer the  former method because if you hear someone or something coming around the corner, you can ready yourself rather quickly whereas with the latter, you'd have to wait out the ~30 seconds. Unless they implement some sort of "cancel action" button but I think that would cause some issues as it might be difficult for the game/server to recognize when you stopped eating and how much food is left in the container. 

Just stick with what we have. It's fine. The only issue I have with it is that it takes a few seconds too long from the time you stop eating to when you can put the can back in your hands. It's a little irritating.

This

So the next solution would be "well, it can take the same amount of time, just require one click".. I still prefer the former method because if you hear someone or something coming around the corner, you can ready yourself rather quickly whereas with the latter, you'd have to wait out the ~30 seconds. Unless they implement some sort of "cancel action" button but I think that would cause some issues as it might be difficult for the game/server to recognize when you stopped eating and how much food is left in the container.

that's a fair compromise, as long as the time between feedings is greatly reduced. Edited by GrumpyGat

Yeah, pretty much this. I think the delay between 'meals' is probably down to clunky placeholder animations as much as anything though - hopefully that'll get sorted sooner rather than later. :)