Sign in to follow this  
jessi

Add Statistics

Hi guys, i read this forums a lot, but i never saw something about plans or ideas for adding some statistics.

What i mean, in the mod there was the debug window showing some stuff, like killed zombies, killed players or survived days.

This was all very uninteresting to be honest, what i would like to see is some kind of endscreen.

Basically when you die, the chernarus map shows up displaying the way you traveled along the map during your just lost life + some stats like survived days, killed Zombies etc.

Since i'm still in my second life in SA and have traveled almost the whole map, survived an infection an axe attack and people shootig at me. I have really bonded with my character.

Would be nice to especially see the road i traveled when i die.

The current You are dead screen is not very motivating too start a new life.

What do you think ? 

• Like 2

the mod game that is on DayZ SA ALPHA is the veteran mod, so this mod has no statistics or stuff like that.

Yes please. Should of made a poll. I think statistics would add so much to the game without ruining the anti game direction Rocket is going for. Hell when he first made the mod and website it had a leader board and stats but it never worked for the entirety of the mods life as far as I know. So Stats are kind of true to the DayZ experience. 

Hell I'll be happy with 2 stats. Longest Time Survived and Current Time Survived (With current character) That way people can always have something they are striving for. To break their best survival time. It adds something to the value of your life other than your gear. You are 10 minutes from breaking your last goal and all of sudden someone kills you. You are going to be pissed! Which adds to how this game simulates the fear of death. Lost gear and lost leader board position. 

I just wish we had heard something from Rocket on the matter of stats and what he thinks about them. I don't recall ever hearing him mention it for the SA.

Only thing that I am interested is tracking hours/days played on a toon so I can log my survival time.

I think statistics would be fine (even for those worried about immersion, consider a journal feature... ) 

I don't have to have it now, but eventually some for of stat tracking would be great.

The obvious stuff, kills/deaths, death by weapon, kills by weapon, longest time survived, cans of beans eaten...etc.

I want them to focus on fixing and improving the game first, don't get me wrong.  But eventually stat tracking would be nice :)  Not in game, but on an external website absolutely.

There's pens and paper in game, start a journal. 

The death screen should just fade to black in my opinion.

Edited by Shaun of the Dead