DayzForumer

How will flying work? Simulator or Arcade?

I'm with SalamanderAnder on having helis, should they be in the game, something you have to sit down and learn. Plus it means I can practice my DayZ skills in ToH. :D

But really I want it because a pilot should be valuable. It shouldn't be whoever hops in first gets to pilot, it should be whoever knows how to start it, get it off the ground, and power it down. Someone who knows what to look for among all those gauges to make sure it's all going well.

Flying shouldn't be the only skill you can learn for DayZ, but this is about flying so it's all I'll bother brainstorming and agreeing with.

Many games go about having different classes to feign specialty. In real life certain people are better at things than others due to what they know and have practiced. This forces us to cooperate on some level. Might be the same would happen here? I can hope.

If they have books ingame for things, should they be more complex, I'd love that. Doubt many would sit down ingame and read the books, but for those who do it would be a treat.

Either way everyone who wants to do it right would have to take the time to learn it, and many people don't even take the 10 seconds to learn how a PSO scope works so I don't expect most players to read a guide and practice it for DayZ just to fly a rare piece of machinery that's a pain in the ass to fix and hide.

Edited by Diggydug
  • Like 1

ah so you were a gun instructors? really i am a former US army want more of my credentials?  you taught kids to shoot targets at short range, fine but dont compare kids where grew up in war regions having as second nature how to freaking range find targets and say any kid can do that.

Any kid can do that.

Honestly I don't give a fuck about your "credentials" because more and more it sounds like you are just talking out your ass to increase your epeen. As I said, A.C.E sniping is also on my wishlist as sniping from extremely long distances does require skill. However, anyone can learn to shoot a gun. Sniping is just about practice, and learning windage and elevation. Just like flying a helicopter is about practice at the stick, combined with the basic technical knowledge to start it.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

Any kid can do that.

Honestly I don't give a fuck about your "credentials" because more and more it sounds like you are just talking out your ass to increase your epeen. As I said, A.C.E sniping is also on my wishlist as sniping from extremely long distances does require skill. However, anyone can learn to shoot a gun. Sniping is just about practice, and learning windage and elevation. Just like flying a helicopter is about practice at the stick, combined with the basic technical knowledge to start it.

Dude your the one who headbutt me with your logics about you want and i being realistic, you want something that it will be a pain in the butt game wise.

Also your the one you wanted to dick measure when i said its not as hard to fly one, given you read something about it, but believe what you will im not trying to raise anything. Honestly from another post that commented about being able to block melee in dayz was bogus, my conclusion here who likes to talk his ass off is you. 

Now i am in favor for choppers in the game and posted on the other tread two civi choppers that are logical to have.