autoloon

ITT: I share my secret loot spot

In the east end of the first block of apartments from Balota, there is a barracks with a holding cell that is tucked between the apartments and  largely unknown to the public and will often have closed doors and enough loot for some PvP at Balota. 

You are welcome.

I do have ulterior motives, being that I want to see more PvP in these new apartment complexes. Y'all are scurred. 

sry im here to survive not to PvP

next

• Like 4

I do have ulterior motives, being that I want to see more PvP in these new apartment complexes. Y'all are scurred. 

I would like to see more friendship and rainbows at these apartment complexes, not another team death match...

• Like 3

next

You will never survive by purley hiding in the shadows, eventually you have to face your fears. 

In the east end of the first block of apartments from Balota, there is a barracks with a holding cell that is tucked between the apartments and  largely unknown to the public and will often have closed doors and enough loot for some PvP at Balota. 

You are welcome.

There are also 3 rows of storage sheds, a school, and a hospital. I find them very rarely looted.

• Like 2

next

sry but you won't be doing much surviving with that attitude towards PvP. You can turn your nose up and say 'next' like a smug loser but I'll bet your rifle will be as useless as your can opener when someone decides to take both from you. 

Edited by Doctor Zed
  • Like 1

sry but you won't be doing much surviving with that attitude towards PvP. You can turn your nose up and say 'next' like a smug loser but I'll bet your rifle will be as useless as your can opener when someone decides to take both from you. 

I was wondering how long it would be before the OP tossed down the "U SUK" card.

Listen...frankenface, PVP is all well and good but DayZ wasn't designed to be played YOUR WAY AND ONLY YOUR WAY. So if a guy wants to go around your secret loot spot that you're more than likely server hopping from server to server at to gear out...then fine, thats cool.

If you want some PVP how about you stop server hopping and start looking for people. Sounds to me like you just want noobs delivered to your gun barrel.

Lazy much?

• Like 4

This topic was meant to dispel the myth that the apartment complexes aren't worth visiting just because loot does not spawn in the actual apartments yet, and not to start a debate about PvP. 

My location <<<< is the name of this city if anyone wants to find it on the map. 

I agree. I never find it looted and have never seen anyone there. In this city you can find many mosin (wow such power), handguns, and importantly (lol) pristine clothes + food. 

But be careful. I am always in this town. :) 

You will never survive by purley hiding in the shadows, eventually you have to face your fears. 

Not true. I've been surviving for days now. When I get bored I go down to Balota and just watch people murder each other. Today one dude was on a killing spree and had murdered like 4 bambis with an M4. Unfortunately for him he took a breather to have a drink and I popped him with my Mosin. Karma.

• Like 3

I was wondering how long it would be before the OP tossed down the "U SUK" card.

Listen...frankenface, PVP is all well and good but DayZ wasn't designed to be played YOUR WAY AND ONLY YOUR WAY. So if a guy wants to go around your secret loot spot that you're more than likely server hopping from server to server at to gear out...then fine, thats cool.

If you want some PVP how about you stop server hopping and start looking for people. Sounds to me like you just want noobs delivered to your gun barrel.

Lazy much?

I created this topic as a helpful tip. It is hostile and accusatory responses from people such as yourself that generated an argument about PvP, and now, server hopping. 

I have been playing games for almost 25 years. If gamers these days want to rob themselves of the entire experience of playing a game, then that is their choice to make and I can only firmly disagree with it. I play this game for the immersion, and for the journey, and for the unique interactions that happen. Your response to my simply helpful topic is atrocious and poisonous. There is really nothing more to say. 

Edited by Doctor Zed
  • Like 1

I created this topic as a helpful tip. It is hostile and accusatory responses from people such as yourself that generated an argument about PvP, and now, server hopping. 

I have been playing games for almost 25 years. If gamers these days want to rob themselves of the entire experience of playing a game, then that is their choice to make and I can only firmly disagree with it. I play this game for the immersion, and for the journey, and for the unique interactions that happen. Your response to my simply helpful topic is atrocious and poisonous. There is really nothing more to say. 

It is a very helpful tip. Do not listen to them. I never find people here. You are helping out a bunch of noobs who are getting killed at Balota. They can supply here and have a fighting chance at Balota if they wish to go there. 

LOL. A hostile player talking about hostile responses to him. Precious.

I'm sorry but your arguments about enjoying the experience  and immersion completely pale in the blatant usage of dick measuring veribiage here when someone simply said they're here to survive, not to PVP....which, news flash, surviving is part of the journey and the immersion.

Sitting around in a military spawn waiting for people to show up....I guess thats part of the journey too though the most difficult part of it is probably hitting the log out button and choosing a new server to check for loot spawns.

Also its not as if anyone that knows Chernarus like the back of their hand which almost every long term Arma 2/DayZ player does hasn't noticed theres a few new things out there. It a little hard to miss that residential center you're haunting if you happen to have spawned at either Balota or Chernogorosk at least once.

I've been on a journey since the last hive wipe and I have yet to die, probably because I actually am on a journey...and not just sitting around waiting for a bullet with my name on it to show up.

Edited by semipr0
  • Like 1

LOL. A hostile player talking about hostile responses to him. Precious.

People assume so much about me! Is it not a shame that a huge piece of development went into creating these new areas, and they are largely ignored by the community? 

I am sick of having to go to boring Balota to even find ANYONE. I figured telling people about a very nearby military loot source might generate some traffic in these new arenas. 

But all I get for sharing a tip for noobs basically is to be called names, told I am hostile and accused of being a server hopper. ALL FOR SHARING THERE IS A LOOT SPOT <1000M FROM BALOTA THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT.  

Just from that utterance, you truly hostile players have extracted a variety off 'facts' about me which are totally assumed, and make you appear ignorant to call anyone hostile. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry but your arguments about enjoying the experience  and immersion completely pale in the blatant usage of dick measuring veribiage here when someone simply said they're here to survive, not to PVP....which, news flash, surviving is part of the journey and the immersion.

Sitting around in a military spawn waiting for people to show up....I guess thats part of the journey too though the most difficult part of it is probably hitting the log out button and choosing a new server to check for loot spawns.

Also its not as if anyone that knows Chernarus like the back of their hand which almost every long term Arma 2/DayZ player does hasn't noticed theres a few new things out there. It a little hard to miss that residential center you're haunting if you happen to have spawned at either Balota or Chernogorosk at least once.

I've been on a journey since the last hive wipe and I have yet to die, probably because I actually am on a journey...and not just sitting around waiting for a bullet with my name on it to show up.

Again, your argument hinges on your assumption that I am just sitting there waiting for people to come by. You have no basis to assume that about me and it invalidates your entire argument to reveal such general ignorance. 

• Like 1

Can you use this photo to highlight the area? I can't do it from memory. 

v61b9i.jpg

Lazy much?

Wow... Really all that about server jumping from a tip about loot spots.

This topic was meant to dispel the myth that the apartment complexes aren't worth visiting just because loot does not spawn in the actual apartments yet, and not to start a debate about PvP. 

I can nothing else but agree that the town in question is a pure death trap. Been there once or twice and it allways gives me the heebes. Toooo many place to get ambushed. But awesome loot though. And i can agree. Would love for some pvp action in that area. Its made for epic fights

You can turn your nose up and say 'next' like a smug loser but I'll bet your rifle will be as useless as your can opener when someone decides to take both from you. 

You have no basis to assume that about me and it invalidates your entire argument to reveal such general ignorance. 

His points about you server hopping were invalid but his argument against you as "Sitting around in a military spawn waiting for people to show up" would be correct based on the OP statement.

Edited by Beck

Again, your argument hinges on your assumption that I am just sitting there waiting for people to come by. You have no basis to assume that about me and it invalidates your entire argument to reveal such general ignorance. 

At this point you're just arguing to try to be right but the simple facts are someone told you they weren't interested and you gave them a general "U PROBLY SUK" response with a few more syllables.

Keep trying to twist away from that and I'll keep rubbing your nose back in it Sparky. I don't give a damn what you think I'm assuming or what you think invalidates my opinion. You invalidated anything you said after answering Ryzoh.

My argument hinges on nothing, it makes a fairly common assumption that you're a lazy bottom feeder that doesn't want to have to walk more than a klick to pop off your little toy gun and feel like a badass. Don't like that opinion? I don't much give a damn, the assumptions in this thread started with your completely internet atypical response to Ryzoh.

Protip: Open mouth after using brain first. Works better.

• Like 1

There are also 3 rows of storage sheds, a school, and a hospital. I find them very rarely looted.

The closet on the top floor of the school ALWAYS has a weapon. Best places to loot by far.

At this point you're just arguing to try to be right but the simple facts are someone told you they weren't interested and you gave them a general "U PROBLY SUK" response with a few more syllables.

Keep trying to twist away from that and I'll keep rubbing your nose back in it Sparky. I don't give a damn what you think I'm assuming or what you think invalidates my opinion. You invalidated anything you said after answering Ryzoh.

My argument hinges on nothing, it makes a fairly common assumption that you're a lazy bottom feeder that doesn't want to have to walk more than a klick to pop off your little toy gun and feel like a badass. Don't like that opinion? I don't much give a damn, the assumptions in this thread started with your completely internet atypical response to Ryzoh.

Protip: Open mouth after using brain first. Works better.

I don't care who Ryzoh is or if you are friends with him or whatever. His opinion is not the opinion of all, and his dismissive response was rude and I was not out of line in my response to his rudeness. If you do not care for my topic for some personal reason and wish to assume ill about me then you can do so quietly. This topic was made to help people who might benefit from it. I don't care about any of this hostility or DayZ hipster rhetoric. 

Thanks for sharing.  I must have missed these buildings. 

I went through about 4 apartment complexes and after only finding a single bottle of disinfectant, I decided to never venture near them again.