danielstuart14

Translate Dayz SA to portuguese

Hi, my name is Daniel Stuart.

I belong to Brazilian Dayz Community,

We're trying to translate Dayz SA to portuguese (Our main language), but we are having many problems.
We can edit the stringtable.csv in the language.pbo and languagecore.pbo archives, but, when we start the game, we receive a error. The game alert that is corrupted.

I guess that the problem is the keys. When we edit the pbo, it lost the signature.

I and my team are having a hard work, to solve this and bring a portuguese game to our community.

Please, help us.

• Like 1

Translations will be community-made/supported once modding is enabled.

I guess translation of the game into different languages will have to be OK'ed by the Dev Team, and the appropriate changes made to the code to accomodate said change. 

I would love to see community translations of the game into lots of languages to make it broadly accessible. 

I volunteer for translation into Greek.

Edit: Oh well darn I'd been looking forward to doing it Applejaxc... I don't like the idea of modding on the whole, in DayZ.

It would be awesome if they released the language files only, so that translations can be an ongoing process, OK'ed by the Devs, as alpha progresses. 

Edited by Zarniwoop

I'll see if I can find out if there is a process implemented for this yet.

honestly right now language is the last thing on the list, maybe 6 months from now once most of the stuff is in and polished. This is my opinion as a linguistic (english/portuguese and jap) translation takes some time 

hmm,
maybe, if the devs accept, we could only take the .csv, add our language and send to they.
So, they only would need add a bikey.

Edited by daniel.stuart14

hmm,

maybe, if the devs accept, we could only take the .csv, add our language and send to they.

So, only would need that they add a bikey.

well good luck, the translation would have to be flawless since it s product of its own

well good luck, the translation would have to be flawless since it s product of its own

Yep, i know.
Therefore, should start it now, and the devs release the translations in beta stage of the game, after several revisions.

Yep, i know.
Therefore, should start it now, and the devs release the translations in beta stage of the game, after several revisions.

Do you think dayz has so much things to translate that will take so much time? I don't. Only a few status mensages and items descriptions. And congratulations for your iniciative, i really apreciate what you are trying to do, it's hard to see it in Brazillians  :D

Do you think dayz has so much things to translate that will take so much time? I don't. Only a few status mensages and items descriptions. And congratulations for your iniciative, i really apreciate what you are trying to do, it's hard to see it in Brazillians  :D

A poor translation it's easy, a good translation it's very hard, bro.

That seems like a xenophobia...

• Like 1

No problem, just not the first name that comes to mind when I think of Portuguese names. Its very, Anglo Saxon. lol

A poor translation it's easy, a good translation it's very hard, bro.

That seems like a xenophobia...

I don't think so. I'm Brazillian, translate is too damn difficult when you translate a video or a game that has a complex plot, but when you only have a few sentences, it's easy to transalate and don't take so much time to do a good work, when you have a team of course. And nowadays we have a lot of good dictionaries that explain words easily to portguese speakers understand.

And i don't fucking know y i'm talking in english to you '-'

Edited by MFratane

No problem, just not the first name that comes to mind when I think of Portuguese names. Its very, Anglo Saxon. lol

LOL, you really made me laugh

I don't think so. I'm Brazillian, translate is too damn difficult when you translate a video or a game that has a complex plot, but when you only have a few sentences, it's easy to transalate and don't take so much time to do a good work, when you have a team of course. And nowadays we have a lot of good dictionaries that explain words easily to portguese speakers understand.

And i don't fucking know y i'm talking in english to you '-'

hmm, yeh, but the game still don't working with the edited archives... We need support from devs.

É noix! HUEBR

• Like 1

Hi!

I'm part of the Brasilian DayZ Community too, we want to do the translation into Portuguese,

but our suggestion is that groups of every nationality that does not have a translation of the game, can also

adapt to their local language, to make the game become more fun and practical!

The idea is to make a quality translation, so when ready, send developers to be analyzed and see if it is

good enough to be an option as the Beta, or just the opportunity to put in the game and not give an error

(in the case being a 'mod' added to the game). So, the communities would their translations, have you,

and the best would be approved ... I would very much support from developers and all of the forum so

that we can accomplish this feat, and we can improve this incredible game.

Edited by Virtual_Planet

well if you have a good translater all you need to is send emails to them lol and they will add the translated part into the files. you dont really to add into the game yourself. 

Mas boa sorte, como disse na lista dos Devs tem outras coisas na frente como cuidar dos hackers e do combat loggers. peace out 

well if you have a good translater all you need to is send emails to them lol and they will add the translated part into the files. you dont really to add into the game yourself. 

Mas boa sorte, como disse na lista dos Devs tem outras coisas na frente como cuidar dos hackers e do combat loggers. peace out 

Hi again,

But what is the email that we send you advise for translations?

Are you some info?

(Oi novamente,

Mas qual seria o e-mail que você aconselharia para nós enviarmos as traduções?

Tens a Informação de algum?)

Hi again,

But what is the email that we send you advise for translations?

Are you some info?

(Oi novamente,

Mas qual seria o e-mail que você aconselharia para nós enviarmos as traduções?

Tens a Informação de algum?)

well that you would have to talk first a forum moderator, looks one already posted in here. Send them a PM or something also im not saying this is the way is possible that they will send you a pm when they have something i am just giving my opinion dont wanna speak for them lol or overstep things.

entao eu acho que vc teria que entrar em contato primeiro com um moderador mas parece que que ja comentou aqui agora o negocio e esperar. talves ate ele entre em contato com os interessados por PM. 

Edited by reapers239

well that you would have to talk first a forum moderator, looks one already posted in here. Send them a PM or something also im not saying this is the way is possible that they will send you a pm when they have something i am just giving my opinion dont wanna speak for them lol or overstep things.

entao eu acho que vc teria que entrar em contato primeiro com um moderador mas parece que que ja comentou aqui agora o negocio e esperar. talves ate ele entre em contato com os interessados por PM. 

Ok, we will try this, thank you for your cooperation!

(Ok, nós iremos tentar fazer isto, obrigado pela colaboração!)

So i think it's a really important for my community, so we have a lot of people playing dayz and would like to have the oportunity to play the game in portuguese language.

If devs igree, i can help Daniel to translate and make the game better, i know if we doing it, maybe many more people from Brazil, Portugal, and another places speak portuguese can buy the game.

So i tried to translate too, but i had the same problem.

Should Devs give us the opportunity to try help the game, we don't want make some mod or something wrong, just help the game for we play in our mother language.

I hope devs understand and allow us.

Edited by varella