Sign in to follow this  
TracksuitHitman (DayZ)

Optimization in cities

Hey everyone. This isn't a complaint thread, so if you came here to yell "alpha" at me, you better turn back around.

I am wondering when/if the frame problem in the cities is going to clear up. I'd love to hang around in the cities north of Chernogorsk., or even Chernogorsk itself. I just recently passed through Polana at 20 frames, but 50-60 everywhere else. Is this something that's going to be fixed in the long run?

The issue is the Arma engine. It is funny, a while back Rocket had said something along the lines as "So and so engine isn't good with having lots of things going on at once on opposite ends of the map". He was talking about the Arma engine. Very strange to use an engine that is bad at what DayZ inherently needs to run well.

The issue is the Arma engine. It is funny, a while back Rocket had said something along the lines as "So and so engine isn't good with having lots of things going on at once on opposite ends of the map". He was talking about the Arma engine. Very strange to use an engine that is bad at what DayZ inherently needs to run well.

Cities/larger towns are my only problem at the moment. One step in Novoselky or Dubky and my screen is chopping like Vince Offer using the Slap Chop.

This has happened from ARMA 2 as well. I know Rocket has noted something about it on Reddit but I'm not too sure.

I am sure there are more optimisations on the way but from my perspective the new Cherno with all the spawned objects runs a lot smoother than the mod (and that doesn't even half half the objects in it)

• Like 1

I am sure there are more optimisations on the way but from my perspective the new Cherno with all the spawned objects runs a lot smoother than the mod (and that doesn't even half half the objects in it)

Definitely. I noticed a major difference. I avoided towns in the mod because of how big of an issue it was before.

The mod was worse you guys say? I'm not so sure about that.. 

I never really dipped below 30 - 25 fps in cherno in the mod (mainly Epoch and Overwatch), but in standalone sub 25 fps in the same area seems to be the norm for me. It almost feels like back when I was playing DayZ mod on my 'old' gaming laptop instead of my new desktop, while it's actually me playing the standalone vs the mod on the same system.. thats how much of a difference it makes to me. So for me it definitely runs worse, and the same goes for my friends who play standalone.

None of us had any problems playing DayZ mod, after we got new systems. Yeah, you have your desync and framedrops every now and then, but overall the mod runs almost flawless on any decent gaming system (save for immense framedrops when one person spawns 15 zombies in a town when driving through it with a vehicle). Can't really say the same for the standalone.. yet, and I doubt it will change anytime soon, but time will tell.

There are no cities north of Chernogorsk.  Well there are in the Standalone, but that has its own forum group, this one is for the mod.

There are no cities north of Chernogorsk.  Well there are in the Standalone, but that has its own forum group, this one is for the mod.

Well, the URL says dayzGAME.com, so I wasn't sure.