Hunt3rForce

Suggestion: Identification

Standalone Suggestion  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see something similar to this within the standalone game?

I love the idea, thought about this myself. The coding to update some of the items already in game is not difficult to implement. Actually adding an armband would be more time intensive then simply allowing a user to change the color off specific items through some variation of the already in place "crafting" system. I.e. broken pens etc as suggested. I think this should be done in some version regardless.

exactly why i love this, it would be quite simple to implement, or so i believe, simply allowing bandannas or as someone suggested rags to be worn upon the arm would allow for more customize-ability and identifiability

I'm interested to see what exactly is planned for the future of this game, i know to expect cars/vehicles as well as a form of base building, but i do not know much in terms of what is coming clothing wise. I hope this is at least considered.

I'd prefer a customizable cape.

Capes are badass.

1681_1.JPG.jpg

This may also spark a nice little game of espionage. Find a clan or group you'd like to infiltrate and possibly assassinate. Copy their design. If they aren't coordinated enough to figure out that you are not one of them before it is too late... well then sucks for them.

Edited by MystoganXIX

I feel this is part of the game, not really knowing. So you gotta communicate with your friends like "Is that you coming up on the right of me?" or "Are you going into the Red Building?" Etc etc.

Communication is key, but the whole not knowing is something I like, means you gotta make sure you work together with the people you play, let them know where you are where you are going etc etc.

Trouble is that then everyone's using TS or mumble to communicate outside of the game (and seemingly silently coordinating themselves to players in the game)...unless they've all found walkie talkies/mobile phones to communicate with.

Rip up a red tshirt you get some red rags, blue for blue...tie the rag round and arm or leg, use that for ID. Make it more immersive not just a magical telepathic communication between survivors.

As it is you could already coordinate your whole team to wear matching hats or backpacks or both...but everyone's more worried about wearing milspec camo right now.

I would like to add also such helmet - helmet of East Germany (also part of Soviet bloc). Maybe Chernarus paramilitary organizations used them.

2s0ckdz.jpg

E: What about armbands etc. as i somewhere wrote, would be good if you can by using knife,  to make many armbands from one piece of clothing.

Edited by gregor

White rags + Spray cans could work incredibly well to this. Spray cans seem to be on the game files and planned for future use. I even suggested them so you should be able to paint your gear with it in order to achieve camo effects, such painting your firefighter axe to green and etc.

You paint the rag to any color you want, then you paint an overlay over the band with a symbol (out of a great variety that should be given to us) then tie it up to any body part or item. Would work incredibly well, would look badass for groups and is completely immersion breaking free.

Spray cans shouldn't be too uncommon to find and they could have several uses before running out.

Edited by LouisK

Sound good, but i think it have to be like louisK said befor me that u need to craft .

White rags + Spray cans could work incredibly well to this. Spray cans seem to be on the game files and planned for future use. I even suggested them so you should be able to paint your gear with it in order to achieve camo effects, such painting your firefighter axe to green and etc.

You paint the rag to any color you want, then you paint an overlay over the band with a symbol (out of a great variety that should be given to us) then tie it up to any body part or item. Would work incredibly well, would look badass for groups and is completely immersion breaking free.

Spray cans shouldn't be too uncommon to find and they could have several uses before running out.

my beens and a yes for this.

Edited by d4mpf3r

Squad.xml logo onto the armband/headband/shirt sleeve would be a good idea.

Great idea. But as they have ripped out the PID stuff from the engine and are using some SteamID/IP setup, it wouldn't surprise me that the squad.xml support has been gutted as well.

Very sad, though, as this is an elegant and simple solution in the other ArmA games.

You should be able to tear a colored shirt to make a set of armband (or skarf!) for your whole team!

It's very lore friendly.

I too give my support for this kind of customization. Its the kind of thing one might do in a zombie survival situation.... :)

I didnt like the idea originally but you pitched it quite well.

Plus I like the idea of "infiltrating their groups" by trying the arm thin, using a disguise and shit.

Would be a cool, well-planned heist to keep a buddy with lots of clothes on him so you can try and match one of the group members  and get close to them.

I too give my support for this kind of customization. Its the kind of thing one might do in a zombie survival situation....  :)

I didnt like the idea originally but you pitched it quite well.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you guys like the idea. The recent updates have brought many changes, many items and much more fun.

If you'd just create a secret handshake it would save you so much worry and heartache. Every time I met a member of my clan we have to wiggle left, wiggle right, point, clap, wiggle left, turn in a counter clockwise circle and then open a can of beans.

PS - I know some of you will try to infiltrate my clan so I randomly added one extra step which you won't know about. Good luck.

Hello,

So I have been playing Dayz standalone since the day it became available to me on steam. I have been having a lot of fun, and spend most of my time playing with friends, and have come across the problem of identification. Sometimes identifying another player, not associated with your group, can be easy. Other times it can be a bit hard, and i find my self extremely paranoid/worried that I have stumbled across another player who may be hostile. Personally I am not in the habit of killing people on sight, rather i prefer to avoid them if possible and simply deter them from advancing towards me with the threat of a shootout. Dayz features the ability to customize your player and more often than not people end up looking relatively the same, wearing an off shade of green camo, a gas mask/biker helmet/military helmet, and a large backpack of varying color. Because of the general preference to not look like a street cone people avoid the orange raincoats, which are the only article of clothing which it is easy identify a player. So this for me sparked the idea i have spent the last few lines leading up to.

IDEA. 

An interesting feature the game could allow for would be the ability to wear identifying arm bands. We have all seen it the resistance wearing the red arm band. However for simplicity's sake i believe this could be done using the already implemented object of the headband. These headbands already come on a variety of appearances and allowing a player to equip them onto their arm would allow for one to identify someone they are teemed up with, a simply glance at the player, are they wearing a yellow/blue/red band or not?. However this does not mean the player is safe, an observant bandit could simply equip a matching arm band and mix himself in with the crowd.

Thank you for reading my suggestion.

Hunt3rForce

Feel free to leave a comment below,      :)

Let me know what you think, I am open to criticism.

(even if its to tell me "great idea" or "that is stupid")

While I respect your opinion, I really feel like any identifying items excluding certain types of clothing (e.g: you and your buddies run around in blue checked shirts and black motorcycle helmets) would detract from the game. That would help you in identifying your group members without adding another layer of silliness to the game. Also, I don't want people to know my intentions on sight, nor do I want to know theirs. That is the most fun part of the game, trying to figure out what my potential assailant's intentions are.

Again, no offense intended, but in my opinion this is a bad (and already suggest innumerable times) idea.

Arm bands would be nice.

Even the fact that someone could stalk your group, kill a member and pretend to be him by taking his gear is an interesting concept.

Unfortunately most groups of people talk using skype.