Sign in to follow this  
Thenhart

Healing doesnt work for me

I'm alive for a couple of days now, and due to some hitsi lost some blood. But there was no information about wounds. 

So i desinfected with alcoholic tincture, changed bandages, ate dozens of beans/fish, fruit, drank water, soda. That did not help.

I turned to "sick" instead of regeneration. 

Then i tried antibiotics, had a rest, drank water, more food. Vitamin Pills.

Nothing. Still colorless screen, looks like im going to die soon. What to do next?

=> No dont wanna hear "drink desinfectant spray" because in my opinion that option is useless. Why would someone drink that stuff?

What type of water did you drink? It could be that that you're suffereing from water poisoning. Another possibility would be that you overstuffed your stomach, that will cause you to get sick in which case you are likely to die now.

Also, I never got the "Healing" status either, I think we (the players) need to get more information to test if it's a bug.

=> No dont wanna hear "drink desinfectant spray" because in my opinion that option is useless. Why would someone drink that stuff?

Yeah, that would kill you for sure.

Edited by ClassifyLP

Sometimes i receive the statement "Im Full" when i ate and drank a lot.

And i often receive the message "my wounds look cleaner"

i changed the  bandages and tried to get rid off this wound with alcohol and all stuff for 2 days now. It wont work!

You need to eat and drink as much as possible, even when it doesnt say you are hungry, keep eating and drinking. Then after a short while you will get 'healing'  and start to regenerate blood.

Sometimes i receive the statement "Im Full" when i ate and drank a lot.

And i often receive the message "my wounds look cleaner"

i changed the  bandages and tried to get rid off this wound with alcohol and all stuff for 2 days now. It wont work!

Well, that might've been to late, you are most likely suffering from an infection. This goes through 6 stages, so you might need to hold out a while longer.

no it doesnt. After a short while after i ate about 10 cans, and drank 10 soda's.

used antibiotics vitamins alcohol before.

desinfected all my clothes.

waited rest 10 minutes in a bush.

continued in eating and drinking. changed bandages.

cleaned the wounds again.

nothing.

it said then i am sick.

i ate more.

finally i ate and drank clean good food until i vomited. Now i come here to the forum to discuss it :) For my charakter the healing does not work!

10 drinks is not enough, what I usually do is drink water at a pump until it says im stuffed. Then play the game for a bit then eat a whole bunch of cans.

I am in stage 4 of infected wound for 2 days now.

but i never were in stage 1, 2 , 3. before

and i never had a wound that was infected. 

[...]

finally i ate and drank clean good food until i vomited. Now i come here to the forum to discuss it :) For my charakter the healing does not work!

If you vomitted, you overstuffed your stomach, that's why you are sick. Do NOT eat/drink too much! If your character says "I feel stuffed." or similar, that means you are getting close to overstuffing. Stop eating and drinking immediately.

You also cannot heal when you overstuffed your stomach and got sick.

Edited by ClassifyLP
  • Like 1

thank you for the replies :) I'm still working on that problem.... resting in a bush near a pond... im far away from running out of vitamins, antibiotics, alcohol (god thank the alcohol!) but yeah! it wont become better :D

thank you for the replies :) I'm still working on that problem.... resting in a bush near a pond... im far away from running out of vitamins, antibiotics, alcohol (god thank the alcohol!) but yeah! it wont become better :D

Did you drink from the pond? You should not do that, as you have a chance to get water poisoning, only drink from wells / soda cans.

how to cure water poisoning? but i dont get status messages about anything at the moment.

He says nothing.

Ok i tried now for 2 hours to get rid of this sickness, it doesnt work.

Maybe it is too complicated, it is a bug, or somewhat else. I used all information that is possible to get out of any guides, and any available item.

You are sick because you throw up, just stop eating for a while and it will disappear. It will say sick at your inventory screen for a long while.
If you are sick of an infection or water-poisoning you have to take the proper treatment, but DON'T over-consume antibiotics and charcoal tablets.

Regarding the healing:

Just drink and eat until it says you are full. Then drink some more, but stop when you recive the next message otherwise you will throw up.

Then eat and drink everything you can find, do not wait for the "I'm thirsty" or "I'm hungry" messages to appear.
After a wile it will say "healing" in the inventory screen, but don't stop eating or drinking, keep eating everything you find. 

Everything you eat and drink will go into your stomach then it gets transferred into your "energy-storage" which you can have a maximum of 20000 of.
Stomach and Water is only 4000.

This is how it should look if you are completely healthy:

dHRPW9r.png

Here is a great guide on how the health/thirst/blood and food system works!

Edited by Wh1spY
  • Like 6

Most probably sick from eating too much, stop eating for a while and let your stomach settle.

Have a stock of food and water in your bag and eat regularly to avoid the "Thirsty" and "Hungry" message so that the healing process starts.

It's very complicated and not very realistic in my opinion, the character eats a lot of food.

In a survival situation you can stay alive a long time (several weeks) without food and simply drinking water.

I know, it's a game, and if it was too realistic we'd probably get bored very quickly.

Just sucks to die from "hunger" after a few hours.

Doesn't make much sens.

he possibly got the sick icon from cleaning wounds from alcohol tincture, you just wait till your character says in green "my wounds are clean now"

On this topic can anyone give me any advice?

I got attacked just after spawning and wrapped the wounds in rags. My character keeps swearing and saying things hurt even though I am not being shown any kind of illness/issue. What do I need to do?

I think that morphine would help, at least it worked for me. Maybe painkillers helps too, also try find real bandages and alcohol to clean ur wounds,

Edited by belphegor_goatzombie

z291213.jpg

The B/W effect can last some time. Mine went on for around 1 day until it got better, slowly. I stoped having too much water bottels on me. There is no need since i allways stuff up on wells.

Never had to clean a wound since i tend to be carefull and only approch zombies if i have the fireaxe.

I think that morphine would help, at least it worked for me. Maybe painkillers helps too, also try find real bandages and alcohol to clean ur wounds,

Thank you, I'll try to find some!

The way I cured my "SICK" hud pop-up, took anti-biotics, changed my bandages to fresh ones, but the main thing you have to remember when sick, as with real life, PLENTY OF WATER. I did not eat for the duration of the sickness as I don't know anyone in real life who can stomach a full meal when really sick. Either way, the sickness dissapeared quite rapidly, so all I can suggest for next time, do not eat food, let your stomach empty itself of all filth, as Bear Grylls says, You can survive for a long long while without food, but WATER is what you need to survive.

***edit : This is not a cure for your blood loss, only sickness and what I have experienced myself in-game.

Edited by AJ4211