Sign in to follow this  
zhrike

Chernarus+ easter egg: Cerne Abbas Giant

... though not quite as anatomically correct as the real one. (from DayzDB)

This can be found NNE of Northeast Airfield. I've rotated it 180 degrees.

R0ouLTN.png

Here is my character prone around the neck area; changed the field of view to get as much as possible, but from the ground you'd never be able to tell.

i6QXBZA.png

• Like 2

Hello there

This has been posted several times, I too always wondered how folk get the aerial view.

Not scripts I hope...

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

This has been posted several times, I too always wondered how folk get the aerial view.

Not scripts I hope...

Rgds

LoK

he said its from dayzdb    they have the full satalite img of the map

• Like 2

he said its from dayzdb    they have the full satalite img of the map

This. I was using the dayDB map to navigate as I went across from west to east - this was before I got the eastern Chernarus map. I had the NW map, but I was off of it at this point (obviously). I know the landscape pretty well, but to find specific new buildings I was checking my progress here and there, and noticed the giant after leaving the airfield making my way to Guba, which is pretty damn lootable now.

Orlok: I looked for "Cernes Abbas" and found only my mention of it yesterday. Not surprised it has been posted before, though.

Edited by Fukkit

Hello there,

Its a really interesting addition to the map regardless. I wasnt pooh pooh-ing your post:)

The previous posts on it have probably sunk into the depths as we've been so busy. Shame they edited it :)

Rgds

LoK

"The pooh-poohing alone is a court martial offense!" Lok! Don't make the mistake of ignoring a pooh pooh OP! But most of all don't pooh pooh the pooh pooh!

Anyway enough sillyness for now. 

Would be cewl if you could see it from an oposite hill, like the prancing horse on some hill in England. Don't know what its called though.

Hello there,

Its a really interesting addition to the map regardless. I wasnt pooh pooh-ing your post:)

The previous posts on it have probably sunk into the depths as we've been so busy. Shame they edited it :)

Rgds

LoK

Ha.

If they had included the original version ... can you imagine the whining? After the bellyaching going on already regarding the normal and well-advertised alpha-related issues, people would go apoplectic and heads would explode.

Wait. Rocket, maybe you ought to reconsider changing it back to the original.