Sign in to follow this  
Valaden

This one is for disconnecters..

Back on topic...

Today a pal and I shot 1 guy dead in the military tents in Starry. His 3 friends ran up the hill a few minutes later while I attempted to take more of them out (unsuccessfully). My friend and I made our way up north and ended up behind them near the northern deer stand (about 200-300 meters north of Starry just along the tree line). My friend took cover behind a downed tree and proceeded to open fire on all three of them who were oblivious to our presence. My friend got credit for all 3 kills but only 1 body lie dead on the ground when the dust settled. The other 2 disconnected...

I can't wait to play the polished version of this game when they have already concocted and implemented a solution to DC'ers who are too scared to take a death like a man and start over again.

I had two clowns w/ sniper rifles DC on me tonight. I was north of the north apartments in Cherno when two people ran out of town about 20' from me. I has happy to let them live, but the big sniper rifle on one of their backs was too much temptation. I downed the one w/ the rifle and noticed the other was right next to him. Two follow-up shots and it looked like I was about to be +2 murders/bandit kills, but no bodies to be found. >:(

Why was he bandaging if you never shot him?

How did he live if you shot him in the head?

Your story doesn't add up. Don't lie. You sprayed bullets and managed to land a couple by accident.

You don't always kill people with a headshot if you take a long'ish shot. I can't tell you how many times I've hit people with a DMR in the neck/head area, and it doesn't always kill outright. Most of the time it will, just not 100%. Especially if they are out of the effective range. I've hit people at 200m in the head, and they somehow still have time to alt f4. Idk if they died before their buddy could patch them up on the next server they join, but I certainly didn't get a murder on those occasions.

Edited by KField86

Back on topic...

Today a pal and I shot 1 guy dead in the military tents in Starry. His 3 friends ran up the hill a few minutes later while I attempted to take more of them out (unsuccessfully). My friend and I made our way up north and ended up behind them near the northern deer stand (about 200-300 meters north of Starry just along the tree line). My friend took cover behind a downed tree and proceeded to open fire on all three of them who were oblivious to our presence. My friend got credit for all 3 kills but only 1 body lie dead on the ground when the dust settled. The other 2 disconnected...

I can't wait to play the polished version of this game when they have already concocted and implemented a solution to DC'ers who are too scared to take a death like a man and start over again.

What server was this, out of curiosity?

I was skirting the outskirts of Stary alone for several hours today and witnessed 3 firefights, all of which had DCers. Was pretty crazy, makes me consider changing servers, but I suppose there are DCers everywhere.

So here I was, minding my own business on night-time, low population servers, looking for downed helicopters north of Novy/Stary Sobor.

Lo and behold, I see two guys running through a field. Scoping in with my trusty DMR(+NVG), I notice they are both well geared(M14 EP+NVG for one, forgot for the other..).

I decide, eh, a second pair of NVG's never hurt anyone and that M14 would complement my DMR nicely(they share ammo!).

I take aim at one's head, he goes down. Follow up shot on the second ones head, he hits the dirt too. Murder count doesnt go up, what gives?

I check the server population, they both left before dying. I decide to play the disconnection game with them.

I leave, quickly look through the low-pop servers and within 15 seconds, I find the server they are now on. I reconnect, see my little friend out in the field bandaging, pop one in his chest, this time he is down for good. Unfortunately, his buddy never showed up. Elysium members..

Spoils: NVG's, M14 EP, Coyote backpack.

:D

Bravissimo! /beans

I am a senior squad leader at Elysium. If someone under my command disconnects during a firefight to save their sorry ass they will be banned immideately. The OP is making uncomfirmed claims against very senior members of the clan whilst revealing his own unbecoming conduct. Valaden (1) server hopped, (2) made erroneous claims against one of his victims (Todwarter never disconnected) and this leaves me questioning his judgement and the validity of his story all together. I mean, if the second person never went down (was killed), how on earth could You have tracked him down on a different server without knowing his name? And even if there were tags on the server, how in the flying fuck did you manage to find the correct server fast enough before the other guy bandaged himself and left the area for good? Im sorry, but this story is bullshit.

5 people on the server

3 people on the server

You do the math. I have learned to check server population/players like a hawk.

What?

Right now there are 150 servers with 3 people on.

There are 80 servers with 5 people on.

Your story doesn't make any sense. Even if you "check server population like a hawk", you can't know on which of these 150 servers they are.

Edited by Kiro

What?

Your story doesn't make any sense. Even if you "check server population like a hawk", you can't know on which of these 150 servers they are.

It is perfectly plausible. Before I learned that it is possible to check the server name by pressing I, my friend and I was going to play togheter. But he had no idea what server he joined :)

All he knew were that there were 32/40 currently on the server and his ping. I listed all the servers by player count. and clicked them one by one checking the player lists. went throught atleast 10 servers before i found him ;) (only took about 1 minute). and this is with a list of 32 names.... if there only were 5-10 names each server would only take a couple of secounds. 50 servers = 2-3 minutes? and that is all 50 servers... Would probably not be too hard to find it before the dc'er had finished loading :)

What?

Just set your ping limit to about 120 and hope they are living the nearby area using same settings.

This really shows which of the server hoppers are truly idiots and which still have brains.

What?

you can use gametracker and look up people by name.

i'm sure if he checked the player list, saw 5 people, and remembered one of the two peoples' names that disconnected, he could have looked them up and joined their server.

dayz needs to add a mechanic like wow has where your character sits down for 20 seconds before a logout

Edited by Blakorr

Got a ghoster kill today so i was and at the NWAF and i see a guy running across the field with a M4A1 CCO SD so i take out my M24 zero in and take the shot he then hit the dirt and disconnects. So i decide to watch his location for a while well about tens minutes pass and i decide its time to go and as im getting up i here movement to my left so I stay down and pull out my M1911 I then see the guy emerge from the trees to my left so i pop him four to the chest and 1 to the head and he goes down this time for good. so i check his gear and its the same guy M4A1 CCO SD and everything. SSoas the final insult i bury his body (I usually leave the the gear i don't want because i feel bad for the poor saps that i kill).

Disconnecters actually do need a penalty, I mean, this shit has got to stop. It happened to me TWICE yesterday. First time it happened we were on a night raid to cherno and the guy shot at us, so we walked in the direction of his muzzle flash, and he immediately disconnects. We wait right next to where he was, and as soon as he spawns in, we shoot him, where he promptly disconnects again and robs us of loot. The second time was maybe 3 hours later, when it was bright out. Some guy named Mick attacked our camp and I shoot him with a DMR and that fucker disconnects. I mean, seriously, its bad enough to disconnect while being assaulted by someone else, but when YOU start the attack then leave to deny your loot to the player who killed you because YOU fucked up, that's just a bitch move. I think they should make it like World of Warcraft where after you press log off you have to wait 10 seconds and if you are shot at while logging out, the time stops.