Sign in to follow this  
Valaden

This one is for disconnecters..

So here I was, minding my own business on night-time, low population servers, looking for downed helicopters north of Novy/Stary Sobor.

Lo and behold, I see two guys running through a field. Scoping in with my trusty DMR(+NVG), I notice they are both well geared(M14 EP+NVG for one, forgot for the other..).

I decide, eh, a second pair of NVG's never hurt anyone and that M14 would complement my DMR nicely(they share ammo!).

I take aim at one's head, he goes down. Follow up shot on the second ones head, he hits the dirt too. Murder count doesnt go up, what gives?

I check the server population, they both left before dying. I decide to play the disconnection game with them.

I leave, quickly look through the low-pop servers and within 15 seconds, I find the server they are now on. I reconnect, see my little friend out in the field bandaging, pop one in his chest, this time he is down for good. Unfortunately, his buddy never showed up. Elysium members..

Spoils: NVG's, M14 EP, Coyote backpack.

:D

• Like 13

How did you know their names...?

5 people on the server

3 people on the server

You do the math. I have learned to check server population/players like a hawk.

haha thats boss happened to me today i shot a dude but he dcd like right away and i didn't get a kill im sure he bled to death but one can never be sure

Did you get their tags so I can deal with it? I have been consistently bitching at people (you can ask) about disconnecting. Grab me their names and feel free to contact me on steam, i'll hand you some weapons and shit to make up for this because I too am TRULY against disconnections. I ran into a group of people last night on Dallas 41 that not only DC'd, but shut down the server and locked it to get their shit back. I know your pain.

Val,

Im the 2nd guy, you hit me right in the head, and I was dead. I didnt discounted I re spawned at the coast line.

So here I was' date=' minding my own business on night-time, low population servers, looking for downed helicopters north of Novy/Stary Sobor.

Lo and behold, I see two guys running through a field. Scoping in with my trusty DMR(+NVG), I notice they are both well geared(M14 EP+NVG for one, forgot for the other..).

I decide, eh, a second pair of NVG's never hurt anyone and that M14 would complement my DMR nicely(they share ammo!).

I take aim at one's head, he goes down. Follow up shot on the second ones head, he hits the dirt too. Murder count doesnt go up, what gives?

I check the server population, they both left before dying. I decide to play the disconnection game with them.

I leave, quickly look through the low-pop servers and within 15 seconds, I find the server they are now on. I reconnect, see my little friend out in the field bandaging, pop one in his chest, this time he is down for good. Unfortunately, his buddy never showed up. Elysium members..

[/quote']

• Like 1

Val' date='

Im the 2nd guy, you hit me right in the head, and I was dead. I didnt discounted I re spawned at the coast line.

[/quote']

Odd, I never did find your corpse, must have poofed - seems to be an issue with dead player corpse just dissapearing randomly.

Did you get their tags so I can deal with it? I have been consistently bitching at people (you can ask) about disconnecting. Grab me their names and feel free to contact me on steam' date=' i'll hand you some weapons and shit to make up for this because I too am TRULY against disconnections. I ran into a group of people last night on Dallas 41 that not only DC'd, but shut down the server and locked it to get their shit back. I know your pain.

[/quote']

Meh, dont worry about gear, I have more stuff that I could shake a stick at, I feel like a walking pinata.

I miss my gear though, just minding my own, by the deerstand and BOOM, down and zero blood dead.

I miss my gear though' date=' just minding my own, by the deerstand and BOOM, down and zero blood dead.

[/quote']

Eh was nice shots I thought :P

Val' date='

[/quote']

Odd, I never did find your corpse, must have poofed - seems to be an issue with dead player corpse just dissapearing randomly.

Did you get their tags so I can deal with it? I have been consistently bitching at people (you can ask) about disconnecting. Grab me their names and feel free to contact me on steam' date=' i'll hand you some weapons and shit to make up for this because I too am TRULY against disconnections. I ran into a group of people last night on Dallas 41 that not only DC'd, but shut down the server and locked it to get their shit back. I know your pain.

[/quote']

Meh, dont worry about gear, I have more stuff that I could shake a stick at, I feel like a walking pinata.

You sure? Let me know if you ever need it. However, don't be surprised if I come with a grouping of people at the exchange.

I miss my gear though' date=' just minding my own, by the deerstand and BOOM, down and zero blood dead.

[/quote']

Tod... we're bandits. We'll get more gear at these camps.

You sure? Let me know if you ever need it. However' date=' don't be surprised if I come with a grouping of people at the exchange.

[/quote']

The good being in a group did those two! :P

You sure? Let me know if you ever need it. However' date=' don't be surprised if I come with a grouping of people at the exchange.

[/quote']

The good being in a group did those two! :P

To be fair, no group alive can compensate for a bad decision. Running out into a field before checking it.. retarded.

If you want to continue to act like e-badass though, i'll gladly come join a server you're on and hunt you down. Just let me know, as my hospitality towards you only goes so far.

So here I was, minding my own business on night-time, low population servers, looking for downed helicopters north of Novy/Stary Sobor.

Elysium members...?

Don't know what you're bitching about other than getting owned by Elysium. We do not disconnect or hack or do anything of the sort. If we did, we would be removed from the clan and banned from the site, Teamspeak, etc.

Go play Pokemon carebear.

I've never disconnected on purpose to evade a bandit etc. I guess people are doing it so they don't die and lose their gear, I do understand the thinking behind that. Isn't that going against everything the mod stands for though? Survivng on your own or with "friends" using planning and patience is obviously too hard for alot of players and although highly unrealstic, disconnecting is an easy solution. Knowing you have survived for days or weeks without disconnecting or purposely jumping servers for an advantage is extremely gratifying for players like me. I guess I just learn to adapt to what ever is going on around me because I have to. If people are disconnecting or randomly appearing in different places I'll have to integrate that into my game play. While it certainly pisses alot of players of and there is a huge amount of negative feedback on that topic, it just becomes another twist in the game now that I have to plan for to insure survival.

my two cents which noone asked for :)

Haha good job finding them, I often shoot at people and then they just disappear into thin air, I just make sure the first shot is the kill shot :D

Did you get their tags so I can deal with it? I have been consistently bitching at people (you can ask) about disconnecting. Grab me their names and feel free to contact me on steam, i'll hand you some weapons and shit to make up for this because I too am TRULY against disconnections. I ran into a group of people last night on Dallas 41 that not only DC'd, but shut down the server and locked it to get their shit back. I know your pain.

just had a player called Gustav dc on me, worst thing is he started the fight with a lee enfield. all i had was a hatchet, when i closed on him and started getting the better of him he dc'd. god dam coward GUSTAV!!!

Elysium members...?

Don't know what you're bitching about other than getting owned by Elysium. We do not disconnect or hack or do anything of the sort. If we did, we would be removed from the clan and banned from the site, Teamspeak, etc.

Go play Pokemon carebear.

How has he been owned by Elysium in this situation?

• Like 1

I was working the tree line from Mogilevka to Vyshone. I see a guy running right down the road with 2 zeds in tow. I decided to just watch, he looked relatively weak in gear. He suddenly stops and the zeds catch up, sure enough DC'd. I was like cool lets see what happens. Sure enough about a minute later he reappears runs ten feet and stops. Two M14 rounds to the dome and game over for Recrush3. Sad part is I was gonna let him live till I saw the DC.

I'm not sure I get your post. You seem to be mad at people using Alt+F4, but at the same time, say that you were server hopping to farm loot. :huh:

Well anyway. I suppose its good you killed the cheaters.

Why was he bandaging if you never shot him?

How did he live if you shot him in the head?

Your story doesn't add up. Don't lie. You sprayed bullets and managed to land a couple by accident.