cunninglinguist

SUGGESTION: Bigfoot in remote woodlands.

I have an idea which I feel could be implemented into DayZ quite easily, providing a new dynamic to it. What I would like to suggest is the addition of some kind of formidable creature, not necessarily a zombie, that appears in locations such as remote woodlands on rare occasions. This creature could be based off of something like Bigfoot, having a lot of health and being able to deal a lot of damage to players which it comes across. As an incentive, the creature could have meat on its corpse which heals a large amount of blood, such as 6000, and completely satisfies the player's hunger.

If you've ever played Namalsk before, that randomly appearing, sometimes invisible, monster would be what I want you to have in mind. (I believe it's called a 'Bloodsucker'). Here's a picture of it:

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/7505/arma2oa2012121715112154.jpg

I feel that by adding this, there will be an added threat of journeying across Chernarus, adding some more fear factor to the game. As well as this, the meat could be considered a rare and highly sought after item because of its healing benefits, making it a commodity for trading. A further benefit to this would be that it provides players, who are already kitted out, something to do and gives them a little quest to attempt.

Perhaps the encounter could only occur once or twice per server, until it restarts, resetting the number.

I welcome any comments and feedback on the idea.

• Like 3

The idea is good, but I believe that 'hordes' will take this role upon them.

but good thinking!

Still, I think this could easily work & be implemented in the future ^^

I'm not sure the idea really fits all that well with the experience DayZ is looking to create. It certainly isn't something I'd want to come across in-game - this is a survival game set in a country where an unknown infection has turned the population into bloodthirsty maniacs. They're not even 'real' zombies, as they're considered living, so I'm not really sure the inclusion of mythical creatures and magic meat is really going to fit in. :)

• Like 1

would be a neat easter egg

What would be even cooler is infected bears, but the game is so clunky fighting them would be hard

Edited by Frell

I adore when games have sprinkles of easter eggs such as this. I think the addition of a single roaming bigfoot through the wilderness wouldn't harm the realism of the game, as the odds you'll run into it on such a huge map is slim to none. But the hilarity of accidentally running into him would be great.  :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)  

I would like to echo what Jcoulombe311 said:

I adore when games have sprinkles of easter eggs such as this. I think the addition of a single roaming bigfoot through the wilderness wouldn't harm the realism of the game, as the odds you'll run into it on such a huge map is slim to none. But the hilarity of accidentally running into him would be great.  :lol:

• Like 1

What did i just read? I want what you're smoking.

Ps. The weirdo in the screenshot has a weenie, thanks to the lovely crosshair

No.

I'd be happy with wild bears roaming the woods though, and potentially attacking survivors or raiding their tents/stashes if they contained food.

Edited by Etherimp

I would like to see something like this! Traveling through the woods for long periods of time can be pretty boring and i tend to let my guard down. If i knew there was a chance that a creature could sneak up on me at any second i may be a bit more cautious. I have my doubts about this being implemented but if enough people express interest it will definitely have a better chance. I mean hey, look at DayZ  :thumbsup:

Anything like this should be a super rare, possibly activatable.

Seriously those things are about as common as zombies in Namalsk.

They did make it harder to survive though, for the first time I was stuck in a tower unable to get away because I was on low blood and there was 6-7 invisible bloodsuckers on the ground.

Anything like this should be a super rare, possibly activatable.

Seriously those things are about as common as zombies in Namalsk.

They did make it harder to survive though, for the first time I was stuck in a tower unable to get away because I was on low blood and there was 6-7 invisible bloodsuckers on the ground.

those are women son....

No

I don't like this idea in regular dayz standalone game, when modding is out people will make these kind of things everywhere... dayz standalone should stay to the roots and be surviving zombie game not some monster hunter...

I want this too. I enjoyed the bloodsuckers in Namalsk, and I think something similar in DayZ (a rare mutated zombie) would be cool.

Edited by TSAndrey

Dangerous animals are yay, tentacle monster nay. If more monsters were added, next there would be a single crashed ufo with laser guns or maybe a lonely vampire that can turn you into vampire,too or maybe a swamp monster living in a swamp or possibly a witch living in a chicken leg cottage or...a werewolf? You would need silver m4 ammo to take it down.

Zombies are enough.

• Like 1