MusterBuster

Dealing with Zombronies

Hey folks,

What are your top tips for dealing with the Zeds?

A few that I've picked up:

• Zeds use sight and hearing to detect you. Stay out of their line of sight and, when in close proximity, make as little noise as possible.
  • When there are Zeds around, NEVER enter a building with only one entrance/exit.
  • Zombies can now run indoors and are more than happy to climb a ladder. BE AFRAID. 
  • One or two zombies can be handled via the medium of an Axe, but you're better off running from a group.
  • Zombies will lose track of you if you run around 100M away from them
  • Zombies sometimes struggle going up and down hills. If you're getting chased, elevate!
  • Ignore the crosshair for melee weapons and look at where the weapon actually swings in order to line up your melee attack. 
  • Zeds can occasionally walk through walls, in particular supermarket walls. Be on your guard when looting and remember, your life comes before those beans on the ground!
  • If you see a Zed running, and he's not running towards you, watch out; there's a player about.

Any more?

MB

Zombies are very misunderstood. They're usually just in need of a hug. Zombies need love too!

• Like 6

Zombies are very misunderstood. They're usually just in need of a hug. Zombies need love too!

I hug a Zed every day as part of my ongoing mission to garner relations between our species. Sometimes it works, other times they become violent. But I'm doing my bit.

ARE YOU?

they go through the wall dude, i think their names is not zombies anymore.

the properly name for them is "dead people that goes through the walls and buildings"

All last night I had them appearing out of thin air or coming up through floors.

What they are is a pain in my a*&

• Like 1

• One or two zombies can be handled via the medium of an Axe, but you're better off running from a group.

Just to further clarify this point, the fireman axe is the best melee weapon against the zombies (and players for that matter).  You don't even have to be that accurate with it to one shot them.  The best method I've found to combat them is to let them lunge at you (dodging the lunge of course) and then swing at 'em, they're pretty slow.

wth is a zombronie? 

It's like you... Just a... Zombie you...

Back on topic: I scream over direct "Fight me brah! Cmon brah, wanna fight. Yeah, come get me". Then I fist fight it until it dies or until a player comes and shoots me.

• Like 1

A hug from the tip of my axe !! :D

• Zombies can now run indoors and are more than happy to climb a ladder. BE AFRAID. 

You sure about that? In DAYZ SA I always escape zombies chasing me by climbing the ladders whenever I find them then come down when they wander off.