Sign in to follow this  
serenityrick

The future importance of hunting, cooking, the northlands and rare items (with pics!)

The argument that cold canned food isn't as filling is pretty bunk. The cooking process softens foods and weakens their molecules making it easier to digest. Think raw pasta vs. overcooked pasta; raw digests slower. Satisfaction is a different story of course.

I love the idea of unique rewards in the northern POI. And eliminating static military loot spawns. Maybe randomizing their spawn location between 2x as many spots as their are currently so hoppers don't camp the same buildings all day

Edited by UbuntuFoo

Why wouldn't the person go north, gear up then go back to the coast for the beans and the bambis? 

Some would.. but it would be a lot more inconvenient than it is now for them to do so

The problem here is that once they finish the map and have the new villages and cities etc etc fully complete, most of the northern area you've marked as 'Extremely rare' will be in the middle of it.

The problem here is that once they finish the map and have the new villages and cities etc etc fully complete, most of the northern area you've marked as 'Extremely rare' will be in the middle of it.

And?

The idea is that the buildings in those areas would hardly ever spawn prepared/canned food

I thought this thread said (and pies!) There should be pies. I am formally requesting pies right now.

• Like 1

And?

The idea is that the buildings in those areas would hardly ever spawn prepared/canned food

So the cities such as Cherno, Elektro, Berezino and all the minor settlements on the coast has food and the minor, medium and large villages/cities up north has none? 

Thats just dumb. Sure, the small towns far away from any life can have low food, but following the new highway up north should still have food.

The decision between city and countryside should be made with the same background as in popular zombie apocalypse scenarios.

You rather avoid cities because they are full of zombies yet also offer resources and If you chose the countryside you may face less zombies yet you face probably starvation.

And yes, the half finished city of Guba at the coast and the totally unfinished (really big) city north of the eastern airfield should offer the same resources like any other city, I think. 

The rarity seems great, As it currently stands, the east coast is completely abandoned, and anyone I know that spawns over there just dies until they get close to churno or west of it.

That's because they expanded the military area at Balota, added a military base north of Kamenka and removed the military tents at Berezino. Quite a mistake IMHO.