Sign in to follow this  
Jaygoon

How butthurt do you get when you die in Dayz? :)

i never die! what happens when you die?

Edited by shister313

Butthurt isn't the correct word.  Maybe a facepalm if I did something stupid.  Like being in a hurry trying to meet up with a friend.

Outside of that, I just remember what I did wrong, and what I could have done differently.

Usually I take it really well.  When I was younger and a huge gamer I would get pissed at dying in games, but now I usually just *sigh* and respawn.  

The only time I've gotten really pissed when I died in DayZ was when my survivor that was like 3 days old died.  I finally found the railed foregrip for the m4, and had all the attachments.  I decided to go to the military camp by Starry (which I knew was risky and I usually avoid that place, but I scouted it out for like 10 minutes from a distance before entering it.  I made sure no one was going in or out of that place and that it was clear.  I went in and checked one of the camo buildings, and as I came out, I got shot in the back from the building.  So I know for sure it was a server hopper or maybe someone just logged in behind me.  That's the only time I really got pissed and slammed my fist down on my keyboard and almost broke the keyboard stand off.

The only deaths that bother me are ones caused by bugs, especially the faulty ladders. I avoid them now unless it is an absolute emergency.

Hello there

Im not really sure I know exactly what it means...

To me it usually sounds like it means one's having a temper tantrum, so with that in mind, I'd only be "butthurt" (awful expression IMHO btw) if im deliberately betrayed. Which, as I trust no-one, hasnt happened yet.

If I had a character for some time and died from a bug then I might be annoyed due to the time ive wasted. Thats whats valuable to me. Time.

Dont kill my time and my buttocks will not be in pain.

Rgds

LoK

well i just lost a char with 3 days of work, i had the gear i wanted then lost it all to a server hopper doing gamma trick on a night server while i'm running around with a flashlight at the military base south of the international airport.. that hurt.

My m4 was amazing

Edited by twingunz

Rage memes are really funny, Tony Hawk.

If someone is going to get upset about dieing in DayZ they should have saved the $30  :]

It didn't happen to me but in Balota I looked down the ladder on the Comm Tower and saw 4 dead people next to the ladder.

My guess it that they all fell to their death trying to climb down and loot the one who died previously.

Honestly have never been more frustrated in my life.. Personally i like to play on night time servers honestly im not sure why but it kinda makes me feel more comfortable then playing in the bright daytime. But back on topic, my second char ever i traveled all the way to the NWAF with a friend and its about 4 in the morning so we both go into a room and log for the night. I had everything i needed, a lot of food, drink, med supplies, M4, pistol and it was perfect. So they next day i decide to log on but it was night time and i was having ping issues so my light wouldn't turn on so i decided to log... Before i did that though i could hear a zombie... So i try a dif server and i spawned on the beach with nothing... I honestly couldn't believe it with putting so many hours in..  but oh well i started looting again.

This is where i get mad.. On my 3rd Char i decided oh i will gear up a little bit and go meet my friend at the NWAF before he gets on again. So i find a Mosin pretty early so i was happy about that.. I get some pretty good gear out of Cherno and head north to the airfield. I finally get up there after looting places on my way up there.. now im fully geared up again (better than my previous char) and my friend logs back on. So we get together and i start having ping issues after like 10 minutes of being together so we decide to try tomorrow. So he leaves and i decide okay well ill finish looting the AF... So i walk down these stairs and then boom You are Dead pops up on my screen. I wanted to scream my head off from dieing fully geared twice from bugs... but i guess this is what im here for ..

Edited by BxK Str8shot

When it was just a mod and it was bean warz on the coast, I was upset a lot. But then I remembered that it was all just zeros and ones, just a game, and it was a challenge. Other people could make it annoying, but I could try again. I've gone from 'raging eights' to maybe an exhasperated three if someone is being a bully but generally, taking a moment to remember that it's all just signals in a bit of wiring makes me feel better about it. Paid one price, no being upset about having to pay to play again, losting a quarter or token (what is this 1980?) or having paid a monthly fee to take abuse.

But whatever the reaction, we all keep coming back, so the game has done something right.

Nr. 6.

Always after a server decides to reset my character to the beach upon loging in. I don't mind dying to zombies or people, that stuff gives me a thrill! Servers acting up really get to me though. Tried to report that issue, but I'm unable to send feedback reports, I can't select my game version in the form. -_-

Then I'm pretty much at stage 7.

Edited by Jaime

I can say I was more annoyed being shot by bandits at 30 mins of Churno looting.

Than by falling off the boat as a 3 day endgame loot character.