BlastHard

serious disappointement

So did anybody notice the beauty of the game compared to mod? Maybe that took a long time to accomplish? But again everyone is a dev....

i bet u were saying same things about warz when i was saying on the forum that they were scamming us,here they are not scamming us,they just making a huge mistake thinking that we will find ourself a point to play the game,game is huge,feature will be huge,but there s no point.

by the way u ve been reported for quoted something i never said and calling me stupid for no reason.

No, i really hoped they would pull it together. But i never talked back about scams. Well the ones bitching the first week ofc. But when lead developer is banned from the forums for being stupid and nothing else is done. Nontransparet developing..

And i shortend the qoute, as stated "snipped stupid rant" never saying you wrote those precise words. As for going off reporting like that, well had to get one at some point. But apparently im not allowed to have my own opinions about your statement? I thought you had very little points and made stupid arguments. 

And if the "to stupid to uninstall" really hurt that much... Well Im sorry!

And i fell sorry for you for taking a simple internet remark so seriously that you need to further increase the workload of the moderators with it. Instead of just sayin that you didnt take well or were offended.

The point of dayz, best described as recreational gaming. A world free of rules and open to do what you want. For the gamers that doesnt allways want tideous quests and dailys. Being free and able to KoS, farm crops or just run around being a douche. Make friends, enemies, roleplay it up. Fly a helicopter, drive a car. Shoot some zombies. And then we start all over again.

Silly, of course we can blame him the game came with 100 million warnings and a prompt by dean himself saying do not buy this game he also tweeted about not buying this game all the warnings and advice says 'do not buy this game its broken and buggy and incomplete' anyone paying for it now and complaining about it well... logic ain't logic sometimes i guess

i m not currently crying about bugs or lack of content,in this game u can add all content like need to find a tree to hide when u need to poo ,it wont change the fact that u cant either really pvp without looting and walking 40 min before,or surviving without anything more to do than respond to ur character needs.

even in pacman u run from the ghosts,u eat strawberry then it up to next level,ur aim is to climb levels.

Guys, Blasthard is a very need to progress character. And not to offend you again Blast (which obviously is very easy). This might not be the game for you.. Read my former post about what my take on the point is.

guys calm down a bit. no need for such a fuss in here.

@OP

i welcome your initial approach of open critique without using obvious or subtle provocations (not that common)

Guys, Blasthard is a very need to progress character. And not to offend you again Blast (which obviously is very easy). This might not be the game for you..

..and i wouldn't sign that. char progression might very very likely be in that game at one point. Edited by joe_mcentire

you are cleary not understanding the sense of an ALPHA!

the alpha contains around 10% of the content DayZ will have when its later in the development.

Look at Minecraft. It started with nothing, grew far and big and its still growing.

Same with DayZ. The mod started small and now its epic!

This DayZ Standalone Alpha is not for your enjoyment. Well, you can enjoy it since you are allowed to play while they are adding content. (the best part of a game is imo the time when they slowly add all the features and you can see the game grow live)

Its to fix and find bugs while the game is growing.

You are not even in the position to say there is no content, because in fact, you cant test the content yet! Its not in yet!

They didnt add it yet.

They didnt implement the features they want to put in yet.

Rocket didnt say "dont buy the alpha just because you heard DayZ mod was cool" for no reason!

i ve played dead nation,breaking point,life,nether,warz,here in dayz map is too short to have hide players camps to search,and too big to have a clear pvp way.

they need to figure it out and give a purpose to the game.

my team bought a server ,1h later we were all full stuff boring,so now we dont even go on our server,we pop on a server we restart until we get on south beach ,find a m4 and go to balota,hopping we wont get hopped,but not really caring cause after death we will do it again..

guys calm down a bit. no need for such a fuss in here.

@OP

i welcome your initial approach of open critique without using obvious or subtle provocations (not that common)

..and i wouldn't sign that. char progression might very very likely be in that game at one point.

And i dont deny that fact. But as of yet there isnt anything like it. And hence i wrote "THIS MIGHT"

Hi there...Welcome to the forums

Anyway....

hi all

i m seriously disappointed by the game,standalone was announced so long ago,saying they were waiting to give us something good and ready to play,i expected that even in alpha pre release it would be better.

i m use to play this sort of game but there s nothing to do in this one,this game will not last long.

i explain:

after 15min of gameplay,i ve got food water and a m4 fully loaded.so what to do next ?med suplly,15min after i have 3 saline bag,alcool,antibiotic.

so now what to do?

lets go pvp,i go to balota (20min walking),i kill one,i kill two (that i cant loot),i m killed (10min)

so what next? i do the same thing again...very boring!!!

it seriously took 1 year to do this game?on map that yet exist,with useless zombi dying 2sec after being hit,with no recoil at all?no vehicule?no ranking?no skill tree?no crafting?no phyx destruction?no tesslation?no grouping feature?no loot spawning?no zombi spawning?no ranking?

i feel like there s no purpose in there,its very bad for the game,noone will play1 year on this!!

second deception is the quality of the video feature,trees look like in bbc2,buildings are ugly (exept industrial ones).

in my opinion u dont need to patch it,u need to restart it from the beginning,and start first by finding something to make a point for people to play it.

Zombies are going to get better and grow in numbers...upcoming feature...

Recoil is going to get added in the game...

Vehicles will be in the game...but in the future( my guess...Beta or Later)

There was never a ranking system in Dayz...this is not a competitive shooter(and you said it twice...dont know why :huh: )

Crafting...you can already do some stuff...but this is an upcoming feature

Loot spawning...upcoming feature,etc

For me...the endgame of Dayz is just staying alive for just a little longer, like in Project zomboid...but its different for other players because its a sandbox game...so find your endgame...

In the end...if you dont like the game atm...feel free to stop playing...

See ya...

Edited by XjoseX
  • Like 3

wow OP, really ?

You should go play world of Warcraft, or Guildwars, or whatever entertains you more. This game is not for you. 

Did you find friends to play with? 500000 copies sold or more, go find a friend...

Bases are coming, the controls will be improved, there will be more zombies, more loot, bandits, heroes, clans, role play, AI(maybe), vehicles, planes, helicopters and more...

This is not dungeon, bass kill  type of game. This is more of a military sim in zombie apocalypse.

let go pvp herrp derrp

no boy -> why not interact with people, here starts the fun, we have given plenty of nice items already to interact.. help, judge whatever just dont only pvp  

You know those retarded levelling systems that mean nothing? Like the ones in DotA and Battlefield? The ones that just waste space and add absolutely nothing to the gameplay? OP and his generation is the reason for such systems.

i ve played dead nation,breaking point,life,nether,warz,here in dayz map is too short to have hide players camps to search,and too big to have a clear pvp way.

my team bought a server ,1h later we were all full stuff boring,so now we dont even go on our server,we pop on a server we restart until we get on south beach ,find a m4 and go to balota,hopping we wont get hopped,but not really caring cause after death we will do it again..

This game is not for you from what I have been reading. You should stop playing this game so it doesn't bother you anymore. Next time try playing the game first before renting a server and getting bored.

i believe u r right chauz..

You know those retarded levelling systems that mean nothing? Like the ones in DotA and Battlefield? The ones that just waste space and add absolutely nothing to the gameplay? OP and his generation is the reason for such systems.

man i m 37 y o.

leveling system i was refering to,is more to be able to craft,repair thing,cook,run,heal, all this on a lvl table,needing for example to have read or being shown how to place an IV,how to fix a engine.....

well. if there is nothing to do in DayZ, why are people playing it, and why do I have a few hundred hours of DayZ Mod on my account?

if you have nothing to do then that is a clear sign to stop and play something else. you are not creative. you are talking like my little neighbour kids that are bored when they have nothing to do.

find something to do. build a camp of tents, hunt other players, roleplay, swarm elektro with your clan, have loot raids, try to take hostages, trade, find and fix vehicles etc etc i could list 1000 more things.

clearly, i am talking about the mod atm. you can do all this in the mod.

and what is in the mod, will most likely be added over the time in the Standalone...

and now dont you dare to say there is nothing to do in the game...

to do what u say,"life" and "breaking point" are far better.

i hope for u i m wrong but this standalone seem dead before it even start for me.i hopped it would give me something different or better than the other games around,and it don t,and not because of the early stage.

Blasthard pays for game! If Blasthard pays for game, he wants game! He wants game immediately. Blasthard has nothing to do, he wants to level up!

Man really..... go home... and leave us alone with these Brainfarts.

OMG this section is like the best thing evah'! Does anyone else have a bowl of popcorn next to them when they read such topics?

u all defend the game like fanboys,i can t understand it

Your ignorance is intolerable, go and re-read all the countless posts of what alpha means.

One point I'd agree with is that I too hope that team rocket has some fine mechanics up to their sleeves as to make the game last for ten's of hours to come

As I said before. Blasthard is just trolling us.

No one can be so stupid and rage about an Alpha release not having enough content.

...or am I wrong? could it be that there really is such a person D: 

I hate car analogies but heres one OP. You've inspected a tyre and yet passed judgement on the whole car.

This^^

perfect formulation!

imho this guy has some good ideas - its an alpha so some of those features probably will be added in the future when its ready - but ofc ppl want stuff happening faster

>>it seriously took 1 year to do this game?on map that yet exist,with useless zombi dying 2sec after being hit,with no recoil at all?no vehicule?no ranking?no skill tree?no crafting?no phyx destruction?no tesslation?no grouping feature?no loot spawning?no zombi spawning?no ranking?>>

some of that is actually good ideas

why do you ppl always bash everyone not singing praises - constructive critizism can be a good thing

id say the alpha is both great and a little bit of disappointment

to do what u say,"life" and "breaking point" are far better.

i hope for u i m wrong but this standalone seem dead before it even start for me.i hopped it would give me something different or better than the other games around,and it don t,and not because of the early stage.

You still don't seem to be grasping the concept of what the term "DayZ Standalone Early Access" means. How many more people are going to have to reply with "Early access is meant for helping the devs find bugs and glitches as content and features are added and is not meant as a finished game in need of some bug fixes and polish" before you get it? Even with the plethora of responses suggesting this you're still talking like what is in the game now is ALL that is going to be in the game, even when it's finished.

If that's the case then take it on the chin, uninstall the game and accept that you've wasted your money, again.

Do that, and give us a rest from your ranting. If you've played better games then go play them.

Meanwhile over the next 12 months the rest of us will be trying to find bugs for Rockets team to fix. Therefore contributing to a game that has elements that make US want to play it. 

Edited by =FOX= Damocles

you died op so you failed OP. Live!! that is the purpose of the game, all the material are there to have a zombie survival fantasy! has your character got all the means to survive? do you regularly disinfect all your items? have you cooking equipment? different clothing for different weather conditions? is all your gear pristine? have you the means to keep yourself healthy? my character has been alive in game now for more that 50 hours in all that time I've only had 3 confrontations in two I genuinely tried to help the other players, their dead i'm still alive! the only thing limiting you is your own imagination.

i believe u r right chauz..

man i m 37 y o.

leveling system i was refering to,is more to be able to craft,repair thing,cook,run,heal, all this on a lvl table,needing for example to have read or being shown how to place an IV,how to fix a engine.....

Well this thread is indeed funny :D. I understand what the OP means and probably this game is just not for him indeed but I would like to explain some things.

I bought DayZ 3 days ago simply because it was game #3 in twitch.tv streamings. I was curious about it and read up a lot. My brother and I then decided to support the alpha and bought it. On the first day I was also wondering what was the purpose since clearly this isnt like WoW or GW2 or COD. Then I found a weapon. I found a magazine of that weapon that was like 9/30, then I found another magazine that was like 10/20. I say wth, this is silly if you cant put the bullets in 1 mag. Then I noticed that I can empty one magazine and fill the other one with the bullets. That was unique for me for a first person game(never played ArmA). 

Then I found an empty ammo box. It said it could hold up to 300 rounds. I say wtf is this stupid thing taking up 4 slots of my inventory? Then by mistake I noticed a bug, I threw it down and I noticed that it offered 10 ammo slots for the expense of 4 inventory slots! By the time I got that box I had 3-4 different M4 mags that were taking a lot of space. I quickly removed the bullets from them, keeping 2 full mags: one in the M4 and 1 to swap in case of combat. The rest of the bullets I put them inside the ammo box together with the bullets of the magnum, the colt pistol, the mosin and the shotgun slugs. 

These were 2 examples of what to do in this game. This is actually a loot hunt like what Diablo or Path of Exile offers with the difference that you never know what will happen if you enter an area/house and you never know what you are going to find in there (and if you find something at all). You can literally be dead the next second and lose all the loot. This is thrilling and exciting. The purpose of the Alpha is simple: Go and find loot but always be prepared because you never know what you will meet on the way. I really love this game and yesterday, I also bought another copy for one of my friends. 

Also a side note to the OP(copied from Steam):

• Playable vehicles 
  • Wide variety of native animal life 
  • Player created constructions in the environment 
  • Extensive interactions with the environment and crafting options 
  • Streamlined user actions and interface 
  • Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.) 
  • Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity 
  • Support of user mods

But as everyone said, this is Alpha but I personally really love it so far!