Shag

Suggestion, Respawn (possible player abuse).

Is it possible to disable?

I see people in chat die, then die again, then die again...

Some may be legit but the vast majority want to get to cherno/elektro for easier loot. This must be putting strain on servers, muddying the statistics with which you judge the game, and kind snaps everyone out of the illusion that you're not in a game (this is one of the best features of dayz).

Solution:

1) Prevent respawn button from doing anything.

or 2) Introduce the death timer with appropriate logic.

3) Remove the coast spawn and have people spawn all over the map, forcing people to orientate (actually I prefer this one as it would also stop snipers camping the coast and the problems of the deathmatch southern coast would go away).

How about make allow players to choose spawn or at least the vicinity.

Iam all up for making the game as hard as possible but the team play should be promoted a bit more and respawn is being used as players who wanna play together are just not willing to spend 30 minutes in game running to meat their mates, hence the constant respawning.

The location of the spaws should be rearranged and allow player something like:

Spawn at close vicinity to:

Cherno

( spawns at costal line from Balota to Cherno)

Elektro

( spawns at costal line from Kamyshovo to Elektro )

Berezino

( spawns at costal line from Nizhonoye to Berezino )

optionally

Stary Sobor

( spawns from Vyshnoye to Stay Sobor)

If possible when spawning server should always spawn you not in vicinity of previously spawned player.

Check map here: http://avidblur.com/arma2/

With out of the game map being used I would also suggest the map loot because more common ( maybe even lootable from zombies )

never you should spawn at kamenka 100% of the time imo

How about make allow players to choose spawn or at least the vicinity.

Iam all up for making the game as hard as possible but the team play should be promoted a bit more and respawn is being used as players who wanna play together are just not willing to spend 30 minutes in game running to meat their mates' date=' hence the constant respawning.

The location of the spaws should be rearranged and allow player something like:

Spawn at close vicinity to:

Cherno

( spawns at costal line from Balota to Cherno)

Elektro

( spawns at costal line from Kamyshovo to Elektro )

Berezino

( spawns at costal line from Nizhonoye to Berezino )

optionally

Stary Sobor

( spawns from Vyshnoye to Stay Sobor)

If possible when spawning server should always spawn you not in vicinity of previously spawned player.

Check map here: http://avidblur.com/arma2/

With out of the game map being used I would also suggest the map loot because more common ( maybe even lootable from zombies )

How about no? that would be abused to hell and back.

Random spawn is the way to go, BUT how about letting groups of people spawn together if they want to. having some sort of grouping system would be key to this tho.

I would imagine you'd need to keep the respawn button in an alpha mod like this so players have the option to kill their character if they encounter a bug or glitch.

For instance, the issue of players being thrown into the middle of the ocean after putting on a different suit. Imagine how tedious it would be if players had to swim all the way back to land instead of just killing their character and respawning.

Some kind of timer on the respawn option would be better.

How about no? that would be abused to hell and back.

Random spawn is the way to go' date=' BUT how about letting groups of people spawn together if they want to. having some sort of grouping system would be key to this tho.

[/quote']

Abused how ?

We basically have that now just with annoyance of using RESPAWN until you get where want. So instead of starting to play immediately after you get killed you are delayed for 5 to 10 minutes doing respawns.

p.s. grouping feature would be resolved too

Making you have to be alive for 10 minutes or so before using it would be decent. It should not be entirely removed IMO, cause there are situations where you end up with broken legs 15km from a non deer-stand military spawn or hospital and it's a looong crawl, I can tell you this.

Also, note that deaths under around 2 minutes or so do not count to the leaderboard or average life game stats.

We need it to allow us to choose our spawn. The reason why you see this so much is people are trying to group up with friends. The current implementation is just annoying for team-play. The random spawns solve nothing especially since people just kill there self over and over one way or another to get to where they want. They would probably do it regardless of a timer. It would be a helpful fix to make the other spawns locations a bit desirable also but that's a map issue.

We need it to allow us to choose our spawn. The reason why you see this so much is people are trying to group up with friends. The current implementation is just annoying for team-play. The random spawns solve nothing especially since people just kill there self over and over one way or another to get to where they want. They would probably do it regardless of a timer. It would be a helpful fix to make the other spawns locations a bit desirable also but that's a map issue.

And when Rocket locks it so you have to take the spawn you get? Then what? You're forced to play the game rather than exploit it, that's what.

People playing like this are playing the game wrong. I've constantly played with a group of at least 4 people, and for a fair amount of time, 6, and a lot of the most entertaining and rewarding experiences I had were the risky trips to the coast to pick people up, or the attempts at meeting up with each other, or saving each other from terrible situations that happened while we were trying to meet up. One of my friends started bleeding with no bandages once and me and another friend literally got to him (after being going that way to get him for almost a half hour) and bandaged him and he ended up with 330 blood left and it was a combination of the most intense, funniest, and amazing game situations ever.

Moving to suggestion Thread.

This has been brought up before for different and various reasons.

The fact that people are respawning more than needed (I witnessed 10 or more attempts yesterday by the same person), leads me to believe that the system may need tweaking.

But that's just me...

EDIT: Changed thread title.

And when Rocket locks it so you have to take the spawn you get? Then what? You're forced to play the game rather than exploit it' date=' that's what.

[/quote']

Then you just run to your friends like you do if you get a spawn near them anyway. People already have 3rd party maps + location in the bottom right on spawn if for some reason you both died at the same time. Worst case if no map ever existed you make one or memorize locations then its back to this. If the bottom right on login location is removed you look at what your city looks like or use one of the signs which does the same thing, again. In terms of game-play changing, well... It didn't. Like at all.

People playing like this are playing the game wrong. I've constantly played with a group of at least 4 people' date=' and for a fair amount of time, 6, and a lot of the most entertaining and rewarding experiences I had were the risky trips to the coast to pick people up, or the attempts at meeting up with each other, or saving each other from terrible situations that happened while we were trying to meet up. One of my friends started bleeding with no bandages once and me and another friend literally got to him (after being going that way to get him for almost a half hour) and bandaged him and he ended up with 330 blood left and it was a combination of the most intense, funniest, and amazing game situations ever.

[/quote']

I consistently play with 3-6 people at all times also. Coast trips really aren't risky especially if your group is well equipped(Which should take an hour or less?).

1)Ask teammate his starting location

2)Tell him to run north slightly

3)Meet them

There is nothing risky about the current system and meeting up for the most part if you play even a tiny bit smart. Normally our group hangs our around Stay or NW airfield where the more well equipped bandits hang out and there is a real risk since zombies don't pose one. In fact the only risky situation we have seen is when one of our members got stuck in a tiny house with an endless zombie horde in which case he just promptly ran out and to a spot where they didn't infinitely spawn.