GenericSurvivor

How not to Rage losing a fully equipted character

I stop and realise, hang on, this a game. What kind of person gets angry because his fake, digital character died? And then I go, oh well. At least I can go scavenging and have more fun finding that Mosin again.

I just think, Ill spawn coastal anyway and have 3 military spawns to choose from to get me geared up in like the first 30mins of respawning in this current state of the game.

Take it easy, i never rage about video games. I had fully geared char, and me and my mate just killed eachother because we got bored haha.

Rule #1 You will lose your shit

Rule #2 You will get killed and lose your shit

Rule #3 Will break my leg and die in a bug (loosing my shiiiiit)

Rule #4 See rules above.

Pretty my my thoughts. How i think, sure i can curse someone for KoS me whilst in freshmode (beacause my battery was so valuable) or when people kill me after i helped them. That i rage aswell, not the fact i died. Fun to find new gear, but the fact many are just assholes. 

Okay...I'm asking this before I jump in.

I need tips people. TIPS!

How do you guys deal with losing huge amounts of good loot with a character you've had for a long time?

This will help more people...Not just me.

I say fuck it! It's just a game;) No need to get angry...

uxOphZC.jpg              <<<<<< That is after i do this!

Edited by Aussie Bogan

It's a game, at the end of the day.

You are there for a bit of fun/ roleplay.

Not to mention in alpha stages you can die almost anyway.

I fall off a container ship fully geared?, that's a shame.

I get out of Churno with a hatchet and a motorbike helmet to be shot by servers hoppers at Balota, that F*cks me off.

To me it's not that I died, It's the way I died. I hate having a bandit get me, there is no worse feeling.

I couldn't care less about my loot, it is the fact that a bandit finds I had a useful item and decides that he can prosper by KoS ultimately further poisoning what was once a very friendly community.

I'm not sure about you people, but If I could have some gaurdian angel just hackbomb those bandits that shoot people with nothing more than melee weapons I would be a very grateful man indeed.

>:( Bandits and KoS

Take it easy, i never rage about video games. I had fully geared char, and me and my mate just killed eachother because we got bored haha.

Only game I rage at is Battlefield when I'm on loosing team.

K/d ratio ain't shit, I just hate loosing the game, dying a lot just worsens the experience though.

What? You've died already?

Ows that work?

I've barely seen a soul since playing.

They jump in out of nowhere, shoot you if you don't have a gun and disappear if you do (even if you are clearly not interested in shooting them as you lowered your gun)

How?

Realize it's just a game and no matter how much time you spend on games, it will still go to waste most of the times.

Unless you're a pro gamer of some sort.

I just can't ever get enough of this guy, I'll just play it a couple of times and I'm good to go.

Fuck, I had this bookmarked and I forgot to use it xD

Just remember you can get that loot back within time and when you die to other players try to remember how they did it, thier tactics, where they were things like that after a time you will instinctively avoid those problems.

As DayZ is and always will be its a story, a story of what happend to you before you died in the post-apoc region of Chernarus.

How?

Realize it's just a game and no matter how much time you spend on games, it will still go to waste most of the times.

Unless you're a pro gamer of some sort.

DayZ MLG, guns r for nubs.

physiological warfare and fists all the way.

you're simply approaching this game wrong if you rage about dying. it's the main reason this game is where it is now. because it's different than all the others. you die, you lose everything, you start over. a big part of the fun is starting over and scavanging for new gear.

and always follow the first rule of dayz: NEVER GET ATTACHED TO YOUR GEAR

Since you can gear up so fast (within an hour I had most of my equipment sorted), I am not even mad when I get killed.

Gearing up from the ground up is fun in itself. So when I lose everything I first try to figure out what I did wrong and then just get on with it and have fun re-gearing.

Only game I rage at is Battlefield when I'm on loosing team.

K/d ratio ain't shit, I just hate loosing the game, dying a lot just worsens the experience though.

For me having a epic round and just slaughtering everyone i come across and still lose cause team sucked donkey is worse for me.

Since you can gear up so fast (within an hour I had most of my equipment sorted), I am not even mad when I get killed.

Where did you get that sig? Is it self made and updated or is it a tracker of sorts?

I dont mind loosing my gear fair and square in a gun fight, being hold up, being force fed anti disinfectant, even to the glitchy doors and ladders I could not give a damn. 

But when you have decent gear but no guns, and you stubble upon a fellow player and communicate with him stating that were both friendly. You wish him good luck, and youre on your merry way. 

And he pops you in the back of the head.

I MEAN FOR FUCK SAKE!?!?! 

[...]

Where did you get that sig? Is it self made and updated or is it a tracker of sorts?

That is self-made, I already thought about an automated system, but I would need help by Bohemia Interactive and I really don't know if they have the time to do this. ^^

Also, I really hope I can get into a big gunfight anytime soon, up until now I only had one bigger encounter and it wasn't epic... the one of the other guys just ghosted and we killed him regardless.

I dont mind loosing my gear fair and square in a gun fight, being hold up, being force fed anti disinfectant, even to the glitchy doors and ladders I could not give a damn. 

But when you have decent gear but no guns, and you stubble upon a fellow player and communicate with him stating that were both friendly. You wish him good luck, and youre on your merry way. 

And he pops you in the back of the head.

I MEAN FOR FUCK SAKE!?!?! 

Still human interaction. This is anarchy at its finest. Find yourself a crew and roll. Best dayz experience imo

That is self-made, I already thought about an automated system, but I would need help by Bohemia Interactive and I really don't know if they have the time to do this. ^^

Also, I really hope I can get into a big gunfight anytime soon, up until now I only had one bigger encounter and it wasn't epic... the one of the other guys just ghosted and we killed him regardless.

Ahh. If you ever get that automated sign me up ;)