GenericSurvivor

How not to Rage losing a fully equipted character

Make friends on the game that don't mind sharing or helping you.
Fap until Anger gone.

Okay...I'm asking this before I jump in.

I need tips people. TIPS!

How do you guys deal with losing huge amounts of good loot with a character you've had for a long time?

This will help more people...Not just me.

Consider it as an opportunity to be free again from the fear of losing your gear. An opportunity to play a completely different character, there is so many different ways to approach the game, try something new now!

I just think, Ill spawn coastal anyway and have 3 military spawns to choose from to get me geared up in like the first 30mins of respawning in this current state of the game.

no chance, unless you are a dirty server hopper

Look at death as opportunity to go through the excitement of getting yourself equipped again.

Look at death as opportunity to go through the excitement of getting yourself equipped again.

My sentiments exactly.

Wish some of the people I play with did this, but they rage and log out completely for the day/night.

The most important thing in this game is not the equipment you had, but the way you lived.

Not to make this into a flame war, but maybe:

1. not to get attached to your char and stuff, if you die you can have your gear back within the hour if you know where to look

2. read this http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158101-how-to-not-be-killed-on-sight/

at a certain period in the game me and my friend are just hunting for all pristine clothes and items, all have the same clothes so we look the same and act as a fearful squad...just for LOLs (no KoS)

Edited by MCRoadkill

The amount of rage I'm in when dying often depends on how i died. If it was super stupid or unfair I sometimes need to close the game for a while and listen to moonlight sonata or some other classical music to calm down ;)

I have to agree, it also depends on how you died. 1on1 fight=no problem, sniper out of nowhere=grrr, fall of roof=doh! :P

Edited by MCRoadkill

loot goblin till you full again in 5mins :) never rage ! dont see point at this stage to not do it. Nothing to explore yet :) just pvp 

LOADS to explore. First night i went up to past NWAF and just walked east, and it was awesome. Followed that railway track, its beautifully different to the older version of the map :)

Same here

Never get attached to your gear...in dayz everyone, at some point, dies. Could be a bullet, from sickness, zeds, etc...

It also depends on the way you die...