7 posts in this topic

Alright I have a question,

I recently built my first PC, and of course I wanted to tryout DayZ standalone. I started playing and I'm almost completely geared up. Now, I feel bad because my brother would like to play too but he cant because I cant find a way to have two different characters, and wouldn't like to lose all my gear :c

Is there any way you could have two different profiles on DayZ, with different gear and everything? if there is, how do you do it?

Thanks.

Steam family sharing.

Have him log into his account on your PC while DayZ is installed, then when he tries to run it you'll have to give him permission.

In-game, you can't have 2 profiles.

I'd like to see that addition, that way I can play with my friends with one character and do my own thing with another.

heyguy_72 likes this

Alright I have a question,

I recently built my first PC, and of course I wanted to tryout DayZ standalone. I started playing and I'm almost completely geared up. Now, I feel bad because my brother would like to play too but he cant because I cant find a way to have two different characters, and wouldn't like to lose all my gear :c

Is there any way you could have two different profiles on DayZ, with different gear and everything? if there is, how do you do it?

Thanks.

Set up another steam account for your brother and buy another copy, worked for me.

In-game, you can't have 2 profiles.

I'd like to see that addition, that way I can play with my friends with one character and do my own thing with another.

Although having 2 profiles in game would be cool can cause alot of abuse regarding gear hoarding.

For Ex; One profile hoards good loot, drops it somewhere on the server on the ground

second profile would log in and take the loot off of the ground and voila.

Although having 2 profiles in game would be cool can cause alot of abuse regarding gear hoarding.

For Ex; One profile hoards good loot, drops it somewhere on the server on the ground

second profile would log in and take the loot off of the ground and voila.

solution:  Make it a hassle to do so.  Don't allow the profiles to log into the same server within a certain time frame.