7 posts in this topic

Alright I have a question,

I recently built my first PC, and of course I wanted to tryout DayZ standalone. I started playing and I'm almost completely geared up. Now, I feel bad because my brother would like to play too but he cant because I cant find a way to have two different characters, and wouldn't like to lose all my gear :c

Is there any way you could have two different profiles on DayZ, with different gear and everything? if there is, how do you do it?

Thanks.

Steam family sharing.

Have him log into his account on your PC while DayZ is installed, then when he tries to run it you'll have to give him permission.

In-game, you can't have 2 profiles.

I'd like to see that addition, that way I can play with my friends with one character and do my own thing with another.

heyguy_72 likes this

Alright I have a question,

I recently built my first PC, and of course I wanted to tryout DayZ standalone. I started playing and I'm almost completely geared up. Now, I feel bad because my brother would like to play too but he cant because I cant find a way to have two different characters, and wouldn't like to lose all my gear :c

Is there any way you could have two different profiles on DayZ, with different gear and everything? if there is, how do you do it?

Thanks.

Set up another steam account for your brother and buy another copy, worked for me.

In-game, you can't have 2 profiles.

I'd like to see that addition, that way I can play with my friends with one character and do my own thing with another.

Although having 2 profiles in game would be cool can cause alot of abuse regarding gear hoarding.

For Ex; One profile hoards good loot, drops it somewhere on the server on the ground

second profile would log in and take the loot off of the ground and voila.

Although having 2 profiles in game would be cool can cause alot of abuse regarding gear hoarding.

For Ex; One profile hoards good loot, drops it somewhere on the server on the ground

second profile would log in and take the loot off of the ground and voila.

solution:  Make it a hassle to do so.  Don't allow the profiles to log into the same server within a certain time frame. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Murphys Tavern LF new team players
      By icanfish
      Hey there survivors !
      I'm icanfish from Murphy's Tavern we are looking for new players that are looking for group gameplay, fun, we are not some super pro's at the came we are casuals that like to have some fun. We atm got about 5 ppl that play with us we looking for more to join our mini "clan" or whatever you wanna call us. We play a lot mor games there's not only 5 of us theres a lot more ppl but in dayz around 5 to 8 not playin at same time ofc.
      Well now about the requirements 
      This first 3 are a MUST !
      - Have more than 20+
      - Decent english !
      - Be a grown up
      - Communication (In Firefights .... etc)
      These are EXTRAS if you have cool ! :D
      - More than 100 Hours in dayz SA 
      - Have played Dayz Mod
      - Knows how to play in a group

Best Regards
      Icanfish 
      Murphy's Tavern Recruiter

• The Meeting Game - Hosted By: BarelyInfected
      By camcantrun
      We received a note, on this note was a location and a mission. Our location happened to be  a lone green house south west of Gorka, and our mission, to form a place of sanctuary for the weary at Pavlovo Military Base.
      My life led me into a lot of ups, and a few downs. Life isn't always about the highs and lows though, it's about the in between. I hope you all enjoy and are having a wonderful day where ever you are.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/BarelyInfected
      Know that this game was organized by a wonderful content creator named Rene who goes by BarelyInfected. 
      A special thanks to Issac for helping me out with this video. Your support through the months has been inspiring and a pleasure. Thanks so very much.

Music:
      Kai Engel
      mediK
      Ujevi

Follow me on twitter to keep up with the happenings :)
      Twitter.com/camcantrun
      &
      Twitch.tv/camcantrun
    • [31B] 31 Bravo Community Recruitment
      By iMuggy
      31 Bravo is a police/military community that is just starting. Our goal is to surround ourselves with like-minded, respectable people that are interested in policing/military. We are currently looking for loyal; semi-serious members that are willing to participate in DayZ standalone. We like to focus on realism, especially on Standalone. 
      Our main focus is DayZ Standalone but we hope that with enough growth we can reach out to other games. Some of the games we would like to get into are; Battlefield, Arma 2/3, and Miscreated.
      The requirements to join are as follows:
      Must be 18+ and mature
      Must be a good team player as well as good communicator
      Must have teamspeak 3 and willing to spend most of your time in our teamspeak, accepted members are encouraged to invite friends
      Must pass a 2-4 week trial period before being accepted into the community
      Absolutely no VAC bans for any game or reason on your account
      We are all currently North American but are open to expanding the community to EU and beyond

If you are interested, you can visit our steam group page here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/31bravomp and add any of the administrators to your friends list for more info.

Edit: Our current community logo; http://imgur.com/2FhovLb