SoWeMeetAgain

3d person cheating with screenshots

Hey everyone.

First off - I am not actually interested in your opinions, just facts and rational arguments.

I've heard "hurr durr it's fair cos everyone can do it hurr durr" - let's clear that out of the way:

Example 1: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=208398492

Example 2: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=208398579

As you can see the person in the second picture could see the person in the first picture (if there actually was someone, but and not the other way round) and therefore has the unfair advantage while camping.

Example 3: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=208398671

As you can see from this vantage point you can see the entire upper floor without any chance of them seeing you before you see them, giving the advancing person an unfair advantage.

In both situations it is unfair even though "both persons can do it".

Thank you for your attention.

It is cheap a lot yes...However i think addding 1st person only servers in future, will solve this issue. I personally love to play in 3rd person, cus i just enjoy lookin at my character and watching all the movements...However i use 1st person view in gunfights/buildings....Yes, 3rd person view does give you advantage to look around the corner, however it won't give you any sort of advantage in face to face gunfight.

• Like 2

The other person could still stand in the same place and do the same thing. Of course different positions are going to offer different levels of visibility.

But everyone can still use the same mechanic.

DayZ is a game that isn't built on fairness. There will be un fair things in the game as they should be. It is just one step above a simulator in a lot of ways. Battle rifles are OP because they are IRL. Assaulting and securing a building is a very dangerous thing that professionals practice often. Swat teams and Special forces groups use grenades and flash bangs to better their odds. Thing I am sure are still coming.

This particular "issue" is something that will be  addressed in time as first person only servers get introduced. Me personally don't care for first person only because 3rd person overall gives a more realistic viewing angle and gives you a more "authentic" awareness of your surroundings than 1st person only. In the end, I don't find a major issue with it. You can abuse the same mechanic yourself and he still has to pop out to kill you. If you out smart, out play, and have more paitence than your opponent, you can neutralize and reverse any advantage he has. Basically, don't just run into a building like "Hurr Durr where da loot at Hurr Durr". Just for the record, while it is cheap, it is not cheating. It is a game mechanic that everyone can use.

Hotkey camera change.

switch back and forth.

get the best of both worlds.

No excuse for exploit.

3rd person lets you get a better feeling of things around you that 1st person cant capture.

First off - I am not actually interested in your opinions, just facts and rational arguments.

If you are not willing to accept opinions, get the fuck out. Opinions can be backed up by facts and rational arguments. So No.

3rd person lets you get a better feeling of things around you that 1st person cant capture.

This. In the real world you have more senses than just vision looking straight forward and sound. When I play in 1st person I can barely tell what's going on around me. Also I would lose my mind if I just watched trees going by while traveling. I enjoy watching the character, their clothes, gear, movements ect.

Long story short I don't think 3rd person will go anywhere, other than on a server by server basis.

Are we seriously having this conversation AGAIN..... 

Save me baby Jesus  :facepalm:

• Like 1

Hey everyone.

I've heard "hurr durr it's fair cos everyone can do it hurr durr" - let's clear that out of the way:

Just because people have an advantage in viewing other people in 3rd person doesn't mean they shoot, they still have to go up to where both people can see each other, and then shoot.

also, about your post, this is a forum, if you don't want to hear other peoples opinions, you can kindly get the fuck out.

3rd person is a big part of the Community, they're not going to remove it, you don't like it? then stop playing and wait until they add 1st person only servers.

Edited by Guest
Please don't.

Hey everyone.

A Nice way to address the dayz community...

I'm not interested in reading what you have typed.. :P Suck it

Edited by Aussie Bogan
  • Like 4

Hey everyone.

As you can see the person in the second picture could see the person in the first picture (if there actually was someone, but and not the other way round) and therefore has the unfair advantage while camping.

As you can see from this vantage point you can see the entire upper floor without any chance of them seeing you before you see them, giving the advancing person an unfair advantage.

Subjective opinion, not fact or rational argument.

• Like 1

also, about your post, this is a forum, if you don't want to hear other peoples opinions, you can kindly get the fuck out.

My point exactly...

If you are not willing to accept opinions, get the fuck out. Opinions can be backed up by facts and rational arguments. So No.

Try again.

Thanks for this new and exciting information.  None of us had any idea that third person allows people to peek around corners safely and this topic certainly hasn't been brought up eight million times.

DISREGUARD

Edited by Jfiles

Try again.

Im confused by your comment. Opinions CAN be backed up by facts and rational arguements. If he is not willing to accept an opinion back up by those, then he is just blabbering, so i kindly told to go the fuck away. And never come back.

I was playing Arma3 and there was a guy defending a house, there was 1 entrance to the house through a long hallway and he was using 3rd person to tell when someone was entering the house, no matter how fast anyone entered the house he could see them and he would peek out and kill them instantly. This was stupid.

Hey everyone.

lolz

Im confused by your comment. Opinions CAN be backed up by facts and rational arguements. If he is not willing to accept an opinion back up by those, then he is just blabbering, so i kindly told to go the fuck away. And never come back.

If a opinion is backed up by a fact then its not a opinion at all its a fact.

rational arguments is a shitstorm of facts and opinions.

w.e. im too drunk for this haha

3d person? or do you mean 3rd person?

You haven't been playing SA in 3D?  You're missing out man.  The beans like, pop up in your face, man.

• Like 2

You haven't been playing SA in 3D?  You're missing out man.  The beans like, pop up in your face, man.

Haha