FruitPunchG

I AM FRIENDLY!

yep happened to me more times than I would like... i think this pisses me off more than KoS because they see you... you are there telling them you are friendly no weapon out and hands up and they just pop you in the head anyway... ugh..

• Like 5

I had a guy come to me, I pointed my gun at him.

don't shoot he says friendly and I give him a good 15 seconds to go down this ladder in open.

then pops back and shoots me while I'm typing >:(

What?...Me personaly...I just can't...I can't just kill a guy that has just spoken to me in side chat...No it feels like ...Real person..You don't do that...Whoever types in the chat, fck him i don't hear his voice...It's a robot, can't trust it! :D

You just DON'T kill guy that goes into the open, talks to you and is willing to do whatever you want.

Edited by OntyCZE
  • Like 7

I didn't laugh like this for ages.

I am glad my pain bring you laughter, merry Christmas and a happy new year! <3

• Like 1

Had three situations where somebody else was coming into my vicinity...

the first one was near Cherno in one of these new "settlements" in the hills. I was looking for my buddies body (didnt know bodies disappear instantly after a kill). I thought he might have seen it, so I followed him. Wanted to shoot him first, but didnt have any mags for my pistol, so i followed him down the hill and held him up. talked to him a few words and asked him about the body. Since he said he didnt see him, I let him go.

The second one was on the NE-Airfield. I was looting and suddenly a guy comes up the stairs into the tower... gave me an adrenaline-kick... he drew back, so I was able to calm down. he didnt speak or write, so I paid attention and he left the building. I had a pistol with mags back then, so he was lucky. But I didnt stop paying attention and did go on looting through the hangars... when he appeared again. this time I aimed at him, but he kept his distance and I drew back... into the barracks or whatever military-building there is. Found an M4 there and some more good equipment... and with that stuff I left...

but on my way to the NW-Airfield, where my buddies were waiting I made a stop in Devils Castle. But the loot there is residential-loot, on the top floor of the tower - and its bugged below the floor. I was on my way out on the door, when some dude appeared right in front of me. I strafed to the left to be secure, put my weapon up and waited what he would do. I told him to get his gun down, I want to leave... So he made place and I did put my gun down... and when I came out there were two more people standing there... but they did let me leave, without holding me up. Fifty meters away from the castle I had a disconnect. I logged in again and did find myself in the tower again. Yelled "Oh, hey, disconnect!" into voicechat and ran out. But I dont think they were hostile or did even realize that I was suddenly in their midst.

Later when we were on the airfield and running towards the barracks in the forest we saw a guy, five meters left of us on the treeline. I did lie down immediately, but my mate shot at him and hit him in the leg. Luckily that stranger could get behind the house soon enough. Afterwards I discussed with my buddy about KoS a bit and told him I dont like shooting random people.

I just think: if you shoot other people on sight, they will start shooting other people on sight... and in the end its getting a Deathmatch-Game again... and thats nothing I want. sure, I had more opportunities to kill somebody then I can remember - but mostly I didnt. I was not in need of anything they might have had or whatever, so why not leave them alone?

And dont tell me "because they would kill you instantly!" - I dont care what they would do.

Also! Before I kill somebody... I have two pairs of handcuffs with me. I can hold somebody up, Pack him down and leave him there until he gets free. That gives me enough time to get away.

• Like 8

omg! its simple!! idk why dean cant put this in game!! Survivors and bandits!!! wanna KoS be bandit, wanna survive and help be survivor! cmoon

While this was kind of funny to watch, I don't understand why they shot? You didn't seem like threat, you were even putting up your hands.

I would've honestly just checked for a can opener and let you drop your gun. After that, I would've let you run off happily ever after... without a gun and can opener. :P

Edited by ClassifyLP

It's the path of least resistance syndrome. It's much easier to just shoot someone in the face and take their gear, than to actually interact with another human being. That would just be too damned hard!

No its not. Usually bodies despawn pretty fast after you kill somebody/-thing. Killing somebody would only bring a death to the person you killed but you yourself wouldnt have any gains. :/

Also! Before I kill somebody... I have two pairs of handcuffs with me. I can hold somebody up, Pack him down and leave him there until he gets free. That gives me enough time to get away.

Well about that.. last time a mate hancuffed me just for fun. I wanted him, he had keys dunno what the plan was but he cuffed me. I stood up and walked excactly three steps. Got free.. prestine handcuffs. But i agree with u. I try to no shoot guys as well. Except i need stuff they have. I mean u cant rob people that wont cooperate, and most wont tell just "combat log"..

omg! its simple!! idk why dean cant put this in game!! Survivors and bandits!!! wanna KoS be bandit, wanna survive and help be survivor! cmoon

This isn't red vs. blue, team fortress 2, etc. It's a sandbox survival game.  Making people "pick" a side, would be lame.

• Like 1

Dead bodies (players) do not disappear instantly. I've seen it lying for several minutes.

Anyway, making player bodies disappear instantly (two seconds) might reduce the rate of killing for easy loot.

Its already inGame, that you destroy the stuff inside peoples clothes when you shoot them. Shooting them in their heads will sadly destroy nothing but the helmet. :/

So: If you go out in the open like that... dont get shot into the head. make them get nothing from your kill! nade yourself! ALLAH A... oh, wait. wrong game. :D

(sorry, I am tired. I talk more crap as usual when I am in this state. :/ )

Edited by GlaucomysDragon

Why would you try to get in touch with them anyway?

Because I come from Dayzrp.com, which is a role playing server. Here we prioritize PLAYER INTERACTION over just cold blooded murder. If I wanted to just shoot, dayz is not the game for that, but rather bf4 or cod.  

While this was kind of funny to watch, I don't understand why they shot? You didn't seem like threat, you were even putting up your hands.

I would've honestly just checked for a can opener and let you drop your gun. After that, I would've let you run off happily ever after... without a gun and can opener.  :P

I am not upset about losing my gear, what I am upset about that they did zero attempt on trying to have some interaction. I mean, I had my hands up, they could of told me to drop my weapon, or handcuff me and take my stuff. But instead they shot me and gained nothing out of it. 

It's the path of least resistance syndrome. It's much easier to just shoot someone in the face and take their gear, than to actually interact with another human being. That would just be too damned hard!

With the current patch they did not get my gear, being unable to release and have to exit the server, the corpse disappears. So, they just avoided the player interaction, got nothing out of it. Killed a man with his hands up, 360 no scope 1337 skills? Nah.  :D Atleast I got a funny video out of it!

No its not. Usually bodies despawn pretty fast after you kill somebody/-thing. Killing somebody would only bring a death to the person you killed but you yourself wouldnt have any gains. :/

Exactly! Which is the fun part of the video! They were so dumb, and horny for gear. In the end they gained nothing. 

• Like 1

Its already inGame, that you destroy the stuff inside peoples clothes when you shoot them. Shooting them in their heads will sadly destroy nothing but the helmet. :/

So: If you go out in the open like that... dont get shot into the head. make them get nothing from your kill! nade yourself! ALLAH A... oh, wait. wrong game. :D

(sorry, I am tired. I talk more crap as usual when I am in this state. :/ )

thats true but unfortunately there are no drawbacks to things being in a ruined state other than they do not soak up damage from small attacks like zombies and fists. oh well and the scopes look shitty, but that's about it :D

If someone surrendered to me i would not shoot him but these guys clearly don't know how to play lol