frostknivez

[OUTDATED] DayZ: The Ultimate Loot Route

dayz_ultime.jpg

THIS IS OUTDATED AND WILL BE OF NO USE

Hello survivors of Chernarus. As many of you know, there is a very limited amount of loot in this game currently, and it is very hard to get geared up. In this "Ultimate Loot Route" I will show you one of the best and easiest loot routes to get geared up in DayZ. Follow these simple steps and you will be all geared up to fight the zombie apocalypse.

Step 1 - Joining a server: You will need to join a server with the least amount of people as possible. Max people 10, this will mean the loot would not have been taken by any other survivors.

EDIT: This step might not work, the server could have been populated before and the loot already taken. If anything, try to join a server that you know has been recently restarted. (Thank you h0nkX for notifying me of this)

Step 2 - Working out where you've spawned (Skip this if you're already alive and know where you are): You will need to work out where you've spawned and this is possible by looking at signs. "but da sines r all in russian!!1111" you might say. Yes... but because I like you :3

Russian                                  English

Электрозаводск               Elektrozavodsk (Elektro)

Черногорск                     Chernogorsk (Cherno)

Балота                                  Balota

Солнечный                             Solnichniy

Пригородки                             Prigorodki

Новый Собор                          Novy Sobor

Комарово                             Komarovo

Камышово                           Kamyshovo

Каменка                              Kamenka

Step 3 - Making our way to Balota: "y balota frestknifezz??" You may ask, it's because there are 3 barracks in Balota airfield + 2 high loot military buildings. Now, if you followed my instructions above by joining a low populated server, you will have all the loot to yourself and hopefully, nobody has taken any of it.

chernarus_dayz_forums_jay_peg.jpg

That gives you a brief idea on where you have to go to get to Balota. I didn't bother adding in Novy Sobor because you're fucked anyway if you spawn there.

Step 4 - Looting Balota: Before you make your way on to the airfield, you might want to loot the houses in Balota first to find any food, bags, clothing or anything you might need because this might be your only chance. Try to find a can opener/knife/screwdriver because you're going to get extremely hungry on this trip.

Once you have looted the houses, make your way onto the airfield using the bottom left corner entrance. From there you want to loot the 3 barracks. DO NOT just go running in there like a retard, check your surroundings for zombies or survivors. After the barracks have been looted, make your way across the airfield to the greenish/whitish dull looking building (the prison) opposite the 2 barracks on the grass. This building has extremely high value military loot including food, melee weapons, pistols, M4A1's, ammo for both. I even found medical supplies in their once so it's a building you can't not loot (if that makes sence)

Once you have striped that building down to nothing, it's time to make your way over to the second military building on the other side of the airfield. Make your way over and loot it for everything it has. If you are confused about this, here is a shitty picture showing the Balota route.

balota_route_jay_peg.jpg

(Optional) You could check the small "military base" just below the airfield, I don't recommend it because there isn't much loot there anyway.

Step 5 - Making our way to Dubky: If you didn't know, Dubky is one of the many new citys in Chernarus plus. It is also the place where the 5 flats are just above Balota. In Dubky, there are a set of garages each containing extremely valuable loot including food, water, medical supplies, clothing, ammunition, tools and many many more things you will need for survival. (Food is pretty rare in these garages, that's why i said to loot the Balota houses before). Also, in these garages you will more than likely find a payday mask (Dallas, Hoxton or Wolf) AND an awesome gas mask to scare the shit out of new players.

Here is the route you have to take to get from Balota to the garages in Dubky.

balota_to_dubky.jpg

Yes I know it is an extremely long trip, might take you 5-6 hours at least #sarcasm . But when you finally get there, you want to loot all of the garages there, every single one of them. Don't leave without looking in and looting all the garages, there will be some extremely helpful stuff in there. You can also loot the rest of the city as well if you're really in need of supplies.

Step 6 - Making our way to the military base: Correct me if i'm wrong, but there are 2 main military bases in Chernarus plus. We will make our way from Dubky to the closest military base which is located just above Kamenka. I will show you the easiest way on getting to there with only a little chance of getting lost.

Make your way to the end of this road here where it splits of into different directions.

dubky_garages.jpg

Next, you want to keep going forward in the direction where the road ends. Like this

dubky_to_base.jpg

If you did this correctly, you should end up right outside/inside the military base. You will know it's the base when you see chain fence's in a dark forest.

Step 7 (Final Step) - Looting the military base: So, now that you're inside of the military base, we need to loot it. The reason why I am making this step is because there are a few barracks that people miss because they are pretty hidden. Here are all the barracks inside of the military base.

military_base.jpg

After you have looted the base, you should now be geared up for the zombie apocalypse. REMEMBER this is a route for starting, it just gets you all the guns, ammo, food, clothing... ect that you need. There are still many places on the map where high value loot can be found. This is just a starter. 

I hope this route helped you, please tell me what you think. Thank you

Additional loot locations:

The tents/small military base below Balota: These tents have the small things you might need/want for your survival. These include attachments for guns, bags and other small bits of loot you might be looking for.

The 2 hospitals and 2 shops in Dubky: The shops and hospitals in Dubky contain food, medical supplies and other bits of loot like batteries, head torches, bags, vests, gun holders and more. You might want to check it out before you go to the military base. Just go up the road from the garages.

Edited by FrostKnivEz
  • Like 3

If there is anything I need to edit, please tell me. I haven't even read this over yet :P

Thank you for sharing the very route I use to others :P there goes my survivability time :)

Thank you for sharing the very route I use to others :P there goes my survivability time :)

Whoops xD

Don't worry, I don't think this post will even get popular anyway :P

Yeah I use several variants of this, have had to modify due to new places found.

North of NWAF tent city there is another prison! Always my first point of call when I head off to loot the NWAF now.

But a great method I'm using right now is camping barracks night servers ohh they make it so easy.

Yeah I use several variants of this, have had to modify due to new places found.

North of NWAF tent city there is another prison! Always my first point of call when I head off to loot the NWAF now.

But a great method I'm using right now is camping barracks night servers ohh they make it so easy.

Another prison??? Tell me where this is :DD I want to try it out

I don't think you mentioned the apartments between Cherno and Balota. They are above the Tree line. The garages there have a lot of loot (mostly clothing) and other useful tools. 

Another prison??? Tell me where this is :DD I want to try it out

Bashnya ( I'm not swearing it's the name of the place )

wtf is this?

A starting route for getting high value loot, if you would read the title and the beginning paragraph 

Bashnya ( I'm not swearing it's the name of the place )

Ok, thank you :D I'll have to make my way up to there, I still have yet to explore the new part of the map

good work here, u might wanna adjust that:

Step 1 - Joining a server: You will need to join a server with the least amount of people as possible. Max people 10, this will mean the loot would not have been taken by any other survivors.

That just mean the chance of gettin in touch with other players on that server is less then 40/40. If the server is alive for hours and was visited before by many players all the loot is gone too.

btw, i like this one (takes bit more walking): kamenka/komarova (some food/drinks) -> militarybase above (what u get, military/medi/clothes) -> pavlovo (more food/drinks) -> zelenogorks (much more food/drinks, military/medi/clothes) -> maybe a sidetrip to Vybor -> NWAF/airfield above Vybor (ubergear).

balota, cherno and elktro 'r rude places, often gutted and protected by silly killers - never managed it to get me that "ubergear" on the coast,

Edited by Guest

good work here, u might wanna adjust that:

That just mean the chance of gettin in touch with other players on that server is less then 40/40. If the server is alive for hours and was visited before by many players all the loot is gone too.

Ahh, good point.

The only reason I put that is because it works for me. Every time I join a low populated server, hardly any loot has been taken. But yes, you do have a point. I will change it.

Very detailed guide! Nicely done  :D Although I disagree that it is difficult to gear up. I hope they make it more challenging. All I do is pick up a mountain pack in Balota, find a Mosin in Cherno, then head up to Northwest for more ammo and clothing and the military camp next to the airfield is good for attachments.

A very nice route and a well laid out guide for new players, only thing I would add is that there is a police building (the one with a jail cell inside that can also be found on Balota airstrip) in Dubsky not far from the garages which is always a great place to search for possible ammo, m4A1's and other military loot before you head out of Dubsky.

Military base in zelenogorsk, Green mountain prison building, Base west of kababino, NWAF itself. Those are the high end destinations after looting that military base.

I'm correcting the mistakes I've made :P

If there is anymore info I need to add, tell meh.

God I cannot wait until loot is much more random, sparse and forces people to spread out.  Bolota is now a deathmatch zone, and will get worse once newer players see this.

I've said this several times, I honestly think that the military bases should have a much lower opportunity to spawn a full kit then they currently do.  The thought is for me that, during whatever event took place to kill most civilians and create zombies, the military would have been deployed, leaving a good chance mostof their equipment is gone, and spread out.  Chances are also, that civilians before our time in game may have looted the military corpses, and taken some supplies back to their stronghold (perhaps a hotel, a tent in the woods, or something other then the super obvious military base).  Brings a bit more variety in the game, keeps it difficult, and encourages exploration, which is rewarded with a variety of loot everywhere you go.  I hope they keep military loot sparse, and distribute it across the map.

Once they do this, 'how to gear up' guides will be virtually useless, and people will actually have to think for themselves.  can't wait.

God I cannot wait until loot is much more random, sparse and forces people to spread out.  Bolota is now a deathmatch zone.

You're right there, if me and my group get bored at all or can not find any bandits, we just head down to Balota Airfield, almost always guranteed to run into some douche bags shooting new spawns the problem is when you clear the bandits out other players are attracted to the shots and believe your the bandits, so most of the time we leave sharpish once we dealt with the bandits or it just turns into a right mess.