Sign in to follow this  
Jozinh0

How long till it's like the Mod??

Basically, when DayZ was launched, I had never before heard of it.. So I thought: Should I buy the game, or buy Arma and mod?

Now, I certainly regret not modding Arma. After watching a couple of Frankies vids, I really want DayZ SA to evole to that level. And not in a year..

Can anyone give a rough estimate? Will it ever become as many weapons, things to do and stuff like that in SA?

1. It's early stage ALPHA.. hasn't even been out a full month yet

2. You should read the ANNOUNCEMENTS SECTION and specifically the thread about upcoming additions

3. Given the current state of the Alpha compared to the MOD (which I've never played, only followed as an outsider) I would say 1 year is a solid estimate since it was MORE than a year from the time the SA was announced to the time the ALPHA (remember this is an ALPHA) was released

At least you only had to pay $30 for it

Edited by BLFonsworth

Will it ever become as many weapons, things to do and stuff like that in SA?

Nope... they made an artistic decision and will be removing guns/gear soon as well as other functionality, they really want the game to be more primitive and had no intention of expanding it... ever. 

Did you really ask that not knowing the answer?

Edited by Mercules

Ohh god.. I'd really hope they try and do things different then what they did in the MOD.

Basically, when DayZ was launched, I had never before heard of it.. So I thought: Should I buy the game, or buy Arma and mod?

Now, I certainly regret not modding Arma. After watching a couple of Frankies vids, I really want DayZ SA to evole to that level. And not in a year..

Can anyone give a rough estimate? Will it ever become as many weapons, things to do and stuff like that in SA?

Standalone is better than the mod imo, runs better, zombies better, no stupid building houses