Shrapnel (DayZ)

Carebear Detection Alarm! *Alarm Sounds*

Stop telling people to shut up' date=' you're part of the problem. You have this delusion that Rocket is one of you, he's not, and here's the proof:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14753

He wants everyone to suggest things, he wants to hear from the PVE and the PVP crowd, he wants new ideas, and he wants the kind of elitism that this thread is born from to stop. You are not some kind of vanguard protecting "the true way," you are the hipster he addresses in the third paragraph. You're nothing more than an alpha tester, just like everyone else. Maybe you should make some of your own suggestions for the mod instead of complaining about the other people that are actually doing what Rocket wants them to do.

[/quote']

Very nice post from rocket there. He addresses the issue perfectly there. There is no room for civil discussion because of the random hatred can spring on an issue. In this situation we find that more often than not any suggestion that would make the game less hardcore in the slightest is immediatly shut down with the random hatred coming from the more hardcore group usually ending up in constant berating and name calling. It is ridiculous.

-signed.

pls make this game so fuckin hard none of those dumped-down CoD generation will find it fun to play, so it filters out only the best of the best: us.

Im not taking sides on either the PvE or PvP players, sure ive killed in self defense, ive also killed for fun.

Your assuming that because i post hate against the people who post anti-pvp suggestions that im some "uber bandit with pr0 wepaons and gear sitting in cherno camping newbies."

Well im not, im the person playing the game for the fun of the hardcore survival aspect. Im open to suggestions, as long as they dont degrade the hardcore survival aspect.

My opinion is my own, and it seems that many share the same interests.

So people that have shit for brains suggest shit ideas and people that actually have an IQ above 50 call them out on their shit makes them more in touch with the developers while inflating their egos? Ok

-signed.

pls make this game so fuckin hard none of those dumped-down CoD generation will find it fun to play' date=' so it filters out only the best of the best: us.

[/quote']

Exhibit A: anyway i'm off for tonight. I'll check up on this tomorrow if I remember.

You have to understand, they just want to game to get so hard that only a few "hardcore" players are left and they can all sit around talking about how badass they all are for still being here. They confuse difficulty with realism and also forget that in the end this is still a game and if a game is not fun people will quit, and the more people that quit the less likely the game or "MOD" will have any real future.

Stop telling people to shut up' date=' you're part of the problem. You have this delusion that Rocket is one of you, he's not, and here's the proof:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14753

He wants everyone to suggest things, he wants to hear from the PVE and the PVP crowd, he wants new ideas, and he wants the kind of elitism that this thread is born from to stop. You are not some kind of vanguard protecting "the true way," you are the hipster he addresses in the third paragraph. You're nothing more than an alpha tester, just like everyone else. Maybe you should make some of your own suggestions for the mod instead of complaining about the other people that are actually doing what Rocket wants them to do.

[/quote']

Very nice post from rocket there. He addresses the issue perfectly there. There is no room for civil discussion because of the random hatred can spring on an issue. In this situation we find that more often than not any suggestion that would make the game less hardcore in the slightest is immediatly shut down with the random hatred coming from the more hardcore group usually ending up in constant berating and name calling. It is ridiculous.

If you read some of my previous posts, i mention exactly what you just said, again you people forget to read the entire thread before posting!

Seriously...?

These forums are horrible, so much emotion and so little rationality.

I agree about the suggestions, I'm going to make an effort to rate all the crap with 1 star. And try to bump the good ones.

You have to understand' date=' they just want to game to get so hard that only a few "hardcore" players are left and they can all sit around talking about how badass they all are for still being here. They confuse difficulty with realism and also forget that in the end this is still a game and if a game is not fun people will quit, and the more people that quit the less likely the game or "MOD" will have any real future.

[/quote']

IMO you're wrong.

People want the game to be hard because so few other games out there are. AAA games nowadays are marketed to the masses by holding your hand every step of the way and making it nice and easy with a shallow learning curve.

It's rare to see a game that actually puts you in a position of weakness, forces you to move carefully and think before you act. These things are what makes the game exciting, and somehow I doubt it will be as off-putting to newbies as some people think it will. As long as the challenge isn't insurmountable, people will keep trying.

Guys' date=' what's a carebear?

[/quote']

Its a term widely used to describe a person who complains about the harder aspects of a game, asking for change and ways to make the game easier.

Thats my description of a Carebear. Google might say differently.

You have to understand' date=' they just want to game to get so hard that only a few "hardcore" players are left and they can all sit around talking about how badass they all are for still being here. They confuse difficulty with realism and also forget that in the end this is still a game and if a game is not fun people will quit, and the more people that quit the less likely the game or "MOD" will have any real future.

[/quote']

And you have to understand, this is a mod of a milsim, where a good chunk of the community comes from said milsim, or other similar minded games. We came here because we wanted the challenge, the masochistic playstyle is preferred to the ADHD hipshooting fests of other games. We didn't ask for a newer more casual minded crowd to come, I don't know about any of the other April players, but it was a much better experience back then. We didn't have KoS until these...things showed up. We didn't have pages of whining about bandits, or suggestions about putting flamethrowers in the game. It was quiet, respectful, and progressing just fine without the influx of new players.

[/quote']

No, everyone that says what you said is missing the point. You are right, this is a "game." That doesn't mean that every and all suggestions made should be included into the game. This game is supposed to be a zombie apocalypse simulator. If it wasn't, then why the fuck have it as a mod for ArmA 2, a military simulator? Why the fuck have perma death? Why the fuck do we spawn with nothing but a flashlight, a bandage and painkillers? All of these point to a game that is supposed to be hard and about survival.

We, the "hardcore" players, as you call us, do not want to exclude everybody bar ourselves from the game. We welcome new players as it adds to the game. What we do not want is shitheads making retarded suggestions. They don't stop to think of what the mod is about, what it's core experience is supposed to be, and just spout meaningless ideas that won't make it into the game unless rocket suddenly decided he wanted Activision to make the game instead of him.

The beautiful thing about this mod, is that it's only as hard as you make it.

If you wanna sprint through town, shooting at anything that moves, then don't come running onto the forums moaning about how hard the game is becoming. If anything, the majority of the features that have been added are to significantly increase your chances of survival, so long as you play the game in a survivalist manner. If you keep low, keep cautious, and consider your options before spontaneously doing them, then I really don't understand how you can begin to kick off about how the game is progressively becoming more difficult.

Oh shit' date=' the anti-hate police have arrived.

Please fuck off, defending the overgrown stupidity of some of the people is only going to get you hated as much as they are.

[/quote']

Not defending them at all. People who post suggestions in general with poor grammar, with ideas that don't make sense(From a engine standpoint or the theme of Day Z standpoint), and/or while insulting the team behind DayZ are ignorant and immature, at times idiots.

Not carebears. Get off your high hardcore horse. We are all gamers, if someone wants to recommend features in a good manner in the appropriate forum they should be able to do it without being labeled with all the idiots because there feature wasn't hardcore enough or if it was too 'mainstream'.

Goodness, mainstream and casual two words I cringe when I see using to label some gamers.

Again, another person misses the point.

If you read some of my previous posts in this thread, youll understand who my hate is pointed at, please do me a favor and READ THE FUCKING THREAD before posting anything. It really prevents me from re-posting the same shit over and over again.

Also, i think ill stay on my 'high horse', since arrogance seems to piss you off. I dont like you because you cant take the time to read the pages, or even skim over the 4 pages to get an idea where the conversation has gone.

EDIT: Also, This:

A bit of organization makes a big deal when a mod becomes this popular.

"The shit pool's gettin full Randy' date=' time to strain the shit before it overflows. I will not have a Pompeiian shit catastrophe on my hands"

[/quote']

I see a person labeling people who suggest things badly as carebears. Makes no sense. They are ignorant idiots. Carebears is a term used by elitist on gamers who want a game that does everything for them, am I not wrong?

If you read some of my previous posts' date=' i mention exactly what you just said, again you people forget to read the entire thread before posting!

Seriously...?

[/quote']

As long as you're telling people to stop giving suggestions that are against your rhetoric, you're going against what Rocket wants. So someone wants martian cows, Rocket makes clear here he would rather hear it and dismiss it than have an army of hipsters trying to dissuade people from making the suggestion at all. Unless somewhere in this thread you said "Please ignore the title and first posts I put up, I've completely reversed my stance." then it doesn't matter what you posted.

You see, People take a look at this thread and think "Oh its just another 'hate-on-the-newbies' Thread without logic or thought"

When the reason for posting this is to bring all the smart people here to discuss the bullshit going on about the suggestions, Everything up until page 4 is rant, after that it gets good, turns into an actual conversation with solid points and interesting facts.

Until now nobody had the balls to post something like this, and because i posted this, i got a 40% warning level! I took a hit to point out the bullshit, what have you done? Complain that a zombie killed you?

I thank all the logical people that have followed the thread and stuck by there word. I will check the thread in the morning.

Goodnight.

@Aaron: You are a bit over the top with that. I never liked Arma or Arma2. I bought this for this mod cause that setting is really nice.

I came to this mod in the end of April after seeing some Videos of this Mod.

I fell in love with this unforgiving and challenging game. And I don't have a problem with Fuel-Loaded Flamethrower suggestions. Would fit in if you ask me.

I was always a sandbox player and an older MMO Player who still knows the Full Loot Open PvP Games of the past.

More people - more opinions. Many of the newer people don't complain. We are having great fun with this mod and will adapt every new thing.

Never had a game before where Gunfights are so much Adrenalin based.

Ans so many people new people will find out that this mod is challenging and great fun and begin to play. But all will have different playstyles and different things in mind. As long as players who barely played the game don't come here and suggest Punishment or "Balance" (Balance in their words mostly means that game should change that they don't die) Im fine with it.

So please stop flaming all newer and all Not-Arma players for a few people who spam the forums with strange suggestions.

Post a suggestion about differentiating bandits so that co-op is more accessible? NOPE! CAREBEAR! OFF WITH HIS HEAD! Dont let him explain that the idea is not even remotely about the game being more "carebear" Just tell him he is mentally disabled! Yeah...

How about no? You crazy elitist bastard.

/austin powers reference

@Aaron: You are a bit over the top with that. I never liked Arma or Arma2. I bought this for this mod cause that setting is really nice.

I came to this mod in the end of April after seeing some Videos of this Mod.

I fell in love with this unforgiving and challenging game. And I don't have a problem with Fuel-Loaded Flamethrower suggestions. Would fit in if you ask me.

I was always a sandbox player and an older MMO Player who still knows the Full Loot Open PvP Games of the past.

More people - more opinions. Many of the newer people don't complain. We are having great fun with this mod and will adapt every new thing.

Never had a game before where Gunfights are so much Adrenalin based.

Ans so many people new people will find out that this mod is challenging and great fun and begin to play. But all will have different playstyles and different things in mind. As long as players who barely played the game don't come here and suggest Punishment or "Balance" (Balance in their words mostly means that game should change that they don't die) Im fine with it.

So please stop flaming all newer and all Not-Arma players for a few people who spam the forums with strange suggestions.

You touched on the problem at hand here, 'spam the forums'. We weren't suggesting that people cannot post their ideas, we were simply asking that

1) Post your suggestions in the SUGGESTIONS forum, that's where they go

2) Don't suggest something wildly outlandish outside the scope of the game itself, i.e. the posts about horses and, no joke, a multi-page thread about adding rape to the game

3) Make an outline and pin it at the top of the forums, enforce the rules. We don't need 100 topics about the bandit system, limited spawn items, loot spawns, etc. It's been done before, rocket tried to stem it with his 20 words or less threads but it doesn't work when they aren't stickied.

We aren't asking for much, just a bit of house cleaning.

I think the "hardcore" factor is part of what draws some people to this mod, at least it is for me. I've always regarded Arma2 as being the most realistic and unforgiving military game out there, and that realism is part of what makes DayZ fun, because it forces you to slow down. You can't run and gun kill-streaks and be a one man army like you can in other games, and you can't mow down a hoard of zombies like a lawn mower. Hell just the other day I got overwhelmed by zombies even with an AK in my hands. That's what makes it fun and interesting, is the fact that you need to slow and think about what you're doing; you need to think about what consequences your actions will have in regards to zombies. Add on top of that the fact that you're also facing off against the deadliest prey of all, without the benefit of assigned "teams." That suspense of if you can trust people, or even if teaming with certain people is going to ultimately be worth it or if they're just going to drag you down is unique to DayZ. I think that's why some people are opposed to certain suggestions that "dumb down" game play, because they seem to cheapen the hardcore element

If you don't think other people agree at least a little, then I ask you how else did the game go from having a handful of servers that you didn't even need a scroll bar to sift through to a list so big it's sometimes hard to find the same one twice?

@Aaron: -snip-

You touched on the problem at hand here' date=' 'spam the forums'. We weren't suggesting that people cannot post their ideas, we were simply asking that

1) Post your suggestions in the SUGGESTIONS forum, that's where they go

2) Don't suggest something wildly outlandish outside the scope of the game itself, i.e. the posts about horses and, no joke, a multi-page thread about adding rape to the game

3) Make an outline and pin it at the top of the forums, enforce the rules. We don't need 100 topics about the bandit system, limited spawn items, loot spawns, etc. It's been done before, rocket tried to stem it with his 20 words or less threads but it doesn't work when they aren't stickied.

We aren't asking for much, just a bit of house cleaning.

[/quote']

Aaron, i couldn't have said it better myself. This is EXACTLY what needs to happen.

Again for people who missed it, This thread is NOT to discourage people from making suggestions, there just needs to be some rules set to prevent stupidity from overwhelming the Suggestions Board.

Im not sure about the rest of you guys' date=' but my Carebear detection alarm has been driving me crazy.

The suggestion board is filled with: "Make Bandits show up on the map! Punish them!" or "Make NPC Traders that travel!" or "Add more powerful weapons and easier to find!" or Some other random and stupid shit.

I understand that everyone has the right to make a suggestion, but what makes people think that adding bigger guns, asking for God to smite Bandits for killing people, and adding MMORPG features would even be considered?

This is a Hardcore Zombie Apocalypse Simulator, made to be hard, and its Going to get harder.

If any of you carebears are reading this right now, i want you to grow some fucking balls and help improve current game mechanics instead of spitting out ideas that go against the games theme.

TL;DR = This is my rant on idiots posting the most fucking retarded ideas ever, if you post against it, prepare for an argument.

Again, GROW SOME FUCKING BALLS! Or quit and go back to your cookie-cutter games.

[/quote']

Only thing i want (that is still getting me the carebear stamp) is more incentives for teamwork. So that this game stops being a pure PvP shooter with some zombies tacked on top.

Again for people who missed it' date=' This thread is NOT to discourage people from making suggestions, there just needs to be some rules set to prevent stupidity from overwhelming the Suggestions Board.

[/quote']

The thread I linked is the closest thing Rocket has done to trying to set rules and not only does this entire topic do everything he said not to do, you've pretty much ignored said rules cause they didn't suit your purposes. Maybe THAT is why you have a warning level on you. So once again, your Rules, as set forth by Rocket himself:

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14753