Clevaleva

Nutritional Info and Muscle Ingame

This idea may seem a bit far fetched as it is, but bear with me.

This game is aiming to be a simulatior, and since I've played the Dayz mod, and now into the Dayz standalone, I'm noticing that bag weight does not affect running speed. Also I'm noticing that any melee weapon short of an axe is incredibly weak ingame, So imagine this...

Muscles.

Within the game, with the right nutrition (E.g eat a lot of meat in-game to get those proteins, maybe add protein shakes as a consumable, a constructable gym), you build muscle, the muscle you build would affect your characters build, make you look more bulky obviously, and would also Affect the speed at which you run with a lot of gear (Cause I am expecting bag weight to be implemented) and the melee damage you output.

Nowto move onto the nutritional information more in-depth.

Energy drinks would more increase running speeds, and give temporary boosts. While foods high in carbohydrates would give more energy to your player to allow him to maintain a higher speed run longer. You could also get vitamins from foods. That leads to another cool feature that could be implemented, scurvy. When your player hasn't had access to healthy foods rich in vitamins, he gets sick.

I could have made this much more indepth, but I didn't want to make it a massive read.

Thoughts? Questions? Criticism?

Yes I am a gym junky. 

• Like 3

I like the fact that you've proposed a lengthy in depth-idea, we need more people doing this, however I'm not really a big fan of most of it.

The only bit I think would work is the gaining of muscle mass to carry heavier equipment. the additon of protein shakes and constructable gyms would be (like you said) far fetched.

But either way this is just my opinion, beans for the detail behind your idea man

• Like 1

I think the problem with this is the length of time you'd have to stay alive to notice any result, like in real life. But in DayZ, most people get themselves killed in a matter of hours, so I find it hard to justify asking the devs to spend their time and effort programming it in.

• Like 2

There was another post somewhere, something along the lines of - I got robbed, I might as well have just been shot. It was basically all about your character meaning nothing and you being defined by your gear. There were suggestions on how to make people care about their character. I think your idea is an excellent one and would also work towards the "caring about you character" problem.

You should start weak and malnourished and as you start to survive and strive get fitter and stronger just as you say. I think it would also be good if the more muscular you are the more you must eat and illness/malnutrition should start to degrade your muscle.

In short, excellent idea!

• Like 2

Yeah,lets make it gta sa(san andreas,cj ate alot was a fatass,worked out was a real swag gansta)

Rocket should build us a gym!

I think the problem with this is the length of time you'd have to stay alive to notice any result, like in real life. But in DayZ, most people get themselves killed in a matter of hours, so I find it hard to justify asking the devs to spend their time and effort programming it in.

I see what you say there, but the devs said they are going to implement buildable structures, by the time that happens your character should have somewhere to dwell and be safe, and like I said, it is far fetched.

There was another post somewhere, something along the lines of - I got robbed, I might as well have just been shot. It was basically all about your character meaning nothing and you being defined by your gear. There were suggestions on how to make people care about their character. I think your idea is an excellent one and would also work towards the "caring about you character" problem.

You should start weak and malnourished and as you start to survive and strive get fitter and stronger just as you say. I think it would also be good if the more muscular you are the more you must eat and illness/malnutrition should start to degrade your muscle.

In short, excellent idea!

I didn't really think about that, but I see now. At the moment i can fully gear within an hour, and am not really phased about getting killed. If this idea were to be added in i would be content with statying alive to keep my progress towards my hulk character.

And I do second the idea about starting malnourished, it would add another element to the game to consider if you want a character worth saving.

This game is aiming to be a simulatior

Do you see it as a simulation game?

Hall: No.

That said, I do like the idea of nutritional content and a "balanced diet" creating a healthier player. But build a gym? We're all running like 100 miles per day with like 50kg of gear on our backs, I don't think we need a gym to get in shape.

• Like 1

Protein =/= muscle. Protein + muscle tearing through heavy weights = muscle. There is nothing you're doing in game that is going to make your character gain 'bulk' except maybe running around with a backpack full of cans and stuff.

Edited by CDriVe1335

That said, I do like the idea of nutritional content and a "balanced diet" creating a healthier player. But build a gym? We're all running like 100 miles per day with like 50kg of gear on our backs, I don't think we need a gym to get in shape.

I've been beaten already, god dammit, time to devote my time and money to satanism... oh wait.

I see what you're pointing out here, im not saying to rocket "Hey look at me, input my idea or I'm going to kidnap you and hold you ransom and force feed you a rotten kiwi fruit!" I could try that, but that would slow development.

I'm just trying to add my 5 cents and put an idea that could benefit the game in the future.

Protein =/= muscle. Protein + muscle tearing through heavy weights = muscle. There is nothing you're doing in game that is going to make your character gain 'bulk' except maybe running around with a backpack full of cans and stuff.

You still tear muscle by running that requires atleast the average daily intake of protein (56g), without this amount you would lose mass becoming a skinny fellow and in the end losing leg strength and endurance. For bulking you do need a gym, that's why I suggested that, but remember, I am getting incredibly ahead of myself. But even then push ups, sit-ups, and squats with bodyweight are sufficient to maintain a good physique. Like I said, far fetched.

• Like 1

Didn't notice that black text, I'm such a silly bugger. 50kg of gear on your backpack would hit your lower back and legs, still need to aim for the pectoralis, biceps, triceps etc.