Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticRambo

How to aim melee weapons

So, I really feel like a newb asking this, but I honestly can't for the life of me figure out how to aim the melee weapons.

All I know for sure is that they are deffinetly not hitting at the location of the crosshair.

I am playing in first person view using a fire axe and it takes me like 10 swings to kill a zombie, which I know means I missed 9/10 hits.

So do you need to adjust your crosshair right or left, or...?

EDIT:  and yes, I do know to hit space bar to bring up the weapon before trying to use it :)

Edited by ChaoticRambo

I think the "hit zone" follow the movement of the axe.

To one shot a zeds with a axe, I generally wait for him to run on me, then straff and hit when he is on my side.

If he didn't see me, I sneak behind and hit with the crosshair in the middle of his back.

With this method I succeed to oneshot kill 90% of time

I think the "hit zone" follow the movement of the axe.

To one shot a zeds with a axe, I generally wait for him to run on me, then straff and hit when he is on my side.

If he didn't see me, I sneak behind and hit with the crosshair in the middle of his back.

With this method I succeed to oneshot kill 90% of time

Thanks man,

That makes sense - kind of like Chivalry on steam, the head of the weapon is actually traveling through space.

I will have to give this a try

i found that last time i was playing, when raising the melee weapon, it would miss almost always (raised as in where the character holds it out like he is present a tropy - looks dumb)  but if you lower the weapon and then swing, it works so so much better.

so maybe try lowering your weapon? as crazy as that sounds....alpher!

Wooohoooo first post here for me, hopefully of many. I have only been playing a few weeks so bear that in mind. It appears to me that the melee system in the mod is a little buggy, but eitherway it still has to be the best vs the Z, keep the bullets for when you really need em I say.

I have found that with melee weapons its more about your position in relation to the zed. You need to be exactly 1 meter away when you strike, any more/less and you stand a very good chance of missing. I think the machette is the best melee weapon, or at least I have had more success with it. The baseball bat seems to do less damage and the axe seems to swing short

Edited by oldboots1

I have to disagree, Timing, from behind or the side to hit a zombie with a fire axe, maybe the 1st swing could miss but with zombies being abit more docile and blind because they are not fully working yet. The second swing usually hits.

Last night I killed 7 zombies, 1 survivor. With the same axe :thumbsup: