Sign in to follow this  
TracksuitHitman (DayZ)

Soda Can Sound Bug

I was in a barn in the middle of the woods. I picked up a shirt and began walking out, then I heard a soda can pop open. I thought maybe this time there was actually a player, since the sound was so loud. Turns out, there's no one there. I've had this experience multiple times and I get pissed off every time it happens. I hear a soda can open, but there's absolutely no one around. What's the problem?

• Like 4

I was in a barn in the middle of the woods. I picked up a shirt and began walking out, then I heard a soda can pop open. I thought maybe this time there was actually a player, since the sound was so loud. Turns out, there's no one there. I've had this experience multiple times and I get pissed off every time it happens. I hear a soda can open, but there's absolutely no one around. What's the problem?

Yeah I've had this as well. Either that sound is being broadcast globally or it's a background sound that is way too similar. It's always quiet.

Yes, thank you all. It scares me because the distance varies each time I hear it. I've also been having a zombie sound bug, where the sound cuts off half-way through when it starts and it turns out there's no zombie around me what-so-ever. But, I reported that bug.

I hope all the sounds that aren't linked to an actual entity are taken out of the game, whether it's these bugs or the chain link fence sound or the falling object sound. I would like to be able to use sound que's with some level of confidence.

You can make it out - if it's about half a second and no actual drinking noise it's bugged. If there is the drinking noise, someone is actually drinking.

Yeah it's the same with guns being reloaded or zombies.

:beans: For your signature. :)