Sign in to follow this  
DayZbalkan

Too many barracks and Stary Sobor tents [appeal]

All barracks will be permanently here on this map ? I hope thats isnt true.

Too many barracks atm. Every dayz veteran who play it more than 1 year know what am talking about.

Route: Balota (2x barracks) ------> Pavlovo base (3x barracks) ----->Zelenogorsk (2x barracks) ------> Veresnik base (3x barracks) ------> NWAF ( 2x barracks and lot of tents)

And Stary Sobor. What the hell u do with it ? No tents, omg. Its our favorite city for pvp and loot in dayz but now there is nothing worth it.

Problems:
- Problem is... there is rly big number of barracks and u can loot them in less than one hour running.
- Second problem is concentration barracks, all of them are on the west.
- Third problem is big number of barracks.

I think that isnt true DayZ spirit where you need lot of time to find cool gear and u dont want to die:

NOTICE: This is my opinion because i love VANILLA DAYZ  :beans:

Edited by DayZbalkan
  • Like 8

I am not a 1 year veteran, just a fresh Day Z SA player and I am full with you. Even half of it is too much.

But worse then that is gear/combat server jumping.

• Like 1

I do agree with your point. I do hope that the map is still being worked on and that the devs will balance the amount of points of interest across the whole map, so that some parts of the map are not neglected.

Edited by kraghot
  • Like 1

I do agree with this. I always played vanilla z, never bought into servers with extra military baracks everywhere. But thats sort of what we got with the SA, waaaaay too much military. I was acctualy  for less military spawns in SA lol

• Like 1

I think barrack and tent numbers and locations are fine.

I do agree that there are a good number of barracks and tents, but they are not evenly spread across the map

All barracks will be permanently here on this map ? I hope thats isnt true.

Too many barracks atm. Every dayz veteran who play it more than 1 year know what am talking about.

Route: Balota (2x barracks) ------> Pavlovo base (3x barracks) ----->Zelenogorsk (2x barracks) ------> Veresnik base (3x barracks) ------> NWAF ( 2x barracks and lot of tents)

And Stary Sobor. What the hell u do with it ? No tents, omg. Its our favorite city for pvp and loot in dayz but now there is nothing worth it.

Problems:

- Problem is... there is rly big number of barracks and u can loot them in less than one hour running.

- Second problem is concentration barracks, all of them are on the west.

- Third problem is big number of barracks.

I think that isnt true DayZ spirit where you need lot of time to find cool gear and u dont want to die:

NOTICE: This is my opinion because i love VANILLA DAYZ  :beans:

There is a military base near Kabanino you so please don't add more to that area or you will have 3 high end loot spots in one section.

I think locations and amounts are fine with a glance to the future gameplay, they will decrease the loot with each new item/weapon that is added and server population increases will even it out even more.

I don't think the quantity of barracks is the problem, it's just the difficulty to get in and the quantity of what spawns inside. Balota for instance should be a bitch to even get close to, I mean it's a military base with an airfield and a field hospital probably set up to deal with the sick from Cherno and you have the town of Balota close.... that place should be completely overrun by zombies. So if you want to loot the place you better come in numbers and prepared and even then it's a roll of the dice if you'll find something inside that was worth it.

• Like 4

What we need to remember is that loot spawn rates will change dramatically over the next year. My hypothesis is that the devs are flooding us with weapons right now to make sure they get them right. Once that is done, they will start flooding us with vehicles or something.

The increased number of barracks on the western half of the map will make loot distribution more fair when loot rates drop. Locking down the NWAF no longer makes you king of the armory.

• Like 1

Think the bigger issue is that you can just server hop and be on the same spot on another server.

I am not a 1 year veteran, just a fresh Day Z SA player and I am full with you. Even half of it is too much.

But worse then that is gear/combat server jumping.

3-4 barracks is ok, but 12+ ? NO.

Just put guns in suburbia and less guns in barracks and this way pvp will be possible everywhere and logging will be less rampant

Just put guns in suburbia and less guns in barracks and this way pvp will be possible everywhere and logging will be less rampant

Equal the whole maps in drops, or make it even more random, so sometimes we have the big drops on the east coast.

• Like 2

Second problem is Stary Sobor ? Now is Shity Sobor, there is nothing worth, better options: move tents from NWAF to Sobor. 

I have to disagree, I have played DayZ for some time (as displayed in my account creation date). A huge issue the normal vanilla DayZ you so dearly love (no disrespect) had was people camping the ONLY good lootable areas.

Those areas mainly being the airfields and stary sober. With the way it is now you have to actually spread out and loot different areas. I like that. You also need to take into account the server cap is tiny right now. When it expands this will become less and less of an issue.

I have to disagree, I have played DayZ for some time (as displayed in my account creation date). A huge issue the normal vanilla DayZ you so dearly love (no disrespect) had was people camping the ONLY good lootable areas.

Those areas mainly being the airfields and stary sober. With the way it is now you have to actually spread out and loot different areas. I like that. You also need to take into account the server cap is tiny right now. When it expands this will become less and less of an issue.

Cyrillic guy.Its stary sobor not stary sober. I guess u are overwatch or breaking point player or similar stupid mods.

All the Hospitals are on the South/East of the map. If you want medical supplies you have to stray from the wild west.

There is a hospital at the Pavlovo military base.

What we need to remember is that loot spawn rates will change dramatically over the next year. My hypothesis is that the devs are flooding us with weapons right now to make sure they get them right. Once that is done, they will start flooding us with vehicles or something.

The increased number of barracks on the western half of the map will make loot distribution more fair when loot rates drop. Locking down the NWAF no longer makes you king of the armory.

This 1000X this people forget this is still testing phase, once everything is checked we are going to get alot less m4s spawns or of the same tier. Zombies will be all over, wont be easy to just run in and out, unless you have enough ammo to deal with zombie numbers on top of that players competing for the loot as well. They keep crying about barracks and loot but is all so they know whats working and whats not working. The military bases are fine once everything polished the players will have walke/drive everywhere.