GrumpyFragger

The new North

Since I spawned near Balota ( which I avoided ) a few days ago I was wandering around gearing up and visited Polana which is now a decent City to loot compared from the "old" Polana in the mod.

Polana Factory is still the same so I went over to Berenzino, got a few more bits and pieces but was still without Gun apart from my Hachet.

Found an Monsin early after spawn but never any ammo for it so I dropped it on my way. After Berenzino I went to the Ship at Rify which got me an M4, fresh clothing and more food so I was good to go further up north to check out the new City Guba, by the amount of already modeled streets with no houses I guess it will grow in future to a decent city.

It already has decent loot but there is room for more... after a short visit at the NEAF which got me more ammo I went back further north to check out the surroundings of that new street going from Guba all the way west, same picture here as in Guba, lots of streets and places already modeled but rarely any buildings.

When I was north of the NWAF I turned south to visit the new Military tents in the hope to get me an ACOC scope but no luck but was able to change my orange large pack for a green and some more prestine fresh clothings/boots. Will check tomorrow again for an ACOC and the go further west and then north again.

Anyone else checked out the northern map border ( north of NWAF ) yet ?

Edited by GrumpyFragger

You didn't find any 7.62? There's a box (at least) in every super market.

The "Under Construction" buildings are the fastest way to get a hiking back pack, M4, box of 300 rounds (empty unfortunately) and 2 30 round STANAG magazines. Any of those in your travels?

• Like 1

Since I spawned near Balota ( which I avoided ) a few days ago I was wandering around gearing up and visited Polana which is now a decent City to loot compared from the "old" Polana in the mod.

Polana Factory is still the same so I went over to Berenzino, got a few more bits and pieces but was still without Gun apart from my Hachet.

Found an Monsin early after spawn but never any ammo for it so I dropped it on my way. After Berenzino I went to the Ship at Rify which got me an M4, fresh clothing and more food so I was good to go further up north to check out the new City Guba, by the amount of already modeled streets with no houses I guess it will grow in future to a decent city.

It already has decent loot but there is room for more... after a short visit at the NEAF which got me more ammo I went back further north to check out the surroundings of that new street going from Guba all the way west, same picture here as in Guba, lots of streets and places already modeled but rarely any buildings.

When I was north of the NWAF I turned south to visit the new Military tents in the hope to get my an ACOC scope but no luck but was able to change my orange large pack for a green and some more prestine fresh clothings/boots. Will check tomorrow again for an ACOC and the go further west and then north again.

Anyone else checked out the northern map border ( north of NWAF ) yet ?

Yes, it is beautiful. There are some awesome cliffs up there as well as the "foundation" laid down for many larger cities. I looked out into the empty "Debug Plains" from several different locations and crisscrossed a good deal of the North. The train station is a neat little place, as are the multiple barns already laid down in the future farming communities. I am assuming there will soon be a North Central sort of spawn point up there after everything get added in.

You didn't find any 7.62? There's a box (at least) in every super market.

The "Under Construction" buildings are the fastest way to get a hiking back pack, M4, box of 300 rounds (empty unfortunately) and 2 30 round STANAG magazines. Any of those in your travels?

Well I play on a busy server, dont do server hopping and was unfortunate to spawn when everything was already picked up by others. My 1st few tries I even ended up dieing from starvation because everything was already looted :(

Edited by GrumpyFragger

I'm hoping we'll see every city with some kind of theme. NWAF military, NEAF maybe helicopter/plane, Berezino boats, Solnichniy trucks, Green Mountain rare loot.

We'll see every town with a reason to go there, if not just to pass through it on the way to a major city. Hopefully...

Yes north will be much more then NWAF, can't wait.

Hopefully, never liked the coast madness in the mod even if every player encounter in the north normally ends with the dead of him or yourself but atleast you know what you up against. Not like the Balota/Cherno/Elektro madness were 50% think they are fully equipped when they have an axe to go beserk for 5min and then die and rins and repeat :facepalm:

Edited by GrumpyFragger
  • Like 1

Actually just made a video of some of the far northern locations. I couldn't figure out how to paste a link to youtube but just search for 'DayZ: SA: #2 What's far up North?' in youtube and it's a short video of 5 locations up there. Watch it if you'd like, my vid's are usually just for my friends and I to record dumb stuff throughout various games.

• Like 1

Yea the far north is shaping up to be really spectacular imo. Been all over the place up there and seen the debug a couple times. Looks to be a couple nice size towns going in at the least. And from the way a couple areas were laid out in the woods probably 1-2 new military areas as well.

I can't wait for them to finish adding in the buildings and such even if they won't have loot at first.

Im just fine with the North not being a tent heaven anymore. earlier in the mod the north was only good for hiding stuff in the forest. thats it. now that there will be towns and cities and maybe military bunkers it will be far more interesting to explore and loot.

Yeah I have been impressed with the detail of the cities so far.  I feel like the north needs to be more spread out.  Right now it is similar to the mod so all of the players seems to go to the same couple areas.  Things need to be spread out so that every player doesnt go to the same military base.

Well I play on a busy server, dont do server hopping and was unfortunate to spawn when everything was already picked up by others. My 1st few tries I even ended up dieing from starvation because everything was already looted :(

Oh. Well in THAT case. Sorry, I usually play on ~20 person servers

Check out the map at dayzdb.com and go to the MORTH WEST and check out all the area that has already been cleared and roads layed out with no buildings.. The north looks like it will have a TON more stuff than it does now