Sign in to follow this  
gamer222

Rocket said he optimized 4000 Zombies on map for now ...

Do you guys think this is already enough of zombies on map? Do we really need more of them...your thoughts?

he needs to fix the god damn zombies before adding more

You need plenty of Zombies to interact with in order to know what to improve.

Maybe you forgot that you're participating in a live alpha, and dont understand the process around it. Alot of you kids seem to.

Simple: you're playing it to fix it.

Edited by muggerfugger

Depends on how many people live in the real Chernarus.

98% of that should be zeds.

Exactly maximise how-many there are before you tweak them.

Simple to fix the. Now anyways fix the road ways and lower the breadcrumb radius.

More more more this is dayz survival not bandit world where people kill people zombies kill people.

Keep in mind people there is no system put in place for zeds to respawn yet ;)

Depends on how many people live in the real Chernarus.

98% of that should be zeds.

what is 98% of 0?

Maybe you forgot that you're participating in a live alpha, and dont understand the process around it. Alot of you kids seem to.

Simple: you're playing it to fix it.

we already know zombies can walk through the buildings, so fix it then.

we already know zombies can walk through the buildings, so fix it then.

You do realise zombies where the last thing worked on and rushed out to give the game to you alpher whiners? You know what maybe you should of waited befor you jumped not he hype train.

what is 98% of 0?

Never divide by zero you son of a bitch. You could kill us all.

Keep in mind people there is no system put in place for zeds to respawn yet ;)

Yup, kind of hard to justify the zombie count when you seldom encounter the full 4000 zombies on the map.

Zombies moving through buildings is caused by the change that now zombies are fully calculated on the server and not each client ( for collision eg)

I possible solution to decrease a permanent performance killer like this, how about:

"let zombies only move if a player is in range"

"as long as its only 1 player -> maybe let the client help calculating the collision"

but i guess one of the dev team already had similar ideas <3

There are not 4000 zombies on the map right now. He said that they need to optimize hyperthreading for servers before zombies and loot items can work simultaneously.

This. He said they can spawn 4000 in debug builds - if they completely remove loot spawning, due to performance limitations on dynamic objects. Currently 1000 zombies are spawned on server start.

The current AI (zombies) are just horrible. Adding more is only going to make it worse.

I would first fix the mess we have now, which is the AI...

It needs line of sight for starters from building meshes in the game...basic AI programming LOL

Edited by BigCountry

The current AI (zombies) are just horrible. Adding more is only going to make it worse.

I would first fix the mess we have now, which is the AI...

It needs line of sight for starters from building meshes in the game...basic AI programming LOL

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153994-early-access-important-information-known-issues/

1: Click on link

2: Scroll down

3: ????

4: Profit.

Basic reading comprehension LOL

he needs to fix the god damn zombies before adding more

Agreed.

Zombies are absolute crap at the moment so keeping them at low counts makes it bearable. Increasing their number just increases the frustration and bullcrap.

I would rather die from a bandit who shot me over a janky zombie that runs undernearth a house and teleports through walls anyday.

Zombies moving through buildings is caused by the change that now zombies are fully calculated on the server and not each client ( for collision eg)

I possible solution to decrease a permanent performance killer like this, how about:

"let zombies only move if a player is in range"

"as long as its only 1 player -> maybe let the client help calculating the collision"

but i guess one of the dev team already had similar ideas <3

You can't let the client help with how the game is run, even if it's only 1 client.

And the zombie count is what they have CURRENTLY optimized for, they will add more as performance goes up, and really, adding more zombies would only confuse matters when fixing them, "did that zombie clip into the wall because we haven't fixed the pathing yet? or because we had 5 zombies trying to force their way into a single doorway?"

Also, I imagine zombie respawning will be in before they add more zombies, I think you will be surprised just how many you actually see running around with the same numbers.