DaFatCookie

[Suggestion] easier way to find some resources

When ever I play it takes me along time to find weapons,food, and some clothing

Making it way to hard to survive and every time a zombie attacks me there's no time to find aid or rags to help

So I just think that there should add something to make finding resources a bit easy but not to easy i still want a challenge

I'm new to the forums so be easy on me its my first post

What exactly do you want them to add that will make finding resources easier? You're not being very descriptive.

I'm finding it hard to believe you are dying from zombies, not only are they much slower, but also very, very few in numbers. One in a street if you are lucky.

Currently it takes 10 minutes TOPS to get fully kitted out and maybe another 10 to get all the food you will ever need.  Not sure if we're playing the same game...

Let's give magic indicators of loot! Lol, Dayz is meant to be hard, and is not designed to appeal to everyone or be dumbed down.

Currently it takes 10 minutes TOPS to get fully kitted out and maybe another 10 to get all the food you will ever need.  Not sure if we're playing the same game...

10 minutes tops? Not if you stay on one server.

OP, welcome to DayZ and the DayZ forums. It's going to get easier because you will get better. Once you learn the tricks of the trade it's not a problem at all. You won't even need a map at some point and you may think, "Wow this is too easy," even. Ask for help, but don't ask for the game to be changed to help you get your loot.

Edited by Diggydug

What exactly do you want them to add that will make finding resources easier? You're not being very descriptive.

I'm finding it hard to believe you are dying from zombies, not only are they much slower, but also very, very few in numbers. One in a street if you are lucky.

Well I always make sure there are no zombies around when I go places but when I get into a house a zombie just walks through the wall and hits me out of nowhere so i start to run but I can't find anything to heal so my character bleeds out and finding weapons is harder for me to find so that I can kill

Finding food for me is hard because when I go places to scavenge I rarely(most of the time i find nothing) find drinks and food then my character gets hungry and or thirsty

I am playing the standalone so I'm new to the game as well i never played the ARMA mod of it

...I find food and drinks everywhere...literally....everywhere...

weapons are a little harder to find, but make sure to look in the back of cars, fire stations, hospitals and all the new buildings.

Well I always make sure there are no zombies around when I go places but when I get into a house a zombie just walks through the wall and hits me out of nowhere so i start to run but I can't find anything to heal so my character bleeds out and finding weapons is harder for me to find so that I can kill

Finding food for me is hard because when I go places to scavenge I rarely(most of the time i find nothing) find drinks and food then my character gets hungry and or thirsty

Well, if a zombie just casually floats through the wall, there's not much you can do but flee for your life. As for rags, just tear up the T-shirt you spawn with to get some. Finding resources is already a fairly easy task in the Standalone. It's just the matter of getting there before someone else knicks your bloody stuff that's the tricky part. Also, in regards to finding stuff, try going on a low-pop server. That way you might actually be able to! XD

Welcome to Dayz!

Edited by Hanku

First, Welcome to Chernarus. I do hope you have a pleasant stay.

There are lots of guides, tips and tricks all through the forums, and elsewhere, The search function is your friend!

Oh and take your T-shirt you spawn with and tear it into rags if you're bleeding out. Keep an eye out for spare t-shirts or bandanas along the way as well. Free bandages in a sense.

When you start, find a well. The DayZDB map has them all marked, as do the maps ingame. They're in about every town and easy to find once you know what to look for.

Drink from them until it says you're full, then go find some food and eat up.

From that point on you're good to loot and watch out for others without worrying about food and water all that much.

Edited by Diggydug