lunatik20

Player housing SA

The main problem here I see is you're just offering a way for people to escape the realities of DayZ danger by being able to store and keep as much food as possible in a secret location. You could get on an empty server, farm food to your heart's content, and then never starve.

that's only correct if we assume server hopping will always be possible and will always remain in the state it is currently in. personally, I think having one database across all game servers is only a temporary mechanic, that should be gotten rid of as soon as people get the ability to set up their own private Hives easily "out of the box". because it's clear as day server hopping and combat logging are two issues affecting the game in the worst possible way the most.

This is inherently why people continue to play DayZ: You lose your stuff and get to start over, and I think a lot of people (myself included) love to start over.

I agree with you here, but I don't think it's right to assume everyone or even the majority of people playing DayZ feel the same way.

You're grasping at straws and trying to find a reason to play the game just a few minutes longer.

again, you're assuming the game and its core gameplay will not change. I think that's a very pessimistic view. this game will die very soon if there's nothing more to do in it except for looting for supplies, dying and respawning just to repeat the cycle again. that's not what DayZ is about to me. to me it's about seeing how long I can last with one character, and I will definitely last longer if I can stash some of my food or medical supplies, thus freeing some space in my inventory for scavenging other useful stuff. and when I break my leg or get an infection I know I don't have to go to the nearest hospital in hopes of randomly finding exactly what I need. I just need to get to my stash (possibly leading bandits to it, which adds a whole new dimension to the game, imho)

i like the idea of cading like in Zombie Panic , or a simpler version of it anyway , but the only problem i see is if you bord up a house whats to keep someone from sever hoping to get inside ? 

would love to have moveable furniture & barricading but with the ability to jump from serv to serv thered have to be some sort of mechanic to claim an area or building & spawn the unwelcome player outside of it ????

meh just my 2 cents , but i do hope for the ability to fortify a pre existing building & call it home .. with a little white picket fence wrapped in barbed wire .. & a red bow .

trespassers will be shot , survivors will be shot again & eaten .. with a smooth honey mustard glaze . 

It would have to be very limited to a single storage box or something. Origins was simply a hoarding simulator: Find a bunch of stuff you'll never use, keep it locked away, cry when your house is invaded, never play Origins again.

Wtf are you talking about?

My house was full of FAL's, PkP's, M14's and ammo to go along. As well as backpacks, bandages, food, water, and night vision goggles.   I wouldnt consider that stuff I would never use.