svinoi

Change in game name

Any chance of giving us the option to change our characters names in game?

At the minute, it is taken from our steam account, which leads to folk deciding to add us just because we ran into each other maybe once or twice in game. I`ve had three adds sent in the two times I`ve run the game.

Had similar in  M:Wizard Wars, until they gave us the option.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Any chance of giving us the option to change our characters names in game?

At the minute, it is taken from our steam account, which leads to folk deciding to add us just because we ran into each other maybe once or twice in game. I`ve had three adds sent in the two times I`ve run the game.

Had similar in  M:Wizard Wars, until they gave us the option.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think this is a massive issue. Your Steam identity isn't displayed anywhere, except the player menu and chat box, that is. If you have a mic, it really wouldn't be that difficult to give the people you bump into a false name. (Generally what I happen to do, when I don't just shoot them first  :P) Might be a little more tricky if you have to type, I suppose. But still, nobody is -forcing- you to accept these friend requests, you could always politely decline them? It's probably something that will be addressed at some point, but I can't see it happening while there are much bigger issues with the Alpha that the Dev's have to deal with.

Like putting in some decent rifles *hint hint*

Yeah I know there are other things that need dealing with first, but they can see you name when you type or talk & get your steam account via this.

As luck would have it I bought the original ARMA games plus DayZ mod without any chance of stalkish type folk, even if they`re the friendly sort ;)

You dont need to run into people to get there steam name.

All I need to do is join a server! Then in my friends list, click on the "Recently Played with" tab, and boom your there. So I can now stalk you =)