Sign in to follow this  
MLCA

Night time gamma fixed in some servers?

Played on 2 servers where it was pitch black at night even with full moon and stars on the sky.

Turned my gamma and brightness up but it did nothing! Still I could only see with my flashlight on.

So is it possible to fix it on the server settings? Can any1 confirm this?

Also on a side note, I can't list this servers since apparently there's no way to show the server name once you are ingame, If anyone knows how to please post it below.

Thanks

its supposed to be dark...there is no "fixing" i hope they keep it this way.

its supposed to be dark...there is no "fixing" i hope they keep it this way.

Yes I know but in case you didn't realize yet in most nighttime servers you can turn up the gamma and brightness and see almost as good as day.

Now on this servers I mentioned that didn't work so there must be something different on those servers settings?

Gamma/Brightness adjustments should be locked out or shouldn't work at night even if not locked. Why even bother playing on a night time server if you're going to turn it into day with gamma/brightness adjustments? Maybe to have an advantage over people who do not use the gamma/brightness adjustments?

Doesn't make sense to me and never will.

I would say you were running into differences in the weather at night.  Full moon and clear skies will make the night time seem a lot more bright compared to a not so full moon.... I don't know for sure but I would say that those conditions can have an effect on the gamma/brightness adjustments.

Yes I agree I do not like the gamma "cheat" as we'll but I have to admit I used it before since I did not want to be at a disadvantage.

Anyways the point of this thread is to confirm othe ppl also came across this servers where the gamma cheat does not work so maybe we can come up with a list or something for those who want to play at night in a fair enviroment.

Sounds like cloud cover.

If you play around with the Cloud settings and put HDR on Low instead of Very Low you should always have superb night vision.

Most people have no clue what OP wanted to know haha.

I was going to post something about this though and think it's to do with some servers not having the moon or its too early/late in the night time to have moon up high enough. 

Though my gamma does nothing now in game not sure if they changed that? Is gamma doing anything for other people? I've tried lowest  and highest settings and changed nothing not sure if its getting locked by something I have done or devs have disabled gamma?