Sign in to follow this  
pappy0279

42 Sacriel just got hacked

Yes he can. He can just ban a key without a VAC ban. They have 2 planned anti-cheats: VAC and one that is currently undisclosed but more than likely going to be BE which allows manual banning. Even without an anti-cheat or ban system currently in place its not hard to add a boolean to the database to say if a player is banned and then have a server auto kick a person using a banned key.

And it is all automated for Dean. Do you realize how hard it is for Dean to go through the data base and ban someone single handedly? Let me remind you the data base is getting updated every 3-5 sec with 200,000+ online. I wanna see YOU go try to find that ONE name in the data base.

This is the reason Dean did the data base wipe a few weeks ago. He doesn't have the time, nor patience to single out a scripter/hacker.

Edited by Shadow134

Yes he can. He can just ban a key without a VAC ban. They have 2 planned anti-cheats: VAC and one that is currently undisclosed but more than likely going to be BE which allows manual banning. Even without an anti-cheat or ban system currently in place its not hard to add a boolean to the database to say if a player is banned and then have a server auto kick a person using a banned key.

I guess you're the only other one who knows he is running 2 anti-cheats.  One of which being VAC.  So under the assumption the second anti-hack is working fine, manual banning will be possible for Rocket to do.

I honestly would prefer PB to BE. BE is crap imo.

wow you're really not getting it are you? VALVE/STEAM/VAC DECIDES WHO GETS BANNED AND WHO DOESN'T!!! Rocket can't to shit about it!

He can't ban people from Steam but I'm pretty sure he can ban people from DayZ if he wants.

He can't ban people from Steam but I'm pretty sure he can ban people from DayZ if he wants.

yes, of course. 

First, I think the OP meant Rocket (or BIS) could ban the guy from the standalone. Not issue a VAC ban.

Second, isn't it possible that someone was watching his stream, spawned where he was, and killed him? I'm not sure how that works but apparently it's a thing people do. Just a thought, I don't watch Sacriel or any streams.

And it is all automated for Dean. Do you realize how hard it is for Dean to go through the data base and ban someone single handedly? Let me remind you the data base is getting updated every 3-5 sec with 200,000+ online. I wanna see YOU go try to find that ONE name in the data base.

This is the reason Dean did the data base wipe a few weeks ago. He doesn't have the time, nor patience to single out a scripter/hacker.

I don't expect, nor di I want him to. The point was that it could be done if Dean really wanted to and that all the people talking about it not being possible or spouting shit about VAC bans don't have a clue what they are on about.

And it was a global database wipe as, I assume, the source of gear is not logged as this would take up ridiculous amounts of space so wiping everyone ensures any hacked gear is removed and so puts everyone on a level playing field again.

I guess you're the only other one who knows he is running 2 anti-cheats.  One of which being VAC.  So under the assumption the second anti-hack is working fine, manual banning will be possible for Rocket to do.

I honestly would prefer PB to BE. BE is crap imo.

ATM he is running none and BE isn't bad per-say but it had the task of protecting a system intentionally designed to be 'exploited'.  

Second, isn't it possible that someone was watching his stream, spawned where he was, and killed him? I'm not sure how that works but apparently it's a thing people do. Just a thought, I don't watch Sacriel or any streams.

Yes, that's how they would have found him if it was a targeted attack. They just join the server, give themselves gear and just run a script that teleports the target player to them.

Edited by RaxUK

Yes he even admitted in chat that he was a subscriber, but that was not the point. He warped right in, hit him with an axe and disappeared again. Then when sacriel tried to bandage himself, he reappeared and killed him. 

Server side issue, not hacks. Sacriel just likes to take things out of proportion because he likes to say '' Ill tell dean later '' or '' i know dean, he'll get banned''. 

would take no time at all, a unique identifier and it would be less than a second.. they don't sit there scrolling through every name in a list. 

The reason Rocket has no say over VAC bans is because VAC bans are applied to all VAC enabled games.  Therefore the system of bans for VAC must be very structured and streamlined, so you don't get alot of "Wrongful Bans" causing people to be unable to play multiple games.  If Rocket and Devs create another ban system structure that is native to DayZ only, then he will have control over player bans but then so will most server owners more than likely.  I would say this is a system that may come in time, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.  There will always be hackers willing to lose their privileges for easy kicks.  There is no master super ban system that is absolutely correct or absolutely permanent.  It just is not possible, otherwise they wouldn't be called hackers even though that is pretty loose term for most cheaters.

Yes he even admitted in chat that he was a subscriber, but that was not the point. He warped right in, hit him with an axe and disappeared again. Then when sacriel tried to bandage himself, he reappeared and killed him. 

Well that ain't right. Ah well I was just trying to throw a possible answer out there, I don't know what went on truly so I'll stop with my ideas. He got some infamy and that's all he really wanted.

You don't live in America do you?

BIS can keep you from playing their games. Steam could get rid of your whole library if they wanted. Living in the US has nothing to do with. You agreed to it.

Everybody is so quick to call hacks. Why wouldn't the supposed hacker just go to the same spot on another server, join that server, kill him, then quit again? If he's watching the stream it would be painfully easy once he knows which server they're playing on.

ya but lets face it if there weren't script kiddies or hackers he might not have to play so aggressive.

That's some class A bullshit right there. There's a few reports of script kiddies, nothing with very much evidence. This isn't the mod sunshine, the hack/script situation is completely over hyped.

Sacriel can do what he wants because he earned his Gear not like the cheaters, that to me is very important.These little tards that ruin his stream piss me off.So I hope Rocket makes this Tard Pay.one more thing before I go y are people like so mad.If you cheat get banned sucker. Encourage Rocket to ban cheaters not he cant do that.

Reading over several of the fanatical posts you have made in this thread, you seem to be massively confused on the differences between a VAC ban, server ban and cd key/game ban.  Rocket and Bohemia Interactive do not issue VAC bans.  Server admins can ban players from their servers and BI could ban your game key but only Steam/VAC can VAC-ban your Steam account. 

Reading over several of the fanatical posts you have made in this thread, you seem to be massively confused on the differences between a VAC ban, server ban and cd key/game ban.  Rocket and Bohemia Interactive do not issue VAC bans.  Server admins can ban players from their servers and BI could ban your game key but only Steam/VAC can VAC-ban your Steam account. 

Pretty sure that when people talk about Rocket banning, they mean banning the player from DayZ. I don't think anyone is assuming Rocket or BI could issue a VAC ban, that's just some nonsense somebody assumed other people meant, and now it's derailed the thread.

You don't live in America do you?

What ever point you are about to make will be wrong or irrelevant.

The reason Rocket has no say over VAC bans is because VAC bans are applied to all VAC enabled games.  Therefore the system of bans for VAC must be very structured and streamlined, so you don't get alot of "Wrongful Bans" causing people to be unable to play multiple games.  If Rocket and Devs create another ban system structure that is native to DayZ only, then he will have control over player bans but then so will most server owners more than likely.  I would say this is a system that may come in time, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.  There will always be hackers willing to lose their privileges for easy kicks.  There is no master super ban system that is absolutely correct or absolutely permanent.  It just is not possible, otherwise they wouldn't be called hackers even though that is pretty loose term for most cheaters.

>DayZ will be a VAC enabled game and VAC bans, as far as I know, only ever apply to the game they were earned on

>Rocket will still have non say over VAC bans

>Not really sure about the structure thing, I guess so, maybe, kinda

>Dean could implement a bespoke ban system in about an hour.

>I don't know why you think server owners would have a say over global bans. Single server bans are a possibility when non-hive servers become a thing.

>I guess the rest is right but the no permanent ban thing isn't really as the key will be permanently banned forcing the cheater to drop another €25 into the game which is money the dev team can put towards making a better and more secure game.

Edited by RaxUK

Pretty sure that when people talk about Rocket banning, they mean banning the player from DayZ. I don't think anyone is assuming Rocket or BI could issue a VAC ban, that's just some nonsense somebody assumed other people meant, and now it's derailed the thread.

If you go back to page 1 and pappy's first post, you'll see that's exactly what he was claiming, that Sacriel had himself got the alleged hacker banned from Steam, which is of course incorrect.

At any rate, where exactly is this thread supposed to go?  There was a hacker in Sacriel's twitch stream.  Okay.  The end.

Server side issue, not hacks. Sacriel just likes to take things out of proportion because he likes to say '' Ill tell dean later '' or '' i know dean, he'll get banned''. 

I completely agree with you on sacriel he's getting more attention than his personality can handle. But this was live on stream and I saw it. And there is a hack that can teleport you up to 50m. 

If you go back to page 1 and pappy's first post, you'll see that's exactly what he was claiming, that Sacriel had himself got the alleged hacker banned from Steam, which is of course incorrect.

At any rate, where exactly is this thread supposed to go?  There was a hacker in Sacriel's twitch stream.  Okay.  The end.

I was just commenting on how talking about someone saying something incorrect isn't very interesting to read. I guess I shouldn't expect any less, these days people read the OP and form a reply without bothering to read the other 3 pages of responses. So we end up with 20 people saying Rocket can't VAC ban people.

How about discussing if this guy was actually hacked or the possibility that it wasn't hacks. I find that discussion a little more interesting than fact checking the OP.

I think your wrong its Rocket game and he can say you cant play it if he wants.

Meanwhile in Communist China.

It's not your right to participate in an online video game, it's a privilege.

I believe I purchased my "right" when I bought the alpha.

Anyone who thinks like this OP doesn't understand the real world and makes me sad.